Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Hi folks!

Anyone else going to the opening night showing of "The Hobbit?" I will not only be there, but I'm getting dressed up! You will find me in line in elf regalia- medieval dress, cloak, boots, and pointy little ears! laughing laughing laughing

Anyone else joining in the fun???

11/26/2012 new

I'm dressing up! I have tweed and a vest pattern, but I need to get moving sharpish. Luckily, I have very Hobbit-y hair. One of my housmates has been knitting a full circle cloak with the Tree of Gondor done in colorwork since October. I'm going at midnight!

11/26/2012 new

Bow Bow Bow

That. Is. Awesome. :)

11/26/2012 new

Yeah! Way to go! I am SO, SO, SO excited! I feel a "Lord of the Rings" marathon coming on! laughing laughing laughing laughing

11/27/2012 new

When I went to the movies with my family on Thanksgiving, I noticed that they were promoting a Lord of the Rings marathon before the first showing of the Hobbit movie. Presumably, you pay once and sit in the theatre all day long watching four very long movies. I just don't think I could sit in a theater that long! A marathon like that calls for a sofa, IMO.

11/27/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: When I went to the movies with my family on Thanksgiving, I noticed that they were promoting a Lo...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

When I went to the movies with my family on Thanksgiving, I noticed that they were promoting a Lord of the Rings marathon before the first showing of the Hobbit movie. Presumably, you pay once and sit in the theatre all day long watching four very long movies. I just don't think I could sit in a theater that long! A marathon like that calls for a sofa, IMO.

--hide--

HAHA! Yeah, I can't sit still that long! My marathon might take a few days... or all week or weeks!

11/29/2012 new

That sounds sooo awesome!! I wanna do that!!!! tongue

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-42689 said: That sounds sooo awesome!! I wanna do that!!!!
(Quote) Mary-42689 said:

That sounds sooo awesome!! I wanna do that!!!!

--hide--

You should! laughing

11/30/2012 new
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Hi folks! Anyone else going to the opening night showing of "The Hobbit?" I will n...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Hi folks!

Anyone else going to the opening night showing of "The Hobbit?" I will not only be there, but I'm getting dressed up! You will find me in line in elf regalia- medieval dress, cloak, boots, and pointy little ears!

Anyone else joining in the fun???

--hide--

I applaud you Nancy! If I lived nearby, I'd go with you! clap
11/30/2012 new

I would dress up, but I don't have any Middle-earth costumes and I don't think I can squeeze it in the budget right now.

I am, however, going to an early bird show on Saturday the 15th, at the Meadowbrook Mall Cinema. It's a good distance to my south, and there are closer theaters, but there is a Denny's restaurant nearby and they are having a Hobbit-themed menu as a tie-in with the movie. Second breakfast anyone???? Chicken???

Posts 1 - 10 of 19