Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found or unavailable

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Ladies, I would like to ask if the rules have change for the 21 century on the men's appearence. I notice the women in my area love it when a man has a big belly, missing teeth( with bad breath), and balding . I'm a man that take care of myself. I go to the doctors, I don't smoke, drink , or take drugs. I eat right, exercise,and work my brains with deeds and work. I believe in caring for my mind and body that I'm not looking for a long life but a happy and healthy life. I'm not going to changing my life style to get a woman in my life, but wantyed to know why these women today think these men are great.Thank you for reading this post.

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) David-44807 said: Ladies, I would like to ask if the rules have change for the 21 century on the men's appearenc...
(Quote) David-44807 said:

Ladies, I would like to ask if the rules have change for the 21 century on the men's appearence. I notice the women in my area love it when a man has a big belly, missing teeth( with bad breath), and balding . I'm a man that take care of myself. I go to the doctors, I don't smoke, drink , or take drugs. I eat right, exercise,and work my brains with deeds and work. I believe in caring for my mind and body that I'm not looking for a long life but a happy and healthy life. I'm not going to changing my life style to get a woman in my life, but wantyed to know why these women today think these men are great.Thank you for reading this post.

--hide--

WOW...I can't imagine...surely you jest, David. boggled I think we are all looking for someone who cares for themselves enough to try to stay healthy in mind, body, and spirit. Surely, Arlington Heights, IL is no different than Sparta, TN.

I'm not the skinny little girl I was at 19, but I try to stay healthy and take care of myself. I have heard it said, "if you don't take care of yourself, how can anyone expect you to take care of someone else?" I think that is a very accurate observation. One of the studies I have read about marriage concludes that married persons live longer and healthy lives, and the reason is because, not only is each spouse looking out for themselves, but they also are looking out for the other spouse. That makes sense to me. scratchchin

So to answer your question, "I don't know why women in Arlington Heights are attracted to the men you describe." eyebrow ...very strange things happening up there... rolling eyes eyebrow

- Elizabeth

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: WOW...I can't imagine...surely you jest, David. I think we are all looking f...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

WOW...I can't imagine...surely you jest, David. I think we are all looking for someone who cares for themselves enough to try to stay healthy in mind, body, and spirit. Surely, Arlington Heights, IL is no different than Sparta, TN.

I'm not the skinny little girl I was at 19, but I try to stay healthy and take care of myself. I have heard it said, "if you don't take care of yourself, how can anyone expect you to take care of someone else?" I think that is a very accurate observation. One of the studies I have read about marriage concludes that married persons live longer and healthy lives, and the reason is because, not only is each spouse looking out for themselves, but they also are looking out for the other spouse. That makes sense to me.

So to answer your question, "I don't know why women in Arlington Heights are attracted to the men you describe." ...very strange things happening up there...

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Just wanted to clarify that less hair and a few extra pounds are no big deal as long as the fellow is living a healthy life-style. Heck, the aging process can be tough on our bodies. But, then I think you are just kidding anyway... smile

- Elizabeth

Dec 1st 2012 new

Are they women who are DATING these men, or are they couples who have been married or otherwise together for a long time.. When I people watch as I'm out and about I often see couples that seem 'mismatched' and I try to imagine what they must've looked like when their relationship was new and before they may have gained that 100 pounds or whatever..

I'm really kind of tired of these threads criticizing 'the other guy/girl' and their appearance.. Where is the Christian charity in these kind of threads? There must have been something attractive about that other person..Because, after all, they 'got the guy/girl'

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) David-44807 said: Ladies, I would like to ask if the rules have change for the 21 century on the men's appearenc...

--hide--
I would never recommend that anyone change a healthy lifestyle.

Do the women who appear to like these men have the same lifestyle?

Dec 1st 2012 new

The women seem to take care of themselves. I'm not talking about a few extra pounds or balding as a reason . Just notice the more I care for myself women seem not to be interested in a man who take care of himself. Granted we all have the battle with age but It amazing how some men rarely caare for themselves and the women still are attracted to them. A question that boggles the mind of me. Thank you all for your responds.

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) David-44807 said: The women seem to take care of themselves. I'm not talking about a few extra pounds or balding...

The women seem to take care of themselves. I'm not talking about a few extra pounds or balding as a reason . Just notice the more I care for myself women seem not to be interested in a man who take care of himself. Granted we all have the battle with age but It amazing how some men rarely caare for themselves and the women still are attracted to them. A question that boggles the mind of me. Thank you all for your responds.

--hide--
David I 'm not sure why you are seeing this but sometimes men may demand that their girlfriends/spouses remain a certain way and this may turn away a few.Maybe some men who are athletic etc didn't try hard enough or at all.Maybe the ideal match to others wasn't their ideal,eg personality ,how they treat them and commitment. two cents two cents two cents two cents scratchchin

Dec 1st 2012 new

David of course women in general are interested in a man who is well groomed and in shape. I don't know if you are making random observations of couples at the mall, or if there is a woman you like who had taken up with the sort of man you describe. As to the former, you don't know if they are "attracted" to each other in their current state or not. If it is the latter, sometimes people have qualities that are not apparent from the appearance, or observable state of health. Who knows? Just keep on making yourself as good as you can be, and that will ultimately be the right thing for you. Praying

Dec 2nd 2012 new

How observant! Yes the rules have changed. I personally won't go out with a guy unless he has a belly like a whale, is missing most of his teeth and the bad breath is the most important requirement! (bonus points for smoking, drinking and drugs)

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-137883 said: How observant! Yes the rules have changed. I personally won't go out with a guy unless he...
(Quote) Katherine-137883 said:

How observant! Yes the rules have changed. I personally won't go out with a guy unless he has a belly like a whale, is missing most of his teeth and the bad breath is the most important requirement! (bonus points for smoking, drinking and drugs)

--hide--
Well I think the bigger the belly the better the man to the woman!!! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. There is a saying when I came out of the army. "You can't make people, love, like or even accept you they have to do it on their own"

Posts 1 - 10 of 22