Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hi,

I have been on and off Catholic Match and recently decided to rejoin again. I am curious to know people's thoughts on a few things. How long do you communicate on Catholic Match with a potential match before giving out your phone number or email address? What is usually the standard? I like to get to know someone first for awhile before giving out that information. To me information is a little too personal to give out right away. What does everyone else think?

Thanks,
Melissa

11/22/2012 new

Hi Melissa and welcome back. It is really up to and the person your chatting/emailing on this site. When you feel comfortable then exchange what information you want to. People will say they wait this long & wont do this & that. It is all up to how you feel on this. Do not give all personal information right away. Start with a phone number first and see how that goes.

11/22/2012 new

(Quote) Melissa-521920 said: Hi,I have been on and off Catholic Match and recently decided to rejoin again. I am cur...
(Quote) Melissa-521920 said:

Hi,

I have been on and off Catholic Match and recently decided to rejoin again. I am curious to know people's thoughts on a few things. How long do you communicate on Catholic Match with a potential match before giving out your phone number or email address? What is usually the standard? I like to get to know someone first for awhile before giving out that information. To me information is a little too personal to give out right away. What does everyone else think?

Thanks,
Melissa

--hide--

if there is an attraction and no red flags then talk on the phone as soon as possible, and meet as soon as possible after you've begun talking. emailing back and forth distorts reality as each person creates a mental image of the other. as my sri lankan houseboy mohan would have said VERY BAD THIS! if you email so long that you actually have to negotiate when to speak, the relationship is doomed.

11/22/2012 new
Hi Melissa , get to know the person on CM first , that's why you pay for the service to be able to communicate via the site. Once you feel comfortable and you get to know the person perhaps you can exchange numbers . However my advise to you Do not rush into giving out your personal information on this site or any other site . I am giving you professional advise due to my line of work. Just be careful.
11/22/2012 new

Thanks for the Lorraine. I have been communicating with a guy I met on this site for a couple of days now and he wants to exchange phone numbers, etc already. I would rather wait a bit to get to know him more and he seems ok with it. I will definitely be careful though.

11/22/2012 new
You sound like a well grounded girl , you are on the right track , that is also a good indication that he is ok with the fact that you rather wait to give out your information. I wish you lots of luck ,hopefully you will find a nice guy on this site. Again just be careful Melissa . Write to me if you ever need to talk or need advise .
11/22/2012 new

Thanks Lorraine! I will be careful. I may take you up on the asking for advise part. smile

11/22/2012 new
I profoundly agree with the direction Lorraine us taking, but how well would personalize a strong bond with someone if obstructing to the small steps that entails.

We are here on CM, which itself is a bit risky.

Pray God for guidance and protection, and your concerns will be answered.
11/22/2012 new

just be careful and go by your first instinct .. Good luck to you!

11/22/2012 new

(Quote) Melissa-521920 said: Thanks for the Lorraine. I have been communicating with a guy I met on this site for a couple o...
(Quote) Melissa-521920 said:

Thanks for the Lorraine. I have been communicating with a guy I met on this site for a couple of days now and he wants to exchange phone numbers, etc already. I would rather wait a bit to get to know him more and he seems ok with it. I will definitely be careful though.

--hide--

put it off long enough and you'll never have to speak with or meet him. i'm starting tothink that's the whole goal here. find reasons to avoid getting involved.

Posts 1 - 10 of 14