Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Nov 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: You'll be seein' NOTRE DAME in Miami!!!!!!!
(Quote) Kelly-846180 said:

You'll be seein' NOTRE DAME in Miami!!!!!!!

--hide--

Well my sources say they hope it is NOT Georgia

I will be seing Miami in Floriada if I get the time off work

Go Irish

Nov 29th 2012 new

[quote]Elizabeth-462557 said:Yep. And it looks like it will be my favorite team....ALABAMA!!! Roll Tide!- Elizabeth/quote]
I hope you get through GA- I wish I had the email to paste up here...
on a bad note I checked the ticket prices- YIKES!!!

Nov 29th 2012 new

(Quote) John-842063 said: (Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:Yep. And it looks like it will be my favorite team.....
(Quote) John-842063 said:

[quote]Elizabeth-462557 said:Yep. And it looks like it will be my favorite team....ALABAMA!!! Roll Tide!- Elizabeth/quote]
I hope you get through GA- I wish I had the email to paste up here...
on a bad note I checked the ticket prices- YIKES!!!

--hide--

Thanks, John. I have my fingers crossed and plan to have a front row seat in my living room. Plan to put my Bama sweatshirt on and sit back in the lounge chair and enjoy an exciting game. ROLL TIDE everyone!!!! Bow crossfingers duck

- Elizabeth

Dec 1st 2012 new

Alabama vs. Georgia today at 3:00 p.m. Roll Tide Roll Bow Bow Bow Hoping for a great game with Alabama winning and heading for Notre Dame for the championship. clap clap

- Elizabeth

Dec 1st 2012 new

WOW...January 7th Alabama vs. Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship game. Can't wait. smile

- Elizabeth

Dec 2nd 2012 new
I've rooted for the Irish my entire life. I went to a grammar school of the same name so that contributed to my latching on at an early age, and just being Irish Catholic sometimes made you a good bet to be an ND fan. Then my sister ended up going there, as did one of my best friends from childhood. I visited there and went to a game where the great Tim Brown, soon to be Heisman winner at the time, returned two kicks against Michigan State for touchdowns. What an awesome sight. My brother and I took a cross country trip one year and got to see the stadium, the grotto, Touchdown Jesus. Phenomenal. Then a few years ago it changed for me. The thing with the ND 88 being prosecuted absolutely broke my heart--and I hope not to get into a discussion on that here--I felt betrayed and I stopped watching, and I actually started to root against the only college team I'd ever rooted for. This year, I watched the game where they played Pitt, and I was rooting for Pitt. Sad. At the same time I felt like I was missing out on something. A couple weeks ago someone told me the story of Manti Te'o, and the tragedy that that young man went through. I think that softened me a bit. I just told my sister who is the ND grad, that I hope they win. I said I probably won't be rooting hard, but I hope they win. She was so happy to hear that.
Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:WOW...January 7th Alabama vs. Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship game. Can't wait.- Eliz...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:WOW...January 7th Alabama vs. Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship game. Can't wait.- Elizabeth
--hide--
"FOR AN IRISH WIN!" See you in Miami?

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) John-842063 said: "FOR AN IRISH WIN!" See you in Miami?
(Quote) John-842063 said:

"FOR AN IRISH WIN!" See you in Miami?

--hide--

Hang on there, John. The Tide is on a ROLL!

- Elizabeth

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Hang on there, John. The Tide is on a ROLL! - Elizabeth
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Just thought I'd give John some back up.

GO IRISH! BEAT BAMA!

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Kelly-846180 said:(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:Hang on there, John. The Tide is on a ROLL!GO IRISH...
(Quote) Kelly-846180 said:[quote]Elizabeth-462557 said:
GO IRISH! BEAT BAMA!
--hide--

Thank you Kelly,
Are you a graduate?
Unfortunately I do not have the cash to be
a fully faithful Irish fan-I did not get any tickets
in the distribution !
I would love to go down to Miami, but looks like I will be
in front of a TV somewhere
Any suggestions?

Posts 41 - 50 of 52