Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Wow, just wow eyepopping
www.youtube.com

Can you imagine the chair of the GOP saying that the Democrats were now blacker and more female, intimating that is a problem?

I guess it doesn't matter what the qualifications of a PERSON is, just what gender and race. How about the fact that those representatives she is disparaging were voted in by their constituents. The prejudice coming from the Democratic party is appalling to me.
Maybe it would help to make it equitable by looking at the 2010 census

51% female
49% male
White Americans - 72%
Black Americans - 12%
Asian Americans - 4%
American Indians - .9%
Hispanic and Latino Americans - 16%

So, to be truly representative of the population in the U.S. a little over half of our political representatives should be female, 72% White, 12% Black, 16% Hispanic and throw in a few American Indians and Asians. Of course the only way this would work is if it was on both sides of the aisle.
Also, you need to forget about qualifications for the job.

Well, lets talk about Governors. Republicans have 4 women to Dems. 2. Republicans have the first American Indian and first Hispanic women governors.

Honestly, I am so sick of the lying, bigotted rhetoric that pours out of the liberals and am amazed at people who believe it instead of looking for the truth.

11/21/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Wow, just wow www.youtube.com you imagine the c...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Wow, just wow
www.youtube.com

Can you imagine the chair of the GOP saying that the Democrats were now blacker and more female, intimating that is a problem?

I guess it doesn't matter what the qualifications of a PERSON is, just what gender and race. How about the fact that those representatives she is disparaging were voted in by their constituents. The prejudice coming from the Democratic party is appalling to me.

51% female
49% male
White Americans - 72%
Black Americans - 12%
Asian Americans - 4%
American Indians - .9%

So, to be truly representative of the population in the U.S. a little over half of our political representatives should be female, 72% White, 12% Black, 16% Hispanic and throw in a few American Indians and Asians. Of course the only way this would work is if it was on both sides of the aisle.

Well, lets talk about Governors. Republicans have 4 women to Dems. 2. Republicans have the first American Indian and first Hispanic women governors.

Honestly, I am so sick of the lying, bigotted rhetoric that pours out of the liberals and am amazed at people who believe it instead of looking for the truth.

--hide--

The bottom line is, the color or ethnicity of the members voted in, is probably the color and ethnicity of the people
whose problems they will address. It is becoming a divided country. We have all seen this before.

I don't think the rest of us count as far as how they will vote.

Your statistics represent the whole country. It is very interesting to see the comparison. At this point in time,
I am a little dubious about the white classification being that high. Also, I think the hispanic is too low.

11/21/2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: The bottom line is, the color or ethnicity of the members voted in, is probably the co...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

The bottom line is, the color or ethnicity of the members voted in, is probably the color and ethnicity of the people
whose problems they will address. It is becoming a divided country. We have all seen this before.

I don't think the rest of us count as far as how they will vote.

Your statistics represent the whole country. It is very interesting to see the comparison. At this point in time,
I am a little dubious about the white classification being that high. Also, I think the hispanic is too low.

--hide--

I agree with you about the White and Hispanic count. It doesn't include illegals. Plus the population growth for Hispanics grew 50% last year and the white growth is much lower.

My point, as you know, is about demographics. I am tired of both parties focusing on it. I just wish they would get to fixing the country and worry less about pushing their agendas.

11/21/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Wow, just wow www.youtube.com you imagine the ch...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Wow, just wow
www.youtube.com

51% female
49% male
White Americans - 72%
Black Americans - 12%
Asian Americans - 4%
American Indians - .9%

--hide--
I'm sick of this too....but it is Thanksgiving...time to stop worrying for a while.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4