Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Devoted But Dateless

Nov 30th 2012 new

Devoted but dateless what is everyone planning to do keep there mind off having a significant other this Christmas Season ?

Nov 30th 2012 new

Oh, but we DO have a significant other, and keeping your mind on that very significant other is generally powerful enough to override any self pity that might arise. I, of course, mean being with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Maybe it's not the same as being with a physical person, but they are the best listeners of all, and they really care about you. Keep the faith! Have patience.

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Duane-917052 said: Oh, but we DO have a significant other, and keeping your mind on that very significant other is g...
(Quote) Duane-917052 said:

Oh, but we DO have a significant other, and keeping your mind on that very significant other is generally powerful enough to override any self pity that might arise. I, of course, mean being with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Maybe it's not the same as being with a physical person, but they are the best listeners of all, and they really care about you. Keep the faith! Have patience.

--hide--

I agree with you Duane 100% that we do have a significant other but we are all human and in that humaness we stilll feel emotions and have to deal with them.

One way to help one through this difficullt season is to pray, especialy before the Blessed Sacrament. Another is get out of one self by volunteering, there are so many places that need help, especially with all the cut back. Also being around children. Babysit for a friend or a child, niece, nephew's chlden and let them to go out and do what they need to do or just to have alone time. Allow them to share themselves with you and vice vera. Take them out and do something fun and you will enjoy yourself too. The more we focus on ourselves the more our emotions grow. The more we get off our selves and share ourselves the more we feel needed and wanted and it helps the holiday's a little more cheerful.

Nov 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Michael-556947 said: Devoted but dateless what is everyone planning to do keep there mind off having a significant other th...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

Devoted but dateless what is everyone planning to do keep there mind off having a significant other this Christmas Season ?

--hide--

A good start seems, to me, too avoid discussion threads that highlight the fact! stir the pot! Its getting cold! laughing duck
Nov 30th 2012 new

I'm going to every gathering I can squeeze into my calendar. You can't ponder your woes when your drinking egg nog, munching cookies, and laughing at white elephant gift exchanges! I'm also going to immerse myself in all the wonderful advent scriptures. It's all about hope!

Nov 30th 2012 new

heart Organizing our Advent prayers, helping my grandson prepare a Jesse tree, coordinating schedules for his program rehearsals. That's just for my grandson. Final exams are next week and then the madness begins. Our church family stays very busy, there are food pantries that need volunteers and I am going to suggest the YAMS go caroling at the one or two of the local nursing homes so that I can tag along. They will bring beautiful voices and I will supply enthusiastic appreciation thereof.

You have a son. He is a scout and familiar with charity work. Get involved with his stuff. Chaperone a caroling outing. With God first in our lives, when we serve Him to the best of our ability, there simply is no time to feel bad about anything. If a bad mood hits, toss it up and tell Satan that you are way to busy to entertain those thoughts. heart

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: I'm going to every gathering I can squeeze into my calendar. You can't ponder your woes...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

I'm going to every gathering I can squeeze into my calendar. You can't ponder your woes when your drinking egg nog, munching cookies, and laughing at white elephant gift exchanges! I'm also going to immerse myself in all the wonderful advent scriptures. It's all about hope!

--hide--

You are???? I avoid Christmas parties like the plague. If you must go, don't eat the dips UNLESS you want to spend December 25 sick as a dog.

Ho ho ho. Get through the holidays. It's the best anyone can hope for.

Nov 30th 2012 new

Live my life the way it is NOW and not dwell on how I wish it would be..

Nov 30th 2012 new

Sounds like you and I are in a similar groove, Donna. Praise God for all the blessings and keep sharing!! Just found out that I can horn in on our youth group's caroling at the nursing home!! Woot woot!!! xmastree heart

Nov 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: A good start seems, to me, too avoid discussion threads that highlight the fact!
(Quote) Clair-6292 said:

A good start seems, to me, too avoid discussion threads that highlight the fact!
--hide--
Good point!

Posts 1 - 10 of 17