Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

11/27/2012 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Lina I guess by mindset i am mostly refering to a generality. Trads have a mindset that tends to be differ...
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Lina I guess by mindset i am mostly refering to a generality. Trads have a mindset that tends to be different than the average person attending the OF. Neither is necessarily better or worse, just a different focus.
--hide--
Can you describe what that different focus is, please--with some specifics so I can understand better?

11/27/2012 new
Lina Well for starters, many trads while accepting that the OF is a valid liturgy, also think that the EF is a better expression of Catholic Worship. Some find this offensive and I appologize for that but its the way it is. Many Eastern rite people prefer the EF to the OF as well. A Trads spirituality revolves around the EF. They tend to be more interested in the Church Fathers than modern writers like Scott Hahn (not that Dr Hann is a bad read). Hope this helps a bit.
11/27/2012 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Lina Well for starters, many trads while accepting that the OF is a valid liturgy, also think that the EF ...
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Lina Well for starters, many trads while accepting that the OF is a valid liturgy, also think that the EF is a better expression of Catholic Worship. Some find this offensive and I appologize for that but its the way it is. Many Eastern rite people prefer the EF to the OF as well. A Trads spirituality revolves around the EF. They tend to be more interested in the Church Fathers than modern writers like Scott Hahn (not that Dr Hann is a bad read). Hope this helps a bit.
--hide--

Tried it, and they weren't even a Tridentine attendee, just a lady who goes sometimes and was homeschooled, but who wore a skirt or dress nearly everywhere (except sports and cycling), wore gloves and a hat at Mass and only received on the tongue, etc. We didn't get beyond initial conversations. When she found out my parish used "The Saint Michael Hymnal (considered somewhat traditional)" she thought I was bound for Hell.

11/27/2012 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Lina Well for starters, many trads while accepting that the OF is a valid liturgy, also think that the EF ...
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Lina Well for starters, many trads while accepting that the OF is a valid liturgy, also think that the EF is a better expression of Catholic Worship. Some find this offensive and I appologize for that but its the way it is. Many Eastern rite people prefer the EF to the OF as well. A Trads spirituality revolves around the EF. They tend to be more interested in the Church Fathers than modern writers like Scott Hahn (not that Dr Hann is a bad read). Hope this helps a bit.
--hide--
Actually, no. But thanks, anyway.

11/27/2012 new
I believe that it is quite possible. My ex boyfriend in PA attends daily Traditional Latin Mass. He goes to Novus Ordo only out of necessity on a Holy Day of Obligation. For me, the closest TLM is over 2 hours away from me. So, I attend a Novus Ordo Mass. He commented that it was very evident that my Parish is more traditional than other non TLM parishes.

I have a vintage St Joseph Daily Missal in excellent condition. I am not against wearing a veil to Mass. If I didn't live so far away from a Latin Mass, I would go on a regular basis....meaning every 4-6 weeks. ((I have an SUV and cannot afford the gas.)) The sacredness, solemness and beauty of the Latin Mass is unparallelled.
11/27/2012 new
Love the Saint Michael Hymnal!
11/29/2012 new

Tsk tsk tsk. I hope the love of your life LOVES guitar masses and, for the sake of that great love, you willingly attend.

Praying laughing Praying

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Can it work out between traditionalist Catholics and those of a less traditional more modern vein? I'...
(Quote) John-220051 said: Can it work out between traditionalist Catholics and those of a less traditional more modern vein? I'm talking about worship style here and less about faith matters.
--hide--
I find it difficult to believe that a preference about liturgical rites would curtail a loving relationship. We're all Catholic, right? The Eucharist is still the Eucharist.

11/29/2012 new

It's important for a couple to be able to attend Mass together. If either one finds the other's preferred worship stlye to be outright repulsive then I don't think it would work very well. For example, I couldn't stomach a charismatic service. I would still drive a half hour to go to a more traditional-looking Novus Ordo Mass over an uber modern one 5 minutes away (although I would prefer the TLM over either). I think that would lead to some friction with someone who prefers a less traditional Mass.

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: I find it difficult to believe that a preference about liturgical rites would curtail a loving rela...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

I find it difficult to believe that a preference about liturgical rites would curtail a loving relationship. We're all Catholic, right? The Eucharist is still the Eucharist.

--hide--

That's because you're a reasonable guy who loves God instead of loving having your will be done in all things.

Unfortunately, for all too many of the Trad disposition, the MO is "my way or the highway".

shhh

Posts 11 - 20 of 180