Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Biggest dating regrets

Nov 27th 2012 new

I know we should always be thankful for our life experiences including our dating experiences both good and bad, but is there anything from your dating experience that you wish you could press the "rewind" or "delete" button ?

Would love to hear about your dating experiences and hopefully get some words of wisdom from my fellow CMers

I'll start. ... A few years ago, use to date a guy who lived in another country, I did not meet this guy through CM. I decided to make a visit to his city so that I could spend time with him( BIG MISTAKE...DELETE!!). He was so unwelcoming and distant, I was left totally bewildered because I had made the trip because he had invited me. My biggest regret would probably be I was too nice laughing laughing Seriously though I have always on some level regretted making that trip because this guy had never visited me in my home country first. I've since learnt that in a serious relationship if a couple lives some distance apart, a man is suppose to visit a woman a few times before she visits him. wink

Nov 27th 2012 new

scratchchin Well, there's no reverse gear in my engine, nor do I ever hit the rewind button. However, admittedly, there have been a few times where there was a delete button present, but, regrettably, I chose not to hit it at that time and paid the price for it later.

theheart

Nov 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Admittedly, there have been a few times where there was a delete button present, but, ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Admittedly, there have been a few times where there was a delete button present, but, regrettably, I chose not to hit it at that time and paid the price for it later.

--hide--

I know exactly what you mean duck

Nov 27th 2012 new

Goodness. After so many bad dating experiences, it'd probably be easier to talk about the good ones.

The worst one, was when I was young. I met a fellow in a bar and he was so persistant, I gave him my number (didn't think about just telling him to get lost). Anyhow, he called me and I told him I wasn't interested. He pestered me for a year and, finally, I thought my initial impression might be wrong. So I went out with him. Big mistake! Bizarre guy. He was very well off but we went to a used record store which I thought it was odd (yup. it was the 80s) He proceeded to steal some records and got away with it. Then I wanted to go home but he wouldn't take me (I hadn't taken my car-I was a dummy). I ended up getting home but it was very scary. I learned my lesson. I never ever went out on a date with a guy that I didn't know well without my own car. A hard lesson.

Nov 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Julie-909449 said: Goodness. After so many bad dating experiences, it'd probably be easier to talk about the goo...
(Quote) Julie-909449 said:

Goodness. After so many bad dating experiences, it'd probably be easier to talk about the good ones.

The worst one, was when I was young. I met a fellow in a bar and he was so persistant, I gave him my number (didn't think about just telling him to get lost). Anyhow, he called me and I told him I wasn't interested. He pestered me for a year and, finally, I thought my initial impression might be wrong. So I went out with him. Big mistake! Bizarre guy. He was very well off but we went to a used record store which I thought it was odd (yup. it was the 80s) He proceeded to steal some records and got away with it. Then I wanted to go home but he wouldn't take me (I hadn't taken my car-I was a dummy). I ended up getting home but it was very scary. I learned my lesson. I never ever went out on a date with a guy that I didn't know well without my own car. A hard lesson.

--hide--

Thanks for sharing Julie, it seems like you had a very close call. I think when we are young we tend to do crazy things maybe from inexperience, but as we grow older and mature, we have a better understanding of what we are looking for in a relationship and we should not settle for anything less than the best. rose

This guy that I spoke about earlier did apologise for his behavior, but I think it was a case of too little too late irked Some persons are only interested in the idea or fantasy of a relationship and not the real thing IMHO.

Nov 27th 2012 new

After talking to someone for six months, I traveled a long distance to meet him, and for someone who was very chatty on the phone, two hours a day basically for six months, he was absolutely silent with literally nothing to say to me, never looked me in the eye, and treated me like I had cooties.

I tried repeatedly to get him to tell me what was wrong, but he would not talk to me even then, and I told him after the Friday evening that we should cancel the rest of the weekend, but he kept insisting he would "pick me up" on Saturday. I finally consented, and we then spent Saturday together, on my hope that he somehow would get it together overnight, but no, interpersonally it was just torturous, because I literally had no idea who this sullen and frankly mean person was. At the end of Saturday I said that was it, that I was not spending Sunday with him too, I had given it my best try, and I stuck to it.

If he had said, hey I have some distracting issue, let me tell you, or hey, I am sorry I am just not attracted to you now that I see you IRL, or whatever, I would have been fine with that, but at least be friendly whatever it was, but no. Weird, weird and more weird.

It was literally the worst dating experience I ever had (and that is saying something after 39 years of dating!) I still don't know what his problem was. Very very strange.

Nov 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: After talking to someone for six months, I traveled a long distance to meet him, and for someone who ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

After talking to someone for six months, I traveled a long distance to meet him, and for someone who was very chatty on the phone, two hours a day basically for six months, he was absolutely silent with literally nothing to say to me, never looked me in the eye, and treated me like I had cooties.

If he had said, hey I have some distracting issue, let me tell you, or hey, I am sorry I am just not attracted to you now that I see you IRL, or whatever, I would have been fine with that, but at least be friendly whatever it was, but no. Weird, weird and more weird.

It was literally the worst dating experience I ever had (and that is saying something after 39 years of dating!) I still don't know what his problem was. Very very strange.

--hide--

Thanks for sharing Pat, the cooties laughing laughing laughing Direct communication is so important between a couple. Unfortunately, an online connection does not necessarily mean persons will always connect offline. scratchchin Yes I agree that seems like a very weird dating experience eyepopping

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Well, there's no reverse gear in my engine, nor do I ever hit the rewind button. Ho...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Well, there's no reverse gear in my engine, nor do I ever hit the rewind button. However, admittedly, there have been a few times where there was a delete button present, but, regrettably, I chose not to hit it at that time and paid the price for it later.

--hide--
So true

Nov 28th 2012 new

I could write a comic novella about my misadventures with online dating. Fortunately I have never had a bad (or even so-so) experience with women I've met on CM. Much better quality people here.

Nov 28th 2012 new

I had to add to that nasty date. When the jerk finally did take me home he accused me of being a tease (can't figure that one out since I never touched him-he tried but he didn't touch me either) and he told me that he thought only prostitutes lived in the area I did. I didn't take it personally. I was just so happy to be home.

Posts 1 - 10 of 69