Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Flight

11/23/2012 new
The movie Flight is

- Practically an advertisement for Alcoholics Anonymous

- In the tradition of Flannery OConnor, if Flannery OConnor were a Calvinist

- Chock full of religious and spiritual imagery

- A classic American tale of redemption and renewal

- A chance to see Denzel Washington (what is he, 60?) sleep with two substantially younger women

Did anybody else see it? Or are you all the type of people who wait for movies to come out on video? rolling eyes
11/25/2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: The movie Flight is - Practically an advertisement for Alcoholics Anonymous - I...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: The movie Flight is

- Practically an advertisement for Alcoholics Anonymous

- In the tradition of Flannery OConnor, if Flannery OConnor were a Calvinist

- Chock full of religious and spiritual imagery

- A classic American tale of redemption and renewal

- A chance to see Denzel Washington (what is he, 60?) sleep with two substantially younger women

Did anybody else see it? Or are you all the type of people who wait for movies to come out on video?
--hide--
Did see it Cathy. And although there were scenes which could/should have been edited out; I thought the movie was thought provoking and indeed contained the elements of redemption and renewal. I have always thought Mr Washington to be an above-average actor~

11/26/2012 new

It's an R-rated movie, for sure. There is a long scene involving nudity at the beginning. Which didn't bother me that much, but it might bother some people. What I did find difficult to watch was the drug use. Felt some revulsion there, especially when the girl was shooting up heroin.

It's not a great movie, but it's somewhat interesting, and it's not often that you see so many upfront religious themes in movies.

11/26/2012 new

I am a retired Alcohol Counselor and Danzel's portrayal of a man hanging on by a thread due to his drinking and drugging is very dramatic and which has caused many losses within his family. I thought this was a good movie and I would definitely use it in a treatment group b/c the hardest part is finding the strength to fall down and get up one more time. Substance abuse is not a gentle sight and needs to be seen by those that are old enough to drink and or drug...and I do not mean 21 years old. By then it can be too late. The ending is positive showing how the power of the many give you courage, support and love you never knew you had. Substance abuse is a killer, don't let it get someone you love! jan

Posts 1 - 4 of 4