Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

11/19/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Congratulations, Joanne! Newborn grandchildren are such blessings from God!
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Congratulations, Joanne! Newborn grandchildren are such blessings from God!

--hide--

Thank you, Beverly! They certainly are a blessing.

11/19/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I thank God for his many blessings! Earlier today I was talking to Calvin from drug court in P.....
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I thank God for his many blessings!

Earlier today I was talking to Calvin from drug court in P.... County. Turns out he knew my son when he was in third grade going to B...,. Grade school. He is now in charge of running a drug court in P...... County which is about an hours drive from where my son wet to school. He actually remembered my son and me, though that part doesn't exactly surprise me because my son was angry at me for moving him to that school district at the time and I think I spent thirty minutes of each morning hearing what had happened the day before.....if you thought going to the principals office was bad when you were a kid it is even worse when you are trying to figure out how to keep out of there as and adult.

When Calvin heard my story of the letter Andrew wrote himself five years ago he started making plans how he can use the information I provided to help those he is serving in drug court, he was just waiting for my permission.....I thank God for providing this person who is trying to help others! And I marvel that he sent someone who met my son and I so very long ago......
--hide--
Brenda, this is an incredible gift of love you are giving to others! Just as Christ, through His sacrifice, has made it possible for us to have salvation, so may Andrew's words of misery and warning save another's life.

I thank God for a courageous woman like you, who can reach out to others, even through her own grief. God bless you! theheart

11/20/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Brenda, this is an incredible gift of love you are giving to others! Just as Christ, through Hi...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Brenda, this is an incredible gift of love you are giving to others! Just as Christ, through His sacrifice, has made it possible for us to have salvation, so may Andrew's words of misery and warning save another's life.

I thank God for a courageous woman like you, who can reach out to others, even through her own grief. God bless you!

--hide--
Brenda,

I agree with Beverly 100 per cent! Thank God for people like you!

11/20/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Brenda, I agree with Beverly 100 per cent! Thank God for people like you!
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Brenda,

I agree with Beverly 100 per cent! Thank God for people like you!

--hide--

Actually I have contacts in two other towns here that want to use the story as well...I am hoping it might catch on and help others actually get help!
11/20/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Actually I have contacts in two other towns here that want to use the story as well...I am hopin...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Actually I have contacts in two other towns here that want to use the story as well...I am hoping it might catch on and help others actually get help!
--hide--
Good for you Brenda. I believe there is PURPOSE in/for everything we do

11/20/2012 new

[quote]Jerry-730726 said:

[/quo I have been hearing these words during the communion part of the service "to see the face of God"
and wonder if they have always been there or that I am envisioning that most enthralling moment. It
does bring tears to my eyes at the wonder.

11/20/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I thank God for the little things that can make me very happy: a wordless emotigram from a...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

I thank God for the little things that can make me very happy:

a wordless emotigram from a former CMer who still occasional signs on, just to say I'm thought of;
wordy emotigrams or messages from active CM friends who think of me;
people who pray for posted intentions.

In the grand scheme of things, these are really small gestures.
But in the grand scheme of things, the small things matter greatly!!!

--hide--
Lina, you are thought of todaywave

11/21/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Good for you Brenda. I believe there is PURPOSE in/for everything we do
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

--hide--

If you will remember I may have mentioned a Thomas Kincade Print that I donated to the Counseling Center in OKC for their use. When I dropped by today to talk to Monica about the toys that I wish to donate to a worthy cause before Christmas. I thank God tonight for being so blessed because I found out that a special prayer chapel has been set up in the hall of the center for those who are not comfortable sitting in the waiting room with others. There is a Sacred Heart of Jesus statue in the corner, the painting with the In Loving Memory of Andrew plaque, at simple wooden table & two wood chairs so that you can sit & pray or look at the painting & statue...for me it felt very good knowing that my donation can bring joy to others......
11/21/2012 new

I thank God for my Catholic faith, good health, life, career and education. I also thank God for the friendships I have made through Catholic Match and for all the events I have attended.

11/21/2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Lina, you are thought of today
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Lina, you are thought of today

--hide--
Awwwwww! hug

Posts 131 - 140 of 200