Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Karin-903829 said: Does anyone have any recommended reading for Catholic dating? Audio books preferrably ;)H...
(Quote) Karin-903829 said:

Does anyone have any recommended reading for Catholic dating? Audio books preferrably ;)

Happy Week everybody!

--hide--

Hi Karin,
I did a brief search for Catholic dating audio books and I couldn't find anything. Granted my search was brief. I also wanted to confirm that the book How to get to 'I do'..... is most definitely a Catholic dating guide. I recently received it in the mail and the author provides good practical advice and guidance.

Dec 22nd 2012 new

A friend of mine recommended "Would You Date You?" It was very insightful. Give it a try.

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Marissa-874427 said: A friend of mine recommended "Would You Date You?" It was very insightful. Give it a ...
(Quote) Marissa-874427 said:

A friend of mine recommended "Would You Date You?" It was very insightful. Give it a try.

--hide--

That sounds insightful. Sometimes I wonder if I would.

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-606631 said: Hi Karin,I did a brief search for Catholic dating audio books and I couldn't find...
(Quote) Jenny-606631 said:

Hi Karin,
I did a brief search for Catholic dating audio books and I couldn't find anything. Granted my search was brief. I also wanted to confirm that the book How to get to 'I do'..... is most definitely a Catholic dating guide. I recently received it in the mail and the author provides good practical advice and guidance.

--hide--

Definitely Theology of the Body books..

Check here http://www.christopherwest.com

Someone just mentioned "the Five Love Languages" I never read it but am now curious.

Good topic .. Just need to read all those books I have been wanting to read ! wink

Kathleen

Feb 13th 2013 new

I just read Please God Send Me a Soulmate by Rose Sweet. It talks about using Biblical principles for finding a mate. Rose is Catholic but the book is not overtly Catholic. I found Boundaries in Dating by Cloud & Townsend helpful--again, Christian principles. Books by other Christian authors like Neil Clark Warren, Gary Chapman & others can be helpful because they are written from a Christian perspective. If you want something distinctively Catholic, then I think some people here have suggested good resources.

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: That sounds insightful. Sometimes I wonder if I would.
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

That sounds insightful. Sometimes I wonder if I would.

--hide--

It does put an interesting spin on things, doesn't it Marita?!?! scratchchin Chelle

Feb 15th 2013 new

The Five Love Languages book is helpful for any kind of relationship & there is a version out there for singles.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: The ABC's of Choosing A Good Husband by Stephan Wood
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

The ABC's of Choosing A Good Husband by Stephan Wood

--hide--

I find Stephan Wood's books to be appropriate, to an extent, if you are in your 20's, but I cannot say the Wife version was good for me at my age. . .

Feb 15th 2013 new
You may want to read "Women of Mystery" by Hayley De marco. It is not quite a dating book but looks into pertinent areas in the making of a good wife and mother and daughter of our Lord. You could check out http://www.catholic. com for books ( audio versions as well). How to find your soulmate without losing your soul by Jason and Crystalina Evert and books by Joshua Harris all good guides in Christian dating and courtship.
Feb 15th 2013 new

Most of my friends I know told me that they tried online dating and they either weren't ready or met people who lied about themselves. I read How to Get to "I Do", by Amy Bonaccorso and her Do's and Don'ts were very reassuring that I signed up for CM soon after. She also recommended Avemariasingles. That is going out of business soon. I'm so glad I did, because not only have I gone on a date in the first month I signed up, but I am reading great articles and making friends with other Catholics that I normally couldn't in the place where I live. Thank you for all of your suggestions for books and God bless you on your journey!

Posts 11 - 20 of 34