Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Nov 14th 2012 new

praying for you & your son..

Nov 14th 2012 new
I will be praying for you and your son. Someone said your son is relying on electronic as an escape. This is true. Teenagers need a way to canalize their feelings especially he is a boy, sometimes they have a more difficult time to do that. Thank God he is doing it with electronics and not with something harmful to him or his body. Because it is so difficult for him that's why he tried to use the knife. It is a way of crying for help. It is a great idea you had him see professionals for this. I know you have had this talk with him about being open to talk about the topic whenever he feels the need. May be asking him what activity he would like to do with you as a way of both of you distracting yourself and reconnecting. It is okay to tell him later on the way you feel too. it is okay for him to know that he is not the only one hurting. Teenagers need adult to reassure them that they are loved and cared for by adults.

May God continue giving you the strength and wisdom needed to deal with this situation.
Nov 15th 2012 new

Praying

Nov 16th 2012 new

Praying hug

Nov 16th 2012 new

I know that the Blessed Mother is with you and comforting you. I will continue to pray. I was a single parent and I survived. Believe it or not things will get better. This too shall pass. Know that God loves your son even more than you do. hug

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Madonna-819886 said: I know that the Blessed Mother is with you and comforting you. I will continue to pray. I was a...
(Quote) Madonna-819886 said:

I know that the Blessed Mother is with you and comforting you. I will continue to pray. I was a single parent and I survived. Believe it or not things will get better. This too shall pass. Know that God loves your son even more than you do.

--hide--

One of the things I learned after my husband died was that children around the age of 10-14 process grief differently than adults. If there were problems before (anger, ocd, etc.) it intensifies with grief. They want to be normal, like everyone else and losing a parent makes them feel abnormal. It draws attention to them that they don't want. Obsession with electronics is a way of escaping. It is enough of a distraction that it helps block out the feelings and emotions. I have two teens. The way they handled grief was not the way I did. I often thought they didn't even care, yet they were just trying to be like their friends. They didn't even let anybody know their dad had died. My fear with the iPad would be having immediate access to ybe internet and undesirable information. At fourteen, my son has his phone fused to his hand. It is his cobnection to the world. It gives him status.

I know there are good doctors in this state that can help with counseling and treatment. And this is a powerful group of prayer warriors, so it is good you have our support. One thing that I think made a huge difference for my children was when I attended a Mom's In Touch prayer group. We met weekly to pray for our children, their teachers and their schools. At a year and a half, you are still early into your journey of grief. I can only imagine that having a child suffering as your's is adds so much sadness to an already exhausted parent. I know my kids did well because of the prayers from my friends. Hearing others pray aloud for my children helped me as much as them.

Praying hug

Take good care,
Kathy

Nov 20th 2012 new

Praying hug

Nov 20th 2012 new

I will keep you in my prayers.. just remember to take care of yourself. It's easy to blame ourselves and to grieve ourselves into a shadow of our former selves. I know how that can be. It is a heartbreak but a Mother's love and the Love of our Lord is what will carry you... I am so glad to hear he is in a place where he can receive help and keep safe and you as well. I hope they offered you supportive counseling as well... Mothers of children with mental illness need much love and care. I hope someone mentioned NAMI to you. It can help. take care, and God Bless, Mary

Nov 24th 2012 new

Praying hug theheart

Nov 26th 2012 new

Prayers for you and your son, Sue! Please let me ask you, is the treatment center making sure your son gets enough physical exercise?

Posts 31 - 40 of 53