Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

New Year's Eve

Nov 29th 2012 new

eyepopping Oh MY word. Who ever thought this dating thing would be so rough!?

scratchchin Being completely unable to decide on a date for a regular date, I am encountering difficulty deciding on a New Year's Eve date.

eyepopping How the heck does one go about these things? I have fabulous plans, sitter issues taken care of, and a killer dress for the occasion...now I'm left wondering

A. Do I even "need" or "want" a date

Which leads me to

B. If so, how on earth do you find/pick the guy for the spot? If someone asks me, then my well thought out plan might be sacrificed. So,

I am left with the assumption that something somewhat akin to looking at resumes might be the better route. I'm starting to think that this isn't exactly the most "romantic" way to go about this, but I am left with the feeling that it might be the most "logical" way to go about it.

rolling eyes So, my question (and, no, I am not in need of personal "advice" - think I got it covered and) is this:
How do other singles go about deciding who to devote certain "date worthy" times to...Another way to put it is this - technically speaking, you are deciding to devote precious time on a special occasion to person xyz, so , if you aren't in a relationship, how on earth does one decide? You don't want to end up with a bummer of a date on New Year's Eve...Maybe "date" is even pushing the term a bit past its limits...Thoughts? wave

Nov 29th 2012 new
For the past several years, a friend has hosted an all-night potluck games night. It is a lot of fun, singles, couples welcome. Don't need a fancy dress though.
Nov 29th 2012 new

That sounds like WAY more fun than some of the gatherings I have been to in the past. I think once in a while it is nice to get dressed and paint the town. I just don't think that New Year's Eve is a good one for me.

heart

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Oh MY word. Who ever thought this dating thing would be so rough!?Being completely unable...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

Oh MY word. Who ever thought this dating thing would be so rough!?

Being completely unable to decide on a date for a regular date, I am encountering difficulty deciding on a New Year's Eve date.

How the heck does one go about these things? I have fabulous plans, sitter issues taken care of, and a killer dress for the occasion...now I'm left wondering

A. Do I even "need" or "want" a date

Which leads me to

B. If so, how on earth do you find/pick the guy for the spot? If someone asks me, then my well thought out plan might be sacrificed. So,

I am left with the assumption that something somewhat akin to looking at resumes might be the better route. I'm starting to think that this isn't exactly the most "romantic" way to go about this, but I am left with the feeling that it might be the most "logical" way to go about it.

So, my question (and, no, I am not in need of personal "advice" - think I got it covered and) is this:
How do other singles go about deciding who to devote certain "date worthy" times to...Another way to put it is this - technically speaking, you are deciding to devote precious time on a special occasion to person xyz, so , if you aren't in a relationship, how on earth does one decide? You don't want to end up with a bummer of a date on New Year's Eve...Maybe "date" is even pushing the term a bit past its limits...Thoughts?

--hide--

Well... at least it isn't your birthday boggled

Cat

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: Well... at least it isn't your birthday Cat
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Well... at least it isn't your birthday

Cat

--hide--

Yep, no kidding. Unfortunately, my birthday is Dec. 29, so, um...not a whole lotta difference. biggrin I'll be out to a Middle Eastern dinner with belly dancers on my birthday - no date.

The dress up part? I figure I never get to "dress up" like that, so New Year's Eve seems like the perfect excuse.

Nov 29th 2012 new

Oh no, believe me! Having your birthday on New Year's Eve is the worst! laughing weeping

But it sounds like you have a great birthday planned! The thing is, you should party so hard on your birthday that you are still recovering on New Year's Eve and won't care if you have anything planned mischievous

Cat

Nov 29th 2012 new

I never had a date on New Years come to think of it rmaybe do some sking with my son .

Nov 30th 2012 new

This year for New Years Eve a group of my single friends & I are going to a dinner/dance at local party center. No one dates anyone in this group we decided that we wanted to do something together and at a nice place. No pressure for having a date on that night.

Nov 30th 2012 new

eyepopping Well, I do believe I have bitten off far, far more than I could chew with my quest to invest 6 meager hours of prime dating time in one person.

shhh I went out of my comfort zone and weeping actually asked one particular guy to spend this 6 hours with me. Now, that being said, it's NOT a "date". It is a 6 hour investment of time, hopefully which will turn out to be pleasant time. And the following is an example of why NEVER to ask a guy out, uness you are comfortable with him.

eyepopping sorry tongue Next thing I know, the dude has turned around and invited me to Italy for 2 weeks in the Spring.

Um, Whoa Nelly rolling eyes this was an invitation to spend the last six hours of 2012 together. surprised I do not recall any invitation to future committment, or a trip to another CONTINENT, for crying out loud!

And this wink my friends, is why women should NEVER ask men out....and, EVEN if you ARE super comfortable and really, genuinely like the guy, he tends to start asking for things that you may not be ready for, like a premature exclusivity committment, and going to Mass together right off the bat (akin to parachuting into someone's bathroom unannounced)... wave Oh my. Then, your whole plan is thrown off, and you are dancing around the relationship like a wild women, trying to regain some control of the situation, because it feels so completely out of control, and you go from being seen as the :cool: in control cool chick to the complete and total fruit loop. :eyebrow:

Italy....dodged only by agreeing to a trip to the beach for a weekend :eyepopping: .....how on earth it went there, from a simple dress, and an invitation for 6 hours Dec. 31, I will never understand. :scratchchin:

Nov 30th 2012 new

New Year's Eve. STAY IN!! Why sit in a crowd of over-dressed drunks in stupid hats making lots of noise?

HERE'S THE PLAN:

Get a couple DVD's and a couple good bottle of wine.

Invite the date to your house or invite yourself to his place.

Prepare a nice dinner.

Watch the movie(s).

Etc., etc. heartbeat

Posts 1 - 10 of 10