Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Once upon a time I was in a women's faith-sharing group, and to get things rolling we would sometimes share the best and worst parts of our day. Sometimes I come home after a long day and wish I had a nice husband to come home to who would ask me the same thing... while massaging my aching feet, of course... maybe after fixing me a cup of hot tea or an amaretto on the rocks. (A girl can dream, can't she?) So I thought I'd get the ball rolling and ask the rest of y'all. How was your day?

Here are my highlights:

weeping Worst: Trying to encourage a couple of students who received bad test results today not to give up. They literally told me, "I give up." Ugh.

lil mikie Best: A tie between 1) seeing the look on a student's face when she saw her reading test score had improved dramatically since last time (from pitifully failing to a C+) and 2) the point in class when I imitated a seahorse doing a dance to greet its mate (yeah, we end up doing some strange-looking things when explaining concepts in another language).

So who's next? How was your day?

11/30/2012 new

Worst: 21 years ago being eight months pregnant, trying to change a faucet and all the pipes below the sink broke. Took me all day to get it fixed and then my daughter calls out from the bathroom that the ceramic tiles fell of the wall and broke in the bathtub (apparently there was leak in that wall too). Called my husband cyring and he tells me "Don't touch anything else, go to bed"

Best: Becoming a mom 4 times.

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Worst: 21 years ago being eight months pregnant, trying to change a faucet and all the pipes b...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

Worst: 21 years ago being eight months pregnant, trying to change a faucet and all the pipes below the sink broke. Took me all day to get it fixed and then my daughter calls out from the bathroom that the ceramic tiles fell of the wall and broke in the bathtub (apparently there was leak in that wall too). Called my husband cyring and he tells me "Don't touch anything else, go to bed"

--hide--

Wow. That sounds like some sort of disaster sequence you'd see in a slapstick comedy movie. Of course, it's only a comedy if it's not happening to you!

And how was your day today? No broken pipes, I hope.

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: Wow. That sounds like some sort of disaster sequence you'd see in a slapstick comedy movie. ...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Wow. That sounds like some sort of disaster sequence you'd see in a slapstick comedy movie. Of course, it's only a comedy if it's not happening to you!

And how was your day today? No broken pipes, I hope.

--hide--
Often slapstick in my life.

Today - mild ending on a good note.

11/30/2012 new

Here's another entertainment from the past.

BEST: My brother in-law shows me how to use a heavy metal flashlight to protect myself out in the woods on a camping trip.

WORST: He gets run into by a deer, while hiding in the woods trying to sneak up on me. Everybody thought I clobbered him when he started yelling but it was the deer. KARMA!

BEST: Sitting around the campfire roasting marshmellows.

WORST: I jump up and down on a log (1/2 in fire and 1/2 outside the fire) in an attempt to break. Come tumbling down into the fire. Had to be put out. [there was one hot chick! laughing ]

11/30/2012 new

Worst: Transitions at work have been taxing at best and soooo ready for the weekend! wide eyed

Best: My daughter gave me an early Christmas and Birthday present tonight after we decorated our tree... tickets to Trans-Siberian Orchestra! heart

Cat

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:WORST: I jump up and down on a log (1/2 in fire [there was one hot chick!
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:WORST: I jump up and down on a log (1/2 in fire [there was one hot chick!

--hide--
Marirose, don't you mean "There was one hot "CHEEK"! laughing laughing laughing

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 : Marirose, don't you mean "There was one hot "CHEEK"!
(Quote) Beverly-649723 :

Marirose, don't you mean "There was one hot "CHEEK"!

--hide--
That too!! Stop, drop and roll!

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: Once upon a time I was in a women's faith-sharing group, and to get things rolling we would s...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Once upon a time I was in a women's faith-sharing group, and to get things rolling we would sometimes share the best and worst parts of our day. Sometimes I come home after a long day and wish I had a nice husband to come home to who would ask me the same thing... while massaging my aching feet, of course... maybe after fixing me a cup of hot tea or an amaretto on the rocks. (A girl can dream, can't she?) So I thought I'd get the ball rolling and ask the rest of y'all. How was your day?

Here are my highlights:

Worst: Trying to encourage a couple of students who received bad test results today not to give up. They literally told me, "I give up." Ugh.

Best: A tie between 1) seeing the look on a student's face when she saw her reading test score had improved dramatically since last time (from pitifully failing to a C+) and 2) the point in class when I imitated a seahorse doing a dance to greet its mate (yeah, we end up doing some strange-looking things when explaining concepts in another language).

So who's next? How was your day?

--hide--

Wow, thanks for asking, Laura!

The best part was having lunch with my boss and she says how really happy she is to have me there.

The worst, well, that my tree needs decorating. Not a bad day,eh?

11/30/2012 new
Posts 1 - 10 of 19