Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

11/19/2012 new

I sure like a strong, quiet type. Shy, yet confident...does that make sense? The word strong in this case has nothing to do with his physical ability but everything to do with his ability to be steadfast with the moral compass and live and lead accordingly. Overweight is cute, hairy is cute, bald is cute, many many shapes and sizes are cute to me....but the overriding quality for me, I think, is strong & quiet.

11/19/2012 new
Used to be the dark, long hair, hairy, motorcycle type guy. Now it's the geeky guys especially with glasses. Something about being able to "hack" something is kind of exciting. Not that I condone it. Just the thought that it could be done...and his restraint from doing it because it is wrong is thrilling. I think nerds are the new bad boy!

Bald is sexy, but so is clean cut, and that ready for a hair cut look, or a little 5 o'clock shadow.

Big guys look more cuddly. I like to cook, so if they love to eat, that is great!

Oh! And not dirty as in lives on the street. But a clean guy that happens to be working on something and gets a dirty and sweaty... like a car, chopping wood (I don't even have a fireplace!), etc...

Hunters in all of their hunting gear. I do not hunt. I do not ever want to hunt. I am not an outdoor kind of gal. So it is a weird thing for me to be attracted to that. I guess it is the idea of being able to always "feed the family".
11/19/2012 new
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: I'm with Corinna, I'm down with hairy men.......er, wait. I meant, I'm with Amber's senti...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

I'm with Corinna, I'm down with hairy men.......er, wait. I meant, I'm with Amber's sentiment that overweight can be sexy. I'm a huge fan of curves on a woman and sometimes those curves are found on overweight women because they're overweight and I'm here to tell you that it doesn't bother me one iota. I do like some "junk in the trunk" and am totally turned on by some wiggle and jiggle in said region. Hopefully I'm not being too descriptive. Another thing is dressing goth, now I'm not for the over the top type thing, but say a woman lightens up her skin a tad with some powder or wears burgundy lipstick or darkens up the eyes a tad. Don't ask me why, but it gets me and catches my attention and yes, I know I need to seek help.

--hide--

Dan, I always laugh out loud when I read some of your responses!
11/21/2012 new

Really interesting question. I agree with some of the other guys: Librarian glasses are sexy to me, for some reason. I also like curves.

I like long hair on a woman, but some women look very attractive in shorter hair.

11/25/2012 new

I like when a woman snorts when she laughs. At least I know that the laughter is genuine and she's truly enjoying herself. It also shows that she feels comfortable enough around you to let this out. I also snort at times when I guffaw and this generates even more laughter between the two of us.

11/25/2012 new

(Quote) David-820720 said: I like when a woman snorts when she laughs. At least I know that the laughter is genuine and she&...
(Quote) David-820720 said:

I like when a woman snorts when she laughs. At least I know that the laughter is genuine and she's truly enjoying herself. It also shows that she feels comfortable enough around you to let this out. I also snort at times when I guffaw and this generates even more laughter between the two of us.

--hide--
Oh yes! Women that comfortable in their own skin is a rare find.

11/25/2012 new

[quote]Pamela-791563 said:

I sure like a strong, quiet type. Shy, yet confident...does that make sense? The word strong in this case has nothing to do with his physical ability but everything to do with his ability to be steadfast with the moral compass and live and lead accordingly. Overweight is cute, hairy is cute, bald is cute, many many shapes and sizes are cute to me....but the overriding quality for me, I think, is strong & quiet.

I at times joke with my friends who are sans body hair by saying, "Just you wait; in another few years or so hairy will be cool." Overweight is also a politically loaded word in this culture. I lift weights, run, hike, and do tai chi. According to the BMI (invented by none other than insurance companies) I'm 20 lbs overweight. I'm supposed to be 185 but I think I look great and feel fine--I'm more active than most men my age. You're right about a moral compass, though. I look for the same thing in women.

11/25/2012 new

I hate women who wear too much make up and ones that wear tattos.I think it makes them look cheap.

11/25/2012 new

[quote]Brian-252799 said:

I hate women who wear too much make up and ones that wear tattos.I think it makes them look cheap.

It all depends on how much make-up is too much. It's been my experience that southern women wear more make up that ones here NH (note: this is only a blanket statement based on my experience). Distasteful is in the eye of the beholder but I hear what you're saying, Brian. Too much is a bad thing and it tends to cover up their natural beauty.

Posts 11 - 19 of 19