Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Cherie-872998 said: Day 22, Thurdsay November 22, Luminous Mysteries
(Quote) Cherie-872998 said:

Day 22, Thurdsay November 22, Luminous Mysteries

--hide--
Praying rosary theheart

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Cherie-872998 said: Day 22, Thurdsay November 22, Luminous Mysteries

Day 22, Thurdsay November 22, Luminous Mysteries

--hide--

The wedding in Cana is the first moment when Jesus performs a public miracle – an act of power that makes people start asking the crucial question: “Who is this man?” Mary is there with him, with her discreet and serene presence. When the wine runs short, she approaches Jesus with an implicit request that she knows will have tremendous consequences: “They have no wine.” Mary knows that if he works this miracle now, their hidden life together will never be the same, that he will leave Nazareth and begin his public ministry. It is a sacrificial request inspired by the Holy Spirit, and Jesus acts on it because he perceives the Father’s will behind her words. In fact, his hour has come. He works the miracle, and the great mystery of his identity begins to attract attention. In our lives too, there are moments when other people with their needs and requests are actually the voice of God speaking to us, asking us to take a step that perhaps we know will have big consequences. Perhaps the timing is inconvenient, or we would rather not get involved. But that inconvenient request could be God’s way of imploring us to step into an important mission in his plan. In this mystery, Mary can gain us the grace to “do whatever He tells you.”

(from regnumchristi.org)

Dear Lord, may we always do whatever you tell us!

Happy thanksgiving everyone. We all have much to be thankful for.

rosary

Nov 22nd 2012 new

Thankyou David

Happy Thanksgiving To You All! hug

Praying rosary theheart violin rose

Nov 22nd 2012 new

David,

Thanks so much for this meditation - especially the "inconvenient" portion - as that really spoke to me in a big way.
Allowing ourselves to "do whatever he tells you" will, often times, involve sacrificing something small but significant
in order to attain His highest good for us. Thanks for the reminder! Indeed, we have much to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am thrilled to be persevering here in this prayer group!

Lois wave rosary theheart Praying

Nov 22nd 2012 new
Struggling the past few days with the Novena, but now I think I am back on track...

Praying Praying rosary

Happy Thanksgiving !
Nov 22nd 2012 new

Day 23, Friday November 23, Sorrowful Mysteries

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Sue-501768 said: Struggling the past few days with the Novena, but now I think I am back on track... Happy...
(Quote) Sue-501768 said: Struggling the past few days with the Novena, but now I think I am back on track...

Happy Thanksgiving !
--hide--

I have been struggling too. But I just keep going, even if I am not doing it perfectly. The most important thing is to just NOT GIVE UP!!!

hug Praying rosary theheart

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! theheart theheart

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Amy-56598 said: I have been struggling too. But I just keep going, even if I am not doing it perfectly. The...
(Quote) Amy-56598 said:

I have been struggling too. But I just keep going, even if I am not doing it perfectly. The most important thing is to just NOT GIVE UP!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

--hide--

Yes, DON'T give up. Do the best you can, but DO it. God doesn't call us ot be successful or perfect; God calls us to be faithful.

Even if the experience doesn't seem enriching, saying the Rosary when we don't particularly want to has benefits none the less because saing it is a sacrifice. Some good still comes from it. Remember: we can get tanned evenon a cloudy day.

Best to find a routine time/place to say it. Try to do it as early as possible in the day. Putting it off until bedtimemeans that some days it's not said.

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cherie-872998 said: Day 23, Friday November 23, Sorrowful Mysteries

Day 23, Friday November 23, Sorrowful Mysteries

--hide--

Matthew 27:31, Luke 23:26. When the soldiers had finished mocking Him, ... they led him away to crucify Him. On the way they laid hold of a certain Simon of Cyrene, coming from the country, and upon him they laid the cross to bear it after Jesus.

Catechism of the Catholic Church: #618

Reflection: In our churches, we mark fourteen stations in sequence along the way of the cross. Each station has its own particular story, with specific people who were destined from all eternity to encounter Christ along that dusty road, in the midst of the confusion, noise, and heat of a Jerusalem day. Mary, Veronica, Simon, the Roman soldiers, the rubberneckers among the crowds… they were all given a privileged glimpse into the Savior’s great work of redemption. Some saw nothing more than a surface appearance: here was just another unfortunate criminal getting what he deserved. But some, like Simon of Cyrene, grew into a deeper understanding of this man because they were enlisted to walk beside him and help him. This story plays itself out in our times too. Christ lives in other people, and different versions of the fourteen stations unfold in the lives of the people around us—even in our own lives. At times, we have the experience of observing from the outside, making a snap judgment, and moving on – like the indifferent observers in the crowds who had other, more important things to do that day. But sometimes life brings us closer to a suffering person because we are asked to listen and help. And only when we listen do we find a new sympathy and understanding growing in our own hearts. Today’s Simons of Cyrene are the people who stop to listen. In this mystery, we can ask for the grace not to miss the chance to help the Christ “in disguise” who is walking his fourteen stations right by our door or on the other end of the phone.

- from regnumchristi.org

rosary

Nov 23rd 2012 new

Praying rosary theheart

Posts 91 - 100 of 200