Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 29th 2012 new

I basically agree with what Victor and Patricia have said. She obviously still would like to keep in touch, and your communications via text or phone should be at the same frequency as when you were both on FB. Texting can be kind of choppy and impersonal, though. Hopefully you are also meeting face-to-face. God bless.

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Laura, I want to meet too but she is now studying to be a nurse practitioner in TN and I'm in...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said:

Laura, I want to meet too but she is now studying to be a nurse practitioner in TN and I'm in WV. I want her to focus first on her studies plus we're 7 hours from each other. I'll see her some day, I hope! :)
--hide--

Call and tell her you would like to treat her to a fine dinner.If she thinks that's a good idea, just haul yourself over to TN and do it.

Even someone who is knocking themselves out studying are more than willing (and more importantly probably need ) to take a break now and then.

If you take the popsition that you don't want to get in her way, someone else will probably step into the void and take away any chance you might have had with her.

Nov 30th 2012 new

Call her or text her soon!!! If she did not want to hear from you, she would not have given you her number. Good Luck

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: I agree with you Ray. She would not have given you her number if she didn't want you to stay ...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

I agree with you Ray. She would not have given you her number if she didn't want you to stay in touch. Why not be honest. Call her and thank her for giving you her your number and ask her if she wants to meet. There is nothing wrong with doing this. Then you will know and will not have to wonder anymore. So as Ray said CALL HER. This is my 2 cents for what it is worth.

--hide--
Your 2 cents is certainly worth more that that!!! Glad to have reinforcements, Kathy. biggrin

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I ha...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I have also asked if she wanted to chat on the phone and she said that she rarely picks up the phone but prefers to text and gave me her number anyway. Taking it as a hint that she was not interested (true or not) I decided to not bother her any more. We became FB friends and continued to keep in touch on there. Recently, she went back to school for her nurse practitioner degree so I have been making and sending her snacks and foods (she gave me her apartment address). Last night she decided to cancel her FB (I guess it's too distractive for her) and sent me an email giving her phone number. What does this mean? Should I call her now or wait? How soon?

Disclaimer: If you're not going to be helpful and kind, please refrain from answering this post. I'd prefer to hear from my genuine CM friends regarding this topic :)
--hide--

Khoa , you are still so controlling , implying that the only comments you want are positive ones . You must keep your mind open Khoa instead of constantly trying to secure your borders . Thats a sure fire way to self distruct in a global social network sight . Trying to control the responnses you get is about as controlling as it gets . It you do call her, I hope she will enjoy being controlled and manipiulated

Nov 30th 2012 new

I do not text to in personal plus i find it distracting . i guess old fashion has gone the way of Christmas Card or letters

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I ha...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: I met this person three years ago online and have been emailing back and forth with her for a while. I have also asked if she wanted to chat on the phone and she said that she rarely picks up the phone but prefers to text and gave me her number anyway. Taking it as a hint that she was not interested (true or not) I decided to not bother her any more. We became FB friends and continued to keep in touch on there. Recently, she went back to school for her nurse practitioner degree so I have been making and sending her snacks and foods (she gave me her apartment address). Last night she decided to cancel her FB (I guess it's too distractive for her) and sent me an email giving her phone number. What does this mean? Should I call her now or wait? How soon?

Disclaimer: If you're not going to be helpful and kind, please refrain from answering this post. I'd prefer to hear from my genuine CM friends regarding this topic :)
--hide--

Khoa, one of the more difficult things I find in this male/female dating world is the fear of rejection. I think this fear keeps people from acting on their desire to contact a member of the opposite sex and ultimately that fear and failure to make the first move assure them they will not succeed at finding a mate. On these forums, we read over and over "no one is contacting me."

In my generation and the Southern culture I was raised in, men were the ones who were supposed to make the first move. Good woman never made the first move. Please note that I am referring to the age and culture I was raised in and that I am not making any moral judgments.

So for me, the social mores I was raised under have limited me to waiting to react. This second time around at dating, I have become more aware that men actually have the same fear of being rejected before and after they make the first move that women do. This has been very surprising to me. I guess it is because I grew up thinking all boys and men had the" macho/no fear factor" and just didn't care one way or the other. I took this to be the "man up" factor. Now I am thinking all boys and men have the "look like" they have the macho/no fear factor when actually all along boys and men have been very sensitive to rejection...just like women.

All that being said, I suggest you make the call. You have everything to gain and really nothing to loose except the possibility of rejection, which really is just a chance to move on toward the woman God has in mind for you.

Just my thoughts,

Elizabeth

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Khoa, one of the more difficult things I find in this male/female dating world is...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Khoa, one of the more difficult things I find in this male/female dating world is the fear of rejection. I think this fear keeps people from acting on their desire to contact a member of the opposite sex and ultimately that fear and failure to make the first move assure them they will not succeed at finding a mate. On these forums, we read over and over "no one is contacting me."

In my generation and the Southern culture I was raised in, men were the ones who were supposed to make the first move. Good woman never made the first move. Please note that I am referring to the age and culture I was raised in and that I am not making any moral judgments.

So for me, the social mores I was raised under have limited me to waiting to react. This second time around at dating, I have become more aware that men actually have the same fear of being rejected before and after they make the first move that women do. This has been very surprising to me. I guess it is because I grew up thinking all boys and men had the" macho/no fear factor" and just didn't care one way or the other. I took this to be the "man up" factor. Now I am thinking all boys and men have the "look like" they have the macho/no fear factor when actually all along boys and men have been very sensitive to rejection...just like women.

All that being said, I suggest you make the call. You have everything to gain and really nothing to loose except the possibility of rejection, which really is just a chance to move on toward the woman God has in mind for you.

Just my thoughts,

Elizabeth

--hide--

Now that I've read more of your post, I say...Plan a weekend in TN, Khoa. embarassed For heaven's sake, times a wasting. You guys could have been married and had a few babies by now. Seven hours is nothing. wave

- Elizabeth

Nov 30th 2012 new

biggrin

Some people just prefer to text. We are in that age.

Nov 30th 2012 new

Khoa,

Losing your job doesn't matter. Your job does not define your inner essence. Being long distance doesn't matter either.

What matters is you CALL her this weekend. You have known her for a long time. As you said, maybe SHE can console YOU!

I am rather old fashioned in that, I want an interested gentleman to phone me. Texting etc is just not good enough.

Hence, if a guy makes what I consider to be a herculean effort to call me (because who likes rejection), of course I will be very

happy to chat on the phone and then meet in person to get to know each other better. Good luck and God Bless!

Lois

Posts 31 - 40 of 55