Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: I have to laugh because I get browsed by men your age a lot...and it too, tends to cree...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

I have to laugh because I get browsed by men your age a lot...and it too, tends to creep me out, I'm 50...but still...not happening!

--hide--

Yes, Jacqueline, I really think the best rule of thumb is plus or minus 5 years which for me would be 56-66 (although I think I would be okay with a few years younger than that actually, and I have found some men age 65-66 to be way too old for me in one aspect or another!

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Yes, Jacqueline, I really think the best rule of thumb is plus or minus 5 years which f...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Yes, Jacqueline, I really think the best rule of thumb is plus or minus 5 years which for me would be 56-66 (although I think I would be okay with a few years younger than that actually, and I have found some men age 65-66 to be way too old for me in one aspect or another!

--hide--

I feel humbled and flattered by any man that finds my profile compelling enough to view, provided it's not accompanied by a suggestive note. I am just a women, not a Queen or Empress that only the select men in my arbitrary age range may view my extraordinary profile. wink Truthfully at 52 years old, I am forever grateful to still catch the eye of any honorable man, even if we don't possess the criteria for a match. Human beings are visual in nature, therefore their eye catches what draws attention to them. I think the truly disturbing time arrives is when you have no views at all. BTW I have made a few wonderful platonic friends on CM, who have provided me with invaluable comfort, and advice from a man's perspective for which I am infinitely grateful. I am truly relieved I didn't ignore these wonderful admirers.

Just my two cents rose Praying wave

Sheila

Nov 23rd 2012 new
(Quote) John-857142 said: I have read through this entire thread before commenting. There was very recently another thread called "a...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

I have read through this entire thread before commenting. There was very recently another thread called "age differences" which might be useful to review.

1 Being viewed does not denote interest, simply curiosity. Bear in mind, Patricia, you start and participate in a lot of threads. Sometimes what you post will generate an interest to know more about the poster. Reading the profile can give clues about where the poster is coming from (not geographical). For this reason, I have viewed profiles of both men and women. It is also somewhat of a learning experience to see what different persons say about themselves.

2 Patricia, I don't think someone "77" is really old enough to be your father, and certainly not your grandfather.

3 Though you and many others are caught up in age spreads that seem culturally safer, not all women agree with you.

4 Donna, the 50% rule is not in effect. About a month ago I messaged a women of 22, to offer praise, encouragement, and prayers. I received a reply of gratitude. I would be upset with CM if I could not communicate with anyone I choose on the site.

Remember when you are viewed, it does not mean the viewer is interested in you romantically, it simply means he is curious about who you are. He may admire you for your posts or he may take exception to some of your posts. As a poster, you are, in a way, elevated to a certain celebrity status on CM and therefore should expect to be viewed by many. So, I would suggest, to not take it as a threat, but as a sign of popularity and not necessarily from our dating public but from our Catholic community.

--hide--

I agree with you, John. You raise many valid points about the social venue of CM, especially in the fora. We all can learn quite a bit from one another, and provide support, encouragement and honest(but kind) feedback.

wink
Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: I have read through this entire thread before commenting. There was very recently another thread c...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

I have read through this entire thread before commenting. There was very recently another thread called "age differences" which might be useful to review.

1 Being viewed does not denote interest, simply curiosity. Bear in mind, Patricia, you start and participate in a lot of threads. Sometimes what you post will generate an interest to know more about the poster. Reading the profile can give clues about where the poster is coming from (not geographical). For this reason, I have viewed profiles of both men and women. It is also somewhat of a learning experience to see what different persons say about themselves.

2 Patricia, I don't think someone "77" is really old enough to be your father, and certainly not your grandfather.

3 Though you and many others are caught up in age spreads that seem culturally safer, not all women agree with you.

4 Donna, the 50% rule is not in effect. About a month ago I messaged a women of 22, to offer praise, encouragement, and prayers. I received a reply of gratitude. I would be upset with CM if I could not communicate with anyone I choose on the site.

Remember when you are viewed, it does not mean the viewer is interested in you romantically, it simply means he is curious about who you are. He may admire you for your posts or he may take exception to some of your posts. As a poster, you are, in a way, elevated to a certain celebrity status on CM and therefore should expect to be viewed by many. So, I would suggest, to not take it as a threat, but as a sign of popularity and not necessarily from our dating public but from our Catholic community.

--hide--

When the new communication system was implemented there was a 50% rule.. The last time I needed to send a Moderator note to a 20 something I was unable to do so.. There was no announcement made that it had been scrapped..

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) John-857142 said: I have read through this entire thread before com...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
John-857142 said:

When the new communication system was implemented there was a 50% rule.. The last time I needed to send a Moderator note to a 20 something I was unable to do so.. There was no announcement made that it had been scrapped..

--hide--

Donna,

You should be able to contact everyone. You should not have those rules. I thought the rule had been removed a while back due to my ability to write to someone (who I now cannot remember.) But I guess not...

Nov 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: When the new communication system was implemented there was a 50% rule.. The last tim...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

--hide--

So when was this rule implemented? My interchange ocurred on Sept 27.

Nov 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Yes, Jacqueline, I really think the best rule of thumb is plus or minus 5 years which f...

--hide--
Patricia, I am not surprised that some men just keep trying to "justify" their inapproiate actions.

Nov 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Is there an age difference - 15 or 20 years in which neither a woman or man can initiate corres...

Is there an age difference - 15 or 20 years in which neither a woman or man can initiate correspondence with the other? (I seem to have seen reference to this in the forums). Also, is there an age difference in which someone cannot view the other's profiles? I ask this because I am getting viewed by really inappropriate age men lately (77-78) and it is starting to "creep" me out to use the colloquial term. Is there any way to delete these or any other profile for that matter from the Viewed list so I don't have to continue to see these profiles for a couple days on my home page (until they get buried).

--hide--

Could it be that those men are just curious as to the lady who posts frequently or starts interesting (& controvertial) new threads?

I've looked at men's profiles for those reasons, and I'm sure some have done likewise. I don't think all we should limit ourselves to is he Matching System / Criteria.

Mari

Nov 26th 2012 new

I think this issue has been discussed, I am locking this one up.

Posts 41 - 49 of 49