Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 16th 2012 new

Messages...to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil),

Aug 1957

The Blessed Virgin said; "What am I to do, child of my heart, when my children turn from me? The false peace of this world lures them and in the end will destroy them. They think they have done enough in consecrating themselves to my Immaculate Heart. It is not enough. That which I ask for and is most important many have not given me. What I ask, have asked, and will continue to ask is reformation of life. There must be sanctification from within. I will work my miracles of grace only in those who ask for them and empty their souls of the love and attachment to sin and all that is displeasing to my Son. Souls who cling to sin cannot have their hands free to receive the treasures of grace that I hold out to them."

It is not in our power to change Bishops, priests, not anyone, not even a spouse, but we can be open to God, Our Father's grace and change ourselves!

It is within my power either to serve God or not to serve Him.
Serving Him, I
add to my own good
and the good of the whole world. Not serving Him, I
forfeit my own good and
deprive the world of that good, which was in my
power to create.
-author?

This site is Exclusively to post from you faith. Who can't point out abuses? Pray, and if it is in your power, fulfill your Spiritual Works of Mercy, are you so concerned for morality?
Then fulfill Our Lady's request, "...(She), wishes to be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. as Our Lady of America. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality..." in this forum, We can help if we do what she ask of us! So lets continue the positive thread of this forum, and get others to help with HER CAUSE!

What do you feel on a faith level? Is God in Charge or not? We can blame clergy or anyone else, but is that helpful?! Everyone is accountable to God for himself. HOW ARE WE doing in that department of ACCOUNTABILITY? LIVING OUR FAITH? Believing "everything" OUR HOLY MOTHER THE CHURCH TEACHES?! Living PURE LIVES In the State of Grace,

Let your faith speak in this forum.... We all need uplifted! God Bless! He may be our President But God is our Father. He knows what He is doing (even if we don't), TRUST HIM!

Recall the story of King David's life and another throwing stones at him David accepts it as coming from the hand of God can we do less?!

Can I ask everyone using this Forum to commit to at least writing their Bishop? Asking him to accede the request of Our Lady of America so that they may be fulfilled as it has been Canonically Approved by the then world renowned Canon lawyer Archbishop Burke That should carry weight, especially since Archbishop Burke has been made a Cardinal now in Vatican City as the Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura. He penned, "What can be concluded canonically is that the devotion was both approved by Archbishop Leibold and, what is more, was actively promoted by him. In addition, over the years, other Bishops have approved the devotion and have participated in public devotion to the Mother of God, under the title of Our Lady of America."
Canonical Approval
As such, devotion to Our Lady of America had been completely and fully canonically approved by Archbishop Leibold and confirmed by other bishops, leaving no question about the status of this apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil) which began 1956."

We want to fulfill her request to have her Statue of Our Lady of America carried in solemn procession and residing permanently at the Immaculate Conception Shrine in Washington, D.C.

Messages...to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil),

Aug 1957

The Blessed Virgin said; "What am I to do, child of my heart, when my children turn from me? The false peace of this world lures them and in the end will destroy them. They think they have done enough in consecrating themselves to my Immaculate Heart. It is not enough. That which I ask for and is most important many have not given me. What I ask, have asked, and will continue to ask is reformation of life. There must be sanctification from within. I will work my miracles of grace only in those who ask for them and empty their souls of the love and attachment to sin and all that is displeasing to my Son. Souls who cling to sin cannot have their hands free to receive the treasures of grace that I hold out to them."

On the morning of November 15, 1956, Our Lady taught me this little prayer:
"By thy Holy and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, deliver us from evil.
Our Lady then asked me to draw a picture of her first appearance. She also requested a statue made according to this likeness and placed, after being solemnly carried in procession, in the Shrine of The Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. She wishes to be honored there in a special way as Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin..."Tell the Bishops of the United Stares, my loyal sons, of my desires and how I wish them to be carried out. Through him who is head over you, make known the longings of my Immaculate Heart to establish the reign of my Divine Son in the hearts of men and thus save them from the scourge of heaven, both now and hereafter."
Our Lady, again addressing herself to me, spoke sadly yet hopefully:
"My daughter, will my children in America listen to my pleadings and console my Immaculate Heart? Will my loyal sons carry our my desires and thus help me bring the peace of Christ once again to mankind?

The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country,
and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a safeguard for the family. She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.

Our Lady of America has requested that the U.S. return to purity and lead the world to peace.

The Blessed Virgin Mary wishes to be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. as Our Lady of America. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality and the shrine would become a place of "wonders."

"It is the United States THAT IS TO LEAD THE WORLD TO PEACE, the peace of Christ, the peace that He brought with Him from heaven," Sister Mary Ephrem quoted The Virgin as saying. "Dear children, unless the United States accepts and carries out faithfully THE MANDATE GIVEN TO IT BY HEAVEN to lead the world to peace, there will come upon it and all nations a great havoc of war and incredible suffering. If, however, the United States is faithful to this mandate from heaven and yet fails in the pursuit of peace because the rest of the world will not accept or cooperate, then the United States will not be burdened with the punishment about to fall."

Isn't it interesting that Our Lady calls this a MANDATE, given to (the U.S.), by heaven, and we are striving to respond to Her request at a time when another mandate from our Pres. has been placed on Our Church!?
Can we NOW all work on this, requesting our Bishops through a personal letter, ( or with signature drives in our parishes, Placing her request on our facebooks... any other ideas?) to have her Statue of Our Lady of America carried in solemn procession and placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard our country?! LET ME HEAR FROM YOU THAT YOU HAVE SENT your LETTER to your Bishops, (google your Catholic Diocese for contact info.), GOD REWARD YOU!

Nov 16th 2012 new

We can do that in the privacy of our homes. We need to publicly protest. A million Catholics protesting AND praying won't go unnoticed by congress or Obama.

We need action. There is a group of young Catholics who formed a group call Faith And Action based on the scripture that says, "Faith without works is dead." This meant that faith without corresponding action isn't a faith. Now this groups action is to go around and paint or generally fix up houses of people who need help.

What if OUR action is different? What if our action is to protest, complain, write letters, call congressmen/women, to complain to new organizations, papers about their biased coverage, and make our voices heard?

I've often thought about forming a group of Catholics or Knights into cycle club. I think it would be totally funny to have a few hundred bikers ride up to an abortion mill, get off and pray the rosary. I think the owners of the abortion mill would be freaked out.

Scripture says that not all are ear, or eye or nose. Some of us are called to pray and others to ACT!

Nov 16th 2012 new

Bernie, Thank you for your call to action! Your ZEAL! I most Vehemently agree Faith without works is dead! But, we can't do all the works on a Forum site, my site was created for a different purpose Your clarion call to action would be best served perhaps on Patricia's site Part III - After the election, Where do we go from here?...

I don't want to get side tracked from my topic. I believe we have bungled enough even with the election and now it is time to call on Her as we do in the Salve Regina, the Hail Holy Queen,

You +1'd this publicly.Undo

She who is our life, our sweetness and OUR HOPE because she is the channel the Father chose to bring us her Son.

She has brought all of us in America a message, a call to arms and we keep ignoring it! I want this site to be used in Her Service to make her request known and fulfilled.

In my post above this one I recount some of Our Lady of America's messages, please refer there and to my very first post on this site. AGAIN, WHY DO WE NOT RESPOND?! Why don't we see Her way is the BEST way to achieve ALL that we all desire!!! Not all our strategies together is as POWERFUL as Hers. She knows their hearts and all their plans and how best to counteract them and lead us closer to Her Son Jesus! Let's keep our eyes on Her and help fulfill her request!!! theheart

The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country, (ISN'T THIS WHAT WE WANT?!) and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a safeguard for the family. She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.

Our Lady of America has requested that the U.S. return to purity and lead the world to peace. That is Our Lady's call to us, let's fulfill it and the ills of our nation of the world will be reddressed by our Conversion and implementing Her little request...!

The Blessed Virgin Mary wishes to be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. as Our Lady of America. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality and the shrine would become a place of "wonders."

Her message to us...
"It is the United States THAT IS TO LEAD THE WORLD TO PEACE, the peace of Christ, the peace that He brought with Him from heaven," Sister Mary Ephrem quoted The Virgin as saying. "Dear children, unless the United States accepts and carries out faithfully THE MANDATE GIVEN TO IT BY HEAVEN to lead the world to peace, there will come upon it and all nations a great havoc of war and incredible suffering. If, however, the United States is faithful to this mandate from heaven and yet fails in the pursuit of peace because the rest of the world will not accept or cooperate, then the United States will not be burdened with the punishment about to fall."

Isn't it interesting that Our Lady calls this a MANDATE, given to (the U.S.), by heaven, and we are striving to respond to Her request at a time when another mandate from our Pres. has been placed on Our Church!?
Can we NOW all work on this, requesting our Bishops through a personal letter, ( or with signature drives in our parishes, Placing her request on our facebooks... any other ideas?) to have her Statue of Our Lady of America carried in solemn procession and placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard our country?! I HOPE I WILL HEAR FROM YOU THAT YOU HAVE SENT your LETTER to your Bishops, (google your Catholic Diocese for contact info.), GOD REWARD YOU!
Nov 16th 2012 new
Colette, I am with you 100%!!! This is EXACTLY what we need and now! I am blown away by Our Lady's promise and mandate. I copied your post into an email tonight and sent it off to my family and to my Uncle who is a priest. I asked him to raise it with a bishop. I don't know if he will or not, but we can pray for it. How can our country be favored with such a grace and ignore it? Come Holy Spirit. We ask for strength and wisdom for our bishops to honor Our Lady's simple request. Folks - with human hands and human argument, we stumble. With God's hands and his grace, coming to us through the Mediatrix of all Graces, we cannot fail. Please support this. Read Colette's post above, pray and act.
Nov 17th 2012 new

I was simply replying to posts directed at me. You know, you need to let the Spirit lead us. Maybe he is leading your forum down a path different than you invisioned.

Nov 17th 2012 new

I just got word from Diane not a CM member and It is really heartwarming.

She writes about the Nov 12, 2012 USCCB
meeting: "Card. Dolan hits it out of the park!"

Cardinal Dolan explains,
"To believers also the Church must ever preach faith and
penance," declared the council fathers in the very first of the documents to
appear, Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy. (SC, n. 9) ​To be sure, the
sacraments of initiation - - Baptism, Confirmation, the Eucharist - - charge,
challenge, and equip the agents of evangelization. Without those sacraments, we
remain isolated, unredeemed, timid and unfed. ​ But, the Sacrament of Reconciliation evangelizes the
evangelizers, as it brings us sacramentally into contact with Jesus, who calls
us to conversion of heart, and allows us to answer his invitation to repentance
-- a repentance from within that can then transform the world without.
​ What an irony that despite the call of the Second
Vatican Council for a renewal of the Sacrament of Penance, what we got instead
was its near disappearance. ​We became very good in the years following the
Council in calling for the reform of structures, systems, institutions, and
people other than ourselves.That, too, is important; it can transform our
society and world. But did we fail along the way to realize that in no way can
the New Evangelization be reduced to a program, a process, or a call to
structural reform; that it is first and foremost a deeply personal conversion
within? "The Kingdom of God is within," as Jesus taught.

The premier answer to the question "What's wrong with
the world?" "what's wrong with the church?" is not politics, the economy,
secularism, sectarianism, globalization or global warming . . .none of these, as
significant as they are. As Chesterton wrote, "The answer to the question
'What's wrong with the world?' is just two words:'I am,'"

​ I am!
Admitting that leads to conversion of heart and repentance, the marrow of the
Gospel-invitation. I remember the insightful words of a holy priest well known
to many of us from his long apostolate to priests and seminarians in Rome,
Monsignor Charles Elmer, wondering aloud from time to time if, following the
close of the Council, we had sadly become a Church that forgot how to kneel.If
we want the New Evangelization to work, it starts on our knees.

The work of our Conference ( USCCB) during the coming year
includes reflections on re-embracing Friday as a particular day of penance,
including the possible re-institution of abstinence on all Fridays of the year,
not just during Lent. Our pastoral plan offers numerous resources for catechesis
on the Sacrament of Penance, and the manifold graces that come to us from the
frequent use of confession. Next June we will gather in a special assembly as
brother bishops to pray and reflect on the mission entrusted to us by the
Church, including our witness to personal conversion in Jesus Christ, and so to
the New Evangelization.

We work at giving our people good examples of humble,
repentant pastors, aware of our own personal and corporate sins, constantly
responding to the call of Jesus to interior conversion. Remember the Curé of
Ars? When a concerned group of his worried supporters came to him with a
stinging protest letter from a number of parishioners, demanding the bishop to
remove John Vianney as their curé, claiming he was a sinner, ignorant, and
awkward, St. John Vianney took the letter, read it carefully ... and signed the
petition!

And, I have suggested today, that as we "come and go" in response to the
invitation of Jesus, we begin with the Sacrament of Penance.This is the
sacrament of the New Evangelization, for as Pope Benedict reminds us, "We cannot
speak about the new evangelization without a sincere desire to conversion."
(Homily for the Opening of the XIII Ordinary General Synod of
Bishops).

With this as my presidential address, I know I risk the
criticism. I can hear it now: "With all the controversies and urgent matters for
the Church, Dolan spoke of conversion of heart through the Sacrament of Penance.
Can you believe it?"

To which I reply, 'You better believe
it!'

First things first!"

In the Canonically Approved Our Lady of America messages Jan. 1957 "Tell the Bishops of the United States my loyal sons of my desires and how I wish them to be carried out. Thorough him who is head over you, make know the longings of my Immaculate Hear to establish the reign of my Divine Son in the heart's of men and thus save them from the scourge of heaven, both now and hereafter."...will the children in America listen to my pleadings?...

Feb. 3, 1957 "Reform of Life is what I ask as a sign and proof of my children's love for me. God looks at the heart, and if it resembles the heart of His Divine Son, it is with great pleasure he regards it."

Request your Bishop with your own letter, (google your diocese for contact info), or with signature drives in your parishes, any other ideas? Can some of our Bishops accept your tweets (?) to have her Statue, Our Lady of America placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard our country. Any other info you care to glean can be obtained in the first post. God bless you all!
Nov 18th 2012 new
Colette, The promises of Our Lady of America are amazing. She truly wants what is best for us. I noticed this page on New York's first responders in September 2007. We live in hope that her requests will be honored, especially for this amazing statue of her to be placed in the National Shrine. The promise associated with that request can still come to be. Even with all that's happened, it's not too late, yet. Does anyone feel that she is less trustworthy than our political leaders? Yet we put all our energies into political hopes, and so little into the words of Our Mother Mary. Come Holy Spirit, move the hearts of your faithful. Thank you again for starting this thread and awakening this interest inside me. May others join in prayer and deed. www.ourladyofamerica.org
Nov 20th 2012 new

[quote]John-746882 said:
Colette, The promises of Our Lady of America are amazing. She truly wants what is best for us. I noticed this page on New York's first responders in September 2007. We live in hope that her requests will be honored, especially for this amazing statue of her to be placed in the National Shrine. The promise associated with that request can still come to be. Even with all that's happened, it's not too late, yet. Does anyone feel that she is less trustworthy than our political leaders? Yet we put all our energies into political hopes, and so little into the words of Our Mother Mary. Come Holy Spirit, move the hearts of your faithful. Thank you again for starting this thread and awakening this interest inside me. May others join in prayer and deed.[quote] http://www.ourladyofamerica.org

Messages...to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil) from Our Lady of America... theheart

On November 8, 1954, a short time after the visit of the Angel of Peace, Our Lady spoke to me in these words: "It is the wish of my Son that fathers and mothers strive to imitate me and my chaste spouse in our holy life at Nazareth. We practiced the simple virtues of family life, Jesus our Son being the center of all our love and activity. The Holy Trinity dwelt with us in a manner far surpassing anything that can ever be imagined. For ours was the earthly para-dise where once again God walked among men.

"As in our little home no sin was to be found, so it is the wish of the Heart of my Son and my Immaculate Heart that sin should, as far as possible, be unheard of in the homes of our children.

"The Divine Trinity will dwell in your midst only if you are faithful in practicing the virtues of our life at Nazareth. Then, you also, my children, you also will become another paradise. God will then walk among you and you will have peace.

"I need your help to bring peace into the world. Do not disappoint me."

In the fall of 1956 I was sent to help out at one of our larger institutions. It was at this place that the official visits of Our Lady began, and the special mission entrusted to me revealed. The following is the account of these visits as it was written at that time:

On the eve of the feast of the North American Martyrs, September 25, 1956, as I was making the Holy Hour from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., I was conscious of the distinct and special feeling of the presence of Our Lady. She stood by my side and spoke to me. I felt, rather than saw her, though I did see a part of her white gown and a small portion of her blue sash. I was under the impression that she came as Our Lady of Lourdes, and she herself confirmed this. Our Lady promised that greater miracles than those granted at Lourdes and Fatima would be granted here in America, the United Stares in particular, if we would do as she desires.

These are the words she spoke to me at this time:

"I am pleased, my child, with the love and honor my children in America give to me, especially through my glorious and unique privilege of the Immaculate Conception. I promise to reward their love by working through the power of my Son's Heart and my Immaculate Heart miracles of grace among them.

I do not promise miracles of the body, but of the soul."

Our lady emphasized this very much. She is anxiously concerned about our inner life.

She continued: "For it is mainly through these miracles of grace that the Holy Trinity is glorified among men and nations. Let America continue and grow in its love for me, and I in return, in union with the Heart of my Son, promise to work wonders in her. My child, I desire that this be known."

The next morning, the feast of the North American Martyrs, Mass had just been concluded and the Community thanksgiving was almost over. There were a few minutes left when suddenly Our Lady appeared before me, enveloped in a soft glow of light. I knew with unmistakable certainty that it was she, though she did not speak immediately. What I noticed was the smile on Our Lady's beautiful countenance and the lily she held in her right hand. She wore a white veil reaching almost to the waist and a mantle and robe of pure white with not a single decoration of any kind. An oblong-shaped clasp or brooch held the ends of the mantle together at the top. It was all gold, as was the high and brilliant crown which she wore. Her hair and her eyes seemed of medium brown. Her feet were bare, but these I did not always see, as they were sometimes covered by the moving clouds on which Our Lady stood. She continued to smile. Then I saw her heart appear, encircled with red roses, the symbol of suffering as it was revealed to me, and sending forth flames of fire. With her left hand Our Lady seemed to be holding up slightly the upper part of her mantle, so that her Immaculate Heart could be seen.

Then solemnly and distinctly, in calm yet majestic tones, I heard these words: "I am Our Lady of America. I desire that my children honor me, especially by the purity of their lives."

Will you help fulfill Our Mother's request? Please read first post....

Nov 20th 2012 new

Good, positive way of looking at this.

Nov 22nd 2012 new
On this beautiful Thanksgiving Day in America, I thank Our Lady of America for her intentions for our country. I thank God for giving us such a wonderful Mother. I picked my niece up at the airport yesterday as she is home for this Thanksgiving from college. In the car I told her about Our Lady of America, and she was energized. She said let's write a letter to the Bishop. Maybe the youth will see how great a gift she is to us. Maybe they will be the spark we need. "Wishing everyone a beautiful Thanksgiving......all thanks and glory to the Almighty!" - George Washington. Our Lady of America, pray for us.
Posts 91 - 100 of 122