Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Dating for Traditionalists

Nov 26th 2012 new
Can it work out between traditionalist Catholics and those of a less traditional more modern vein? I'm talking about worship style here and less about faith matters.
Nov 26th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Can it work out between traditionalist Catholics and those of a less traditional more modern vein? I'...
(Quote) John-220051 said: Can it work out between traditionalist Catholics and those of a less traditional more modern vein? I'm talking about worship style here and less about faith matters.
--hide--

Yes, if both truly love the Church in all her diversity and are willing to compromise in the "style" of practice. Communication and compromise, right? I know for myself, I would prefer to practice in the Byzantine rite, yet it is not available where I now live. I attend both the Novus Ordo- Latin and English- and the Tridentine Latin Mass. Personally, I feel that one, can at times, not seem as reverent and the other I feel like I am not very involved. (I like to sing!) The Byzantine rite seems, to me, to be a beautiful and rich blend and balance.

Nov 26th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Can it work out between traditionalist Catholics and those of a less traditional more modern vein? I'...
(Quote) John-220051 said: Can it work out between traditionalist Catholics and those of a less traditional more modern vein? I'm talking about worship style here and less about faith matters.
--hide--
I'vre been to both Latin rite masses and the "new mass" I like both.

Nov 26th 2012 new

I'm with you Loretta! I just love the diversity of liturgical styles, period! Oh the beauty and richness of our Church! lovestruck!

Nov 27th 2012 new
John Im not as convinced. In the end one will have to choose either the traditional Mass or some other cultus. I suppose one could attend both the OF and EF each sunday so as to allow both parties their preference, but in the end I think in order to participate fully in a parish, one or the other will have to be chosen. Now if the person who lost out so to speak is satisfied with the occational attendance to their prefered form it might work. Though you said you were talking Mass form only, mindset i still think will be an even bigger player My two cents
Nov 27th 2012 new
(Quote) John-220051 said: Can it work out between traditionalist Catholics and those of a less traditional more modern vein? I'm talking ...
--hide--

I think it depends on each persons ability to respect their partners views and accept their partners preferences without trying to change them to agree with their own, and each partners willingness to compromise. It's pretty much the same as every difference of opinion they will face.
Nov 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: John Im not as convinced. In the end one will have to choose either the traditional Mass or some other cul...
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: John Im not as convinced. In the end one will have to choose either the traditional Mass or some other cultus. I suppose one could attend both the OF and EF each sunday so as to allow both parties their preference, but in the end I think in order to participate fully in a parish, one or the other will have to be chosen. Now if the person who lost out so to speak is satisfied with the occational attendance to their prefered form it might work. Though you said you were talking Mass form only, mindset i still think will be an even bigger player My two cents
--hide--
Tim, what do you mean by "mindset"?

Nov 27th 2012 new

--hide--

I doubt it. The Trad is probably incapable of the teeniest tiniest compromise. The non-Trad would be brow-beaten either into submission or into a nuthouse.

biggrin

Nov 27th 2012 new
Lina I guess by mindset i am mostly refering to a generality. Trads have a mindset that tends to be different than the average person attending the OF. Neither is necessarily better or worse, just a different focus.
Nov 27th 2012 new
Come now David. Must you stir up every pot or hornets nest. You have stated numerious times your distain for traditionalists. So why come in here and disrupt the thread? Both the OF and EF attendees are Catholic assuming there is no formal heresy etc. If you prefer the OF go for it and leave the rest of us alone.
Posts 1 - 10 of 180