Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Hi folks! Anyone else going to the opening night showing of "The Hobbit?" I ...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Hi folks!

Anyone else going to the opening night showing of "The Hobbit?" I will not only be there, but I'm getting dressed up! You will find me in line in elf regalia- medieval dress, cloak, boots, and pointy little ears!

Anyone else joining in the fun???

--hide--
NOPE not ME

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: NOPE not ME
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

NOPE not ME

--hide--

wink

You're missing out! I bet you could pull off "hobbit"... or maybe a tall dwarf! laughing

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I would dress up, but I don't have any Middle-earth costumes and I don't think I can squee...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

I would dress up, but I don't have any Middle-earth costumes and I don't think I can squeeze it in the budget right now.

I am, however, going to an early bird show on Saturday the 15th, at the Meadowbrook Mall Cinema. It's a good distance to my south, and there are closer theaters, but there is a Denny's restaurant nearby and they are having a Hobbit-themed menu as a tie-in with the movie. Second breakfast anyone????

--hide--

Yes, I heard that Denny's had a Hobbit-inspired menu! How fun!!!

12/01/2012 new
"My Precious!!"
12/02/2012 new

I'm going with some buddies from St. Norbert's and Sacred Heart. I don't think anyone else will, so at the risk of being the lone oddball, I'm wearing a green cape, high boots and bringing a longbow. Not sure how to pull together the rest of the costume since there are no headshops any more at the local mall sad

12/02/2012 new

P.S. I have to dress up. Tolkien is my hero, and I first read the Hobbit in second grade- I didn't understand it very well at the time, but it's one of those books you grow into. Definitely more enjoyable now than reading it in grade school.

12/02/2012 new
(Quote) Angelie-248306 said: P.S. I have to dress up. Tolkien is my hero, and I first read the Hobbit in second grade- I didn't unders...
(Quote) Angelie-248306 said:

P.S. I have to dress up. Tolkien is my hero, and I first read the Hobbit in second grade- I didn't understand it very well at the time, but it's one of those books you grow into. Definitely more enjoyable now than reading it in grade school.

--hide--
Yea! Totally Agree!
12/03/2012 new

I miss my faire garb! I developed a latex allergy so I can't put the ears on anymore, not until I can afford the much more expensive silicon set. Unfortunately the theatres around here that will be showing the Hobbit all seem to have put anti-costume policies in place since the Batman shooting. :(

12/05/2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: I miss my faire garb! I developed a latex allergy so I can't put the ears on anymore, not...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

I miss my faire garb! I developed a latex allergy so I can't put the ears on anymore, not until I can afford the much more expensive silicon set. Unfortunately the theatres around here that will be showing the Hobbit all seem to have put anti-costume policies in place since the Batman shooting. :(

--hide--

How sad!

Posts 11 - 19 of 19