Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Rejection is what Jesus is all about. I think this Methodist article describes it pretty well.

home.comcast.net

I really like this Catholic youtube video of "Blessed are they".

www.youtube.com

Imagining being the pope and getting shot and forgiving the shooter.

I'm not at all there yet. I hope to get to a point where I know the message to speak to myself when I feel rejected to be thankful for the opportunity to be forgiving - really is that it ??? What should we be saying to ourselves? There is also the not being a doormat thing in meek. So, set expectations correctly up front, right?

11/27/2012 new

Here is another article with many quotes. I need to find one that will be right for me. Do you have a line?

beautifulillustratedquotations.blogspot.com

11/27/2012 new

Let's see, I'll try this line at this moment and see how it works, "Thank you for moving my topic off the top of the list so quickly."

Nope I think that's a little sarcastic biggrin

Maybe I'll get a another chance.

11/27/2012 new

Okay, I got another chance, it didn't take long for my topic to fall. God everyone likes my topic so much I'm not sure what to say yet?

11/27/2012 new

I think it means I get to go bed, 12:39 am. A blessing in disguise?

11/27/2012 new

I guess the best thing we should tell ourselves is: "Our Lord Jesus suffered rejection too and it caused Him great pain. He understands how I feel". When we come to this conclusion it is possible to realise the great gifts we are given through trials of rejection because it is then when we can finally say to Our Lord: "Now I know how YOU feel whenever your precious gifts are rejected or when You are being neglected and taken for granted".

Problem with our human nature is that some our first reactions towards rejection are: Anger, confusion, revenge, self-pity,sadness and other ungodly emotions that could lead us to make unwise decisions and immature actions (Been there, done that).

Bottomline: In the face of rejection of ANY kind the best thing is to stop for a minute and think of Our Lord Jesuschrist and offer the pain and suffering caused by said rejection (and offer it along with those ungodly feelings, for believe me they WILL come) and unite your suffering to His suffering. It won´t take long before you find peace in your heart. Just imagine yourself in the Orchard keeping company with Him during those hours. (It is said that the hours spent in the Orchard were the most sour of His Passion for He knew that many people of future generations would reject Him).

Godbless

11/27/2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: Okay, I got another chance, it didn't take long for my topic to fall. God everyone likes my ...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

Okay, I got another chance, it didn't take long for my topic to fall. God everyone likes my topic so much I'm not sure what to say yet?

--hide--
Your topic "fell" because there was a reply to another thread, so it automatically rose to the top. It's late in some areas so the time of day (or evening) has a bearing on receiving responses.

11/27/2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: Okay, I got another chance, it didn't take long for my topic to fall. God everyone likes my ...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

--hide--

LOL its almost midnite (or past midnite depending on the timezone). So its either Monday late at night or the wee hours of a Tuesday morning. Surely you´ll get plenty of posts tomorrow. And YES, see this is as a blessing in disguise. Sweet dreams Andrea.

11/27/2012 new

Man's rejection is God's protection. Praying

11/27/2012 new

The song "Above all" by Michael W. Smith is very inspirational and the lyrics of the song tell how God creator of the universe was rejected by mankind and put to death. If God was rejected, who am I that I should be spared from rejection? Jesus forgave all of his persecutors and so teaches us that we should also forgave persons who reject us. It is not easy, but these are some scripture readings on forgiveness that I think may help, Mark 11:25, Matthew 6:9-15 and Ephesians 1:7. Praying

Posts 1 - 10 of 29