Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

"What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is going on here." Mr. Taggart in Blazing Saddles

11/30/2012 new

Tomorrow is a brand new day with no mistakes in it. Anne of Green Gables

12/01/2012 new

"Kevin, you are such a disease" from Home Alone.

"Look what ya did ya little jerk" from Home Alone also.

12/01/2012 new

The Shawshank Redemption

Red: [narrating] I find I'm so excited; I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Fiddler on the Roof

to God]
Tevye: I know, I know. We are Your chosen people. But, once in a while, can't You choose someone else?

The Matrix Revolutions

Seraph: Did you always know?
The Oracle: Oh, no. No, I didn't. But I believed... I believed.

12/01/2012 new

Danielle, I agree with your opinion of the Shawshank quote. Absolutely marvelous!

Here's another:

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't wanna know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can't be expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you those voices soared, higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free."

12/01/2012 new

This is another good one..love this movie!

The Shawshank Redemption

Red (narrating) Andy did like he was told, buffed those shoes to a high mirror shine. The guards simply didn't notice. Neither did I... I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man’s shoes? Andy crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile.

12/01/2012 new

Absolutely love this movie!! Seen it many times!!

"Maybe I can shoot the boss as a bonus" James Whitmore

12/01/2012 new

"I hope you guys are insured" (Michael Oliver) Problem Child

12/01/2012 new

Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today. (Groundhogs Day)

and

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over, and over... laughing laughing

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today. (Groundhogs Day) and
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today. (Groundhogs Day)

and

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over, and over...

--hide--
Hi Donna. Making love like sea otters? Well, at least they didn't do it like penguins. Those penguins are necrophiliacs!

Posts 1 - 10 of 110