Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

11/22/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually, I agree with you! I'm not interested in viewing profiles of men in their 30&#...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Actually, I agree with you! I'm not interested in viewing profiles of men in their 30's or 40's. I'm not interested in being somebody's mother, although when someone did ask me for advice, I did offer it. I think an appropriate age for me would be 55-65 - (57-63 would likely be even better). Truly why would any guy in his 30's or 40's be looking at a profile of a woman who is 61!

--hide--

Don't forget Trish, men can be gold diggers too.

11/22/2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Don't forget Trish, men can be gold diggers too.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Don't forget Trish, men can be gold diggers too.

--hide--
So the minors are all miners?

11/22/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: So the minors are all miners?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

So the minors are all miners?

--hide--
Like the old saying goes, "What good for the goose is good for the gander."

Not necessarily! But men are no less or more venal then women. As Trish noted, some might just be looking for a mother.

My daughter once dated a guy whose mother lived near my wife and I. She was married to a guy 30 years her junior. They appeared to be a happy couple.

I could be interested in women as much as 20 years younger. But she would have to be pretty special. Anyone younger starts to be too much like my own kids. For me, one of the positives of that is that the chances are pretty good that I will shuffle off this mortal life before she does. I think it would be pretty hard to lose another one.

There is also the problem of interests when the age gap gets bigger. For example, I have had more than my share of sleeping on the cold ground in a sleeping bag. Even did it with just a poncho wrapped around me on the frozen ground in my army days. That is a little on the overrated side for most of us my age. laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

11/23/2012 new

I have read through this entire thread before commenting. There was very recently another thread called "age differences" which might be useful to review.

1 Being viewed does not denote interest, simply curiosity. Bear in mind, Patricia, you start and participate in a lot of threads. Sometimes what you post will generate an interest to know more about the poster. Reading the profile can give clues about where the poster is coming from (not geographical). For this reason, I have viewed profiles of both men and women. It is also somewhat of a learning experience to see what different persons say about themselves.

2 Patricia, I don't think someone "77" is really old enough to be your father, and certainly not your grandfather.

3 Though you and many others are caught up in age spreads that seem culturally safer, not all women agree with you.

4 Donna, the 50% rule is not in effect. About a month ago I messaged a women of 22, to offer praise, encouragement, and prayers. I received a reply of gratitude. I would be upset with CM if I could not communicate with anyone I choose on the site.

Remember when you are viewed, it does not mean the viewer is interested in you romantically, it simply means he is curious about who you are. He may admire you for your posts or he may take exception to some of your posts. As a poster, you are, in a way, elevated to a certain celebrity status on CM Bow and therefore should expect to be viewed by many. clap So, I would suggest, to not take it as a threat, but as a sign of popularity and not necessarily from our dating public but from our Catholic community.

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: I have read through this entire thread before commenting. There was very recently another thread c...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

I have read through this entire thread before commenting. There was very recently another thread called "age differences" which might be useful to review.

1 Being viewed does not denote interest, simply curiosity. Bear in mind, Patricia, you start and participate in a lot of threads. Sometimes what you post will generate an interest to know more about the poster. Reading the profile can give clues about where the poster is coming from (not geographical). For this reason, I have viewed profiles of both men and women. It is also somewhat of a learning experience to see what different persons say about themselves.

2 Patricia, I don't think someone "77" is really old enough to be your father, and certainly not your grandfather.

3 Though you and many others are caught up in age spreads that seem culturally safer, not all women agree with you.

4 Donna, the 50% rule is not in effect. About a month ago I messaged a women of 22, to offer praise, encouragement, and prayers. I received a reply of gratitude. I would be upset with CM if I could not communicate with anyone I choose on the site.

Remember when you are viewed, it does not mean the viewer is interested in you romantically, it simply means he is curious about who you are. He may admire you for your posts or he may take exception to some of your posts. As a poster, you are, in a way, elevated to a certain celebrity status on CM and therefore should expect to be viewed by many. So, I would suggest, to not take it as a threat, but as a sign of popularity and not necessarily from our dating public but from our Catholic community.

--hide--

Well said, John.

- Elizabeth

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: I have read through this entire thread before commenting. There was very recently another thread c...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

Remember when you are viewed, it does not mean the viewer is interested in you romantically, it simply means he is curious about who you are. He may admire you for your posts or he may take exception to some of your posts. As a poster, you are, in a way, elevated to a certain celebrity status on CM and therefore should expect to be viewed by many. So, I would suggest, to not take it as a threat, but as a sign of popularity and not necessarily from our dating public but from our Catholic community.

--hide--

Hi John, I agree with your analysis that on line dating is not for the faint of heart. My last message to exchange emails was from a handsome, well traveled, excessively fit, educated male who happens to be 33 years old. I have had many men from the ages of 25 to infinity view my profile, and regrettably, however none were appropriate for me. I suppose if you enroll in an online dating site, those kinds of disparities in ages can occur, especially when he finds you appealing, and unless he included an inappropriate message you have nothing to fear. Finally CM doesn't contain any language prohibiting members from viewing a lovely accomplished women even if there's no chance for a match. I suppose with anything involving having to display your physical appearance on an on line site, certainly does have it's disadvantages. Finally ladies, I don't believe Jerry was intentionally labeling you histrionic, perhaps he was merely channeling Freud this evening. You needn't worry Patricia a lovely, accomplished woman such as yourself will have plenty more appropriate suitors in her age range browsing her profile.

God Bless and best wishes,

Sheila rose wave

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Hi John, I agree with your analysis that on line dating is not for the faint of heart. ...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Hi John, I agree with your analysis that on line dating is not for the faint of heart. My last message to exchange emails was from a handsome, well traveled, excessively fit, educated male who happens to be 33 years old. I have had many men from the ages of 25 to infinity view my profile, and regrettably, however none were appropriate for me. I suppose if you enroll in an online dating site, those kinds of disparities in ages can occur, especially when he finds you appealing, and unless he included an inappropriate message you have nothing to fear. Finally CM doesn't contain any language prohibiting members from viewing a lovely accomplished women even if there's no chance for a match. I suppose with anything involving having to display your physical appearance on an on line site, certainly does have it's disadvantages. Finally ladies, I don't believe Jerry was intentionally labeling you histrionic, perhaps he was merely channeling Freud this evening. You needn't worry Patricia a lovely, accomplished woman such as yourself will have plenty more appropriate suitors in her age range browsing her profile.

Sheila

--hide--

I appreciate your kind words, Sheila, but I really don't think it's a good idea to make excuses for Jerry saying "What's the need for histrionics". I went back to reread his comment, and I find it utterly indefensable and inexcusable. And, I do take exception to it. I also do notice that he has not bothered to address any of my comments or other women's comments regarding this commentary of his.

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Hi John, I agree with your analysis that on line dating is not for the faint of heart. ...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Sheila

--hide--

Thank you, Sheila.

I can see why many have viewed you. But since I cannot compete with the 33 yr old you described, I will refrain from casting my net in your direction. sad

Be well. thumbsup Be holy Praying Be happy biggrin

John

theheart

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Is there an age difference - 15 or 20 years in which neither a woman or man can initiate corres...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Is there an age difference - 15 or 20 years in which neither a woman or man can initiate correspondence with the other? (I seem to have seen reference to this in the forums). Also, is there an age difference in which someone cannot view the other's profiles? I ask this because I am getting viewed by really inappropriate age men lately (77-78) and it is starting to "creep" me out to use the colloquial term. Is there any way to delete these or any other profile for that matter from the Viewed list so I don't have to continue to see these profiles for a couple days on my home page (until they get buried).

--hide--

I have to laugh because I get browsed by men your age a lot...and it too, tends to creep me out, I'm 50...but still...not happening!

11/23/2012 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: (Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Is there an age difference - 15 or 20 years...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

Quote:
Patricia-29176 said:

Is there an age difference - 15 or 20 years in which neither a woman or man can initiate correspondence with the other? (I seem to have seen reference to this in the forums). Also, is there an age difference in which someone cannot view the other's profiles? I ask this because I am getting viewed by really inappropriate age men lately (77-78) and it is starting to "creep" me out to use the colloquial term. Is there any way to delete these or any other profile for that matter from the Viewed list so I don't have to continue to see these profiles for a couple days on my home page (until they get buried).

I have to laugh because I get browsed by men your age a lot...and it too, tends to creep me out, I'm 50...but still...not happening!

--hide--

I am browsed by young and old and I am contacted by the same. I thought they removed some of those rules recently and I can no longer figure out what they are but I guess the 50% rule is what they are..

Posts 31 - 40 of 49