Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Patricia 29176 started a thread with the following question:

What is the Most Important Quality in a Woman? Men had to choose 1 answer out of the following 5:

1) Hotness
2) Sense of humor
3) A good heart
4) Dependability
5) Intelligence

My question for the CM men is how do you determine from a woman's CM Profile that a woman has the Most Important Quality for which you are looking? scratchchin A follow up to that question is what do you do after you have made that determination? Ladies I'd also like to hear how you think CM men make that determination and what they do with that information.

Seriousness is not required but would make the thread interesting. duck

- Elizabeth

11/24/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Patricia 29176 started a thread with the following question: Wh...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Patricia 29176 started a thread with the following question:

What is the Most Important Quality in a Woman? Men had to choose 1 answer out of the following 5:

1) Hotness
2) Sense of humor
3) A good heart
4) Dependability
5) Intelligence

My question for the CM men is how do you determine from a woman's CM Profile that a woman has the Most Important Quality for which you are looking? A follow up to that question is what do you do after you have made that determination? Ladies I'd also like to hear how you think CM men make that determination and what they do with that information.

Seriousness is not required but would make the thread interesting.

- Elizabeth

--hide--
Assuming that the profile will be the only basis, my answer is determination can not be made with full certainty. Let's face it, while honesty is highly encouraged and ideally a sine qua non for Catholics, the main reason for writing the profile is to make ourselves more appealing to others. At the end of the day, the ultimate goal is to make one's self noticeable and thus increase the likelihood of metting "The One."

Knowing the woman on a personal level is the best way to determine that she has the most important quality I am looking for. All others provide only assumptions.

11/24/2012 new

Hello Elizabeth,

If the five were all I would have to go with it would be number 3. A good heart. That would cover the rest for me. Also the ability to see any issue from all sides. We live in a very polarized society in which we try to make everything (including religion) certain. We are very closed off to dialogue and looking for the truth of things. That's one (of the many) reasons why I like Catholicism--we have mysteries, which show that God refuses to be put into a box. A woman with a good heart would be a woman who is open minded through life experience, knows both failure and success, is curious and inquisitive, and believes that religion is practiced everywhere. All these things say to me that a woman has a good heart.

11/24/2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Assuming that the profile will be the only basis, my answer is
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Assuming that the profile will be the only basis, my answer is determination can not be made with full certainty. Let's face it, while honesty is highly encouraged and ideally a sine qua non for Catholics, the main reason for writing the profile is to make ourselves more appealing to others. At the end of the day, the ultimate goal is to make one's self noticeable and thus increase the likelihood of metting "The One."

Knowing the woman on a personal level is the best way to determine that she has the most important quality I am looking for. All others provide only assumptions.

--hide--

Thank you for your post, Kahirup. wave Realizing you can't make a "determination with full certainty" from the profile, what in the profile helps you determine if the woman has the quality you are looking for? If the profile doesn't assist you, then it seems to me that the only option if to contact each woman within the age group within which you are looking or sitting back and hoping "Miss Right" contacts you.

Just asking. stir the pot! Its getting cold! Something has to spark an interest. boggled

- Elizabeth

11/24/2012 new

(Quote) David-820720 said: Hello Elizabeth,If the five were all I would have to go with it would be number 3. A ...
(Quote) David-820720 said:

Hello Elizabeth,

If the five were all I would have to go with it would be number 3. A good heart. That would cover the rest for me. Also the ability to see any issue from all sides. We live in a very polarized society in which we try to make everything (including religion) certain. We are very closed off to dialogue and looking for the truth of things. That's one (of the many) reasons why I like Catholicism--we have mysteries, which show that God refuses to be put into a box. A woman with a good heart would be a woman who is open minded through life experience, knows both failure and success, is curious and inquisitive, and believes that religion is practiced everywhere. All these things say to me that a woman has a good heart.

--hide--

Thank you for joining in, David. wave Interesting discussion. I was wondering...how would you be able to pick out the women with the "good hearts" from their CM profiles? Then, what do you do when you find them? scratchchin

- Elizabeth

11/24/2012 new

David, you ought to check out Patricia's thread on the Glamour magazine's poll on this issue. Very interesting answers. Thanks for joining in.

- Elizabeth

11/24/2012 new

[quote]Elizabeth-462557 said:

Thank you for joining in, David. Interesting discussion. I was wondering...how would you be able to pick out the women with the "good hearts" from their CM profiles? Then, what do you do when you find them?

- Elizabeth

Mostly subtle nuances. I take into account their age, hobbies, politcal persuasion, and what they answer on the 7/7 questions of faith. I'm not entirely turned off if they select, "I don't agree with the teaching." To be frank, someone who is conservative, is close to their family, was educated in a parochial school, and never questioned their faith, (remember, Jesus doubted in the garden of Gethsemane) suggests to me a kind of sheltered lifestyle. Not that these are bad qualities, however. Nor do I equate sheltered with Paris Hilton/spoiled brat. What I mean is that it all just indicates that they are a tad inexperienced with life. This isn't bad, either--we were all there once and there's room for growth. It just turns me off when a woman won't step down from they're safety zone and be willing to see life from different perspectives--this is one of the key ingredients in the recipe of having a good heart.

12/28/2012 new

The photos.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8