Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

BEST/WORST...........

Nov 28th 2012 new

Guys/Gals Since the gift-giving season is upon us.....I thought this would be a fun topic. Tell us....some of the BEST/WORST gifts you've given/received.
These can be monetary, material, non-material, silly, funny etc.
So....I'll start the "presenting" here:
When we were young...my little sister was about 5 and decided she wanted to give us something. So...what did I find under the tree for me....big brother?
She had wrapped a used comb (hers no-less) in WRAPPING PAPER and scotch taped it with my name engraved in "magic marker"!shocked
I acted like it was the BEST gift I ever received but opted to keep it squired away in my bathroom drawer!! muted

Okay.....yall go now....since I've "combed" through my memories........laughing

Nov 28th 2012 new
The worst gift I received was last year actually the guy I had been dating for several years gave me a plastic microwave bowl one might use to make scrambled eggs in the microwave with. It was not wrapped & still had the price sticker on it.... eyepopping He spent a whopping 3 dollars on it.....lol laughing laughing

My best gift was one my son helped his Grandma pick up for me, it was a framed photo of my son in a I love Mommy frame. biggrin biggrin angel
Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: The worst gift I received was last year actually the guy I had been dating for several years gave me a p...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: The worst gift I received was last year actually the guy I had been dating for several years gave me a plastic microwave bowl one might use to make scrambled eggs in the microwave with. It was not wrapped & still had the price sticker on it.... He spent a whopping 3 dollars on it.....lol

My best gift was one my son helped his Grandma pick up for me, it was a framed photo of my son in a I love Mommy frame.
--hide--
Hey Brenda, maybe he had "scrambled eggs" for brains and that's why he was so proud of his $3.00 purchase. laughing laughing

Nov 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hey Brenda, maybe he had "scrambled eggs" for brains and that's why he was so proud of his $3.00...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hey Brenda, maybe he had "scrambled eggs" for brains and that's why he was so proud of his $3.00 purchase.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing boggled I hadn't thought of that one....
Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: The worst gift I received was last year actually the guy I had been dating for several years gave me a p...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: The worst gift I received was last year actually the guy I had been dating for several years gave me a plastic microwave bowl one might use to make scrambled eggs in the microwave with. It was not wrapped & still had the price sticker on it.... He spent a whopping 3 dollars on it.....lol

--hide--

I hope you gave that JERK the toe!

Nov 28th 2012 new

When I was in the fifth grade there was a TV program on called, "Dick Tracy". For some reason my Mom thought that a "Dick Tracy" sparkle paint set would be a great gift for me. I later found out the reason I got the gift was because it was on sale for $1.00. eyepopping laughing laughing

Nov 28th 2012 new

The worst gift I ever got was when I was about 20yrs old. My oldest brother gave me...a clown statue. I was going through some sensitive times then, facing the fact that my family was dysfunctional and not really a family, and how that affected my relationships. My oldest brother was about the normalest family member, and we had a number of things in common that we talked about. To have him & his wife give me that clown statue was like a snub--he didn't know me at all.

Nov 28th 2012 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: I hope you gave that JERK the toe!
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I hope you gave that JERK the toe!

--hide--

Ummm actually this is the same guy who sent the Dear Brenda email Easter morning on his way to Thailand. He came back engaged to another woman....lol All I can say in my defense is last year I was still in shock from losing my son & I really wasn't questioning why he couldn't purchase a decent present. lol
Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Guys/Gals Since the gift-giving season is upon us.....I thought this would be a fun topic. Tell u...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Guys/Gals Since the gift-giving season is upon us.....I thought this would be a fun topic. Tell us....some of the BEST/WORST gifts you've given/received.
These can be monetary, material, non-material, silly, funny etc.
So....I'll start the "presenting" here:
When we were young...my little sister was about 5 and decided she wanted to give us something. So...what did I find under the tree for me....big brother?
She had wrapped a used comb (hers no-less) in WRAPPING PAPER and scotch taped it with my name engraved in "magic marker"!
I acted like it was the BEST gift I ever received but opted to keep it squired away in my bathroom drawer!!

Okay.....yall go now....since I've "combed" through my memories........

--hide--
I did something similar! When I was about 7, I discovered the joy of giving. I really wanted to give my younger brother something special (he was 18). My mother wouldn't let me shop or do anything for anyone. Rummaging through my brother's bureau, I found a pullover sweater I had never seen before. I found a box for it, wrapped it up in white butcher paper, and drew on it a picture of deer in the woods (he was a bowhunter) and Santa Claus. When he opened that gift, my mom roared with laughter, saying he bought himself his own present & wrapped it for himself. He turned all red. Later, I tried to say something to him to make him feel better, but I don't think it worked. I tried the best I could, but it wasn't good enough.

Nov 28th 2012 new

The worst gift I ever got for Christmas was at a gift exchange at a business association Christmas party when I was a child. My mother got a little doll when she drew her number, and my father got a winner's ribbon in his gift. I was given the last gift under the tree by the Santa in attendance. I was so excited, because to me, the gifts my parents got were so cool, so I ripped off the wrapping paper of my box and opened it and started to cry. Not kidding, I was so upset that I was in tears. My mother could not stop laughing however. Here I was, a five year old, and my gift was a pair of adult grandma white cotton bloomers underwear (the kind that go to the knees) in a very, very large size, several sizes plus. I had no use for these things that were so big I could fit in one leg. Why couldn't I get a doll or a ribbon? weeping weeping weeping

Posts 1 - 10 of 200