Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

How to start dating again

11/28/2012 new

I have been single since 1998 and have not had a date in all of that time. For almost 98% of the time it did not bother me, but now I can see how it might be fun, interesting, enlightening. But I do not have a clue as to how to go about it. Any helpful hints? Thank you, jan

11/29/2012 new

come on peeps help me out here! Someone must have some ideas, as I am afraid my mind has run dry. I really do not want to resort into crashing into some men's shopping cart!!! LOL, could prove interesting thought, jan

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Jan-921295 said: I have been single since 1998 and have not had a date in all of that time. For almost 98% of the ti...
(Quote) Jan-921295 said:

I have been single since 1998 and have not had a date in all of that time. For almost 98% of the time it did not bother me, but now I can see how it might be fun, interesting, enlightening. But I do not have a clue as to how to go about it. Any helpful hints? Thank you, jan

--hide--

I haven't dated much in the past ten years either (and the few i did date didn't exactly leave me wishing for another meeting). I'm happy to follow along but don't really have any advice to offer.

11/29/2012 new

Jan, I think you've taken the first step in joining CM. Other than than that, I say sit back, relax, and enjoy the many different features that CM has to offer.

If you build it, they will come. wink

11/29/2012 new
(Quote) Jan-921295 said: I have been single since 1998 and have not had a date in all of that time. For almost 98% of the time it did not...
(Quote) Jan-921295 said:

--hide--

When I went on a date in Apr 2005 it was my first date in 16 years. I felt so silly be wise I had all those butterflies and I couldn't eat that day because my tummy wouldn't settle down. What I found out by getting out there and just choosing to date is that you might just fi d some really nice people if you open your heart to Gods will in dating and that you might find out you aren't shy after all... Have fun getting to know others... You might just make a few new friends in the process of being open to dating....
11/29/2012 new

Hi Jan, good that you are trying again! I suggest that you write to people on here and see where it goes. If you want to go out socially, you probably need to look locally.

I suggest becoming an organizer of Catholic singles events--you meet the most people that way.

Look at your parish and see what is going on there.

I noticed that your status is divorced--just a mention that for some here they are not comfortable "dating" someone who is not free to marry in the Church for all the reasons you can research here in the forums in past threads. So that might be something you will run into that you might want to consider as you move forward in your efforts!

Good luck! Praying hug

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Jan-921295 said: come on peeps help me out here! Someone must have some ideas, as I am afraid my mind has run dr...
(Quote) Jan-921295 said:

come on peeps help me out here! Someone must have some ideas, as I am afraid my mind has run dry. I really do not want to resort into crashing into some men's shopping cart!!! LOL, could prove interesting thought, jan

--hide--

Hi Jan, there are several CM meet ups in various cities across the US, perhaps it would be a good idea to explore those as well. Also remember CM is not the only place to meet eligible Catholic men, you can also try attending social functions attach to your parish or job. Last but not least, never underestimate the power of prayer, praying before the Blessed Sacrament or lighting a candle for help to find that special someone can go a long way Praying

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Jan-921295 said: come on peeps help me out here! Someone must have some ideas, as I am afraid my mind has run dr...
(Quote) Jan-921295 said:

--hide--

Hi Jan, think of all the things you like to do and join a group that does them. Everything from bookclubs to salsa dancing can be had for free and the bonus is that if you meet someone in one of these groups, you already have a common interest. Worse case scenario, you have a wonderful time with new friends. Now that's Nice!

11/30/2012 new

I remember the first date I went on after my husband passed away I was so nervous. We did dinner and a movie, and it was a good date. As far as dating goes just be yourself and you will do fine. When we get older I think it is harder to meet people. This site is a good place to start. Maybe you will be luckier than myself and just maybe there will be some nice Catholic men in your area. I have dated one man from this site, and he had to drive close to 7 hours. He was a nice man, but we were not a match.

11/30/2012 new

Be open. Take it easy. Don't beat up on yourself because everyone is clumsy when it comes to romance. Trust god. Good things will happen.

Good luck!

Posts 1 - 10 of 10