Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Life Guardian Foundation

11/24/2012 new

lifeguardianfoundation.org

Even my storngly pro-life family was largely unaware of the Life Guardian Foundation and its positions until last year. They have convinced me to decline organ donor status on my driver's license and seek physicians recommended by the Catholic Medical Association. Other pro-life groups have expressed similar concerns about living wills and certain vaccines. I would be interested in hearing the results of any research by other CatholicMatch members on these topics.

11/25/2012 new

(Quote) Jim-826315 said: lifeguardianfoundation.org Even my storngly pro-life family was largely...
(Quote) Jim-826315 said:

Even my storngly pro-life family was largely unaware of the Life Guardian Foundation and its positions until last year. They have convinced me to decline organ donor status on my driver's license and seek physicians recommended by the Catholic Medical Association. Other pro-life groups have expressed similar concerns about living wills and certain vaccines. I would be interested in hearing the results of any research by other CatholicMatch members on these topics.

--hide--

I wonder if this is true in every state regarding driver licenses?

11/25/2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I wonder if this is true in every state regarding driver licenses?
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I wonder if this is true in every state regarding driver licenses?

--hide--

For the most part it is an opt-in system, or is supposed to be. I removed my designation after hearing Dr. Paul Byrne years ago in Ohio.

There was some talk about making it an opt-out in New York. There you would be automatically presumed to be an organ donor unless you directly said you didn't want to be.

11/25/2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: For the most part it is an opt-in system, or is supposed to be. I removed my designatio...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

For the most part it is an opt-in system, or is supposed to be. I removed my designation after hearing Dr. Paul Byrne years ago in Ohio.

There was some talk about making it an opt-out in New York. There you would be automatically presumed to be an organ donor unless you directly said you didn't want to be.

--hide--

The reference Jim gave suggests that doctors and hospitals do what they want.

11/26/2012 new

I removed my designation after hearing Dr. Paul Byrne speak in Pennsylvania in 2011. I showed some of the Life Guardian materials to my parents and they briefly debated the issue. As far as I know, the rest of my family still has the organ donor designation.

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: For the most part it is an opt-in system, or is supposed to be. I removed my designation after h...

--hide--

11/26/2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: The reference Jim gave suggests that doctors and hospitals do what they want.
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

The reference Jim gave suggests that doctors and hospitals do what they want.

--hide--

Sadly, they are often doing just that.

11/27/2012 new

(Quote) Jim-826315 said: lifeguardianfoundation.org my storngly pro-life family was largely ...
(Quote) Jim-826315 said:

--hide--

I don't know...if we are that bad that they don't know whether we are dead or not, does it matter if they pull the plug at this point? I'm an organ donor so just asking.

11/27/2012 new

I am not a medical professional or expert. All I can suggest is that you study the information, inform your closest relatives and make informed decisions.

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I don't know...if we are that bad that they don't know whether we are dead or not, d...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I don't know...if we are that bad that they don't know whether we are dead or not, does it matter if they pull the plug at this point? I'm an organ donor so just asking.

--hide--

11/27/2012 new

With all of the immorality in the world today, blind faith in doctors and hospitals seems pretty foolish to me.

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Sadly, they are often doing just that.

Sadly, they are often doing just that.

--hide--

Posts 1 - 9 of 9