Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

They should at least find you handy." - Red Green

As a tribute to the colors of the season, what have you fixed with duct tape? And now, with all the colors and patterns available, it can even be used in decorating.

My son's band teacher admonished him for using duct tape to fix his trumpet. I didn't know he had done this, but was proud of his creativity.

I used black duct tape recently to fix some random piece on top of the lawn mower that fell off and I ran over. I don't know what it was for, but it still looks good and the mower doesn't seem any worse for wear.

Duct tape also makes short work of repairing book bindings.

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: They should at least find you handy." - Red GreenAs a tribute to the colors of the s...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

As a tribute to the colors of the season, what have you fixed with duct tape? And now, with all the colors and patterns available, it can even be used in decorating.

My son's band teacher admonished him for using duct tape to fix his trumpet. I didn't know he had done this, but was proud of his creativity.

I used black duct tape recently to fix some random piece on top of the lawn mower that fell off and I ran over. I don't know what it was for, but it still looks good and the mower doesn't seem any worse for wear.

--hide--

My all-time favourite quote! highfive

only thing is that Red never said what to do if the women find you neither handsome or handy boggled laughing

I first learned about duct tape at about age 18, in my first job in the nursing home, where I saw how it was being used all over the place to patch holes in things. In one room, there was a gap between the top of the wall and the ceiling, so they had stuffed disposable diapers in the opening, covered it in duct tape, and then painted over it rolling eyes. There also were some vents that were bringing in cold air from outside, those had cardboard affixed to the vent, secured by duct tape. Duct tape everywhere! Duct tape forever! Uncle Red would have been proud.

12/01/2012 new

The coolest thing I saw was when my friend's husband used it to fix his bike tire when we were camping. He discovered the flat just before we were going to hit the bike trail. I figured he'd have to stay behind, but nope. He took that tube, adhered the tape and carefully melted the edge of it with his lighter. He filled it with his portable air pump and away we all went!

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: The coolest thing I saw was when my friend's husband used it to fix his bike tire when we wer...

The coolest thing I saw was when my friend's husband used it to fix his bike tire when we were camping. He discovered the flat just before we were going to hit the bike trail. I figured he'd have to stay behind, but nope. He took that tube, adhered the tape and carefully melted the edge of it with his lighter. He filled it with his portable air pump and away we all went!

--hide--

That's cool cool, Kathy! I'll have to remember that one, to always carry a small roll of duct tape when bicycling!

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: That's cool , Kathy! I'll have to remember that one, to always carry a small rol...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

That's cool , Kathy! I'll have to remember that one, to always carry a small roll of duct tape when bicycling!

--hide--

Good plan. Just don't start smoking so you'll remember your lighter!

My daughter uses the hot pink zebra patterned tape on her cell phone.

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: They should at least find you handy." - Red GreenAs a tribute to the colors of the s...

--hide--
highfive Boy, howdy!! You got that right, Kathy! Living in the country, there's nothing better than a man except for Duct Tape! Bow :

I can't even begin to list all of it's mighty wonders! However, when both of my daughters got the old Ford Exploder to drive to high school, I made sure that there were three key items in the back:

Jumper cables, snow shovel, and duct tape. wink

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Boy, howdy!! You got that right, Kathy! Living in the country, there's nothing better than ...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Boy, howdy!! You got that right, Kathy! Living in the country, there's nothing better than a man except for Duct Tape! :

I can't even begin to list all of it's mighty wonders! However, when both of my daughters got the old Ford Exploder to drive to high school, I made sure that there were three key items in the back:

Jumper cables, snow shovel, and duct tape.

--hide--

The Ford Exploder! I don't even know if duct tape fan help you there! laughing laughing laughing

12/01/2012 new

I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (that I was wearing at the time) to rig up an muffler. laughing laughing

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: The Ford Exploder! I don't even know if duct tape fan help you there...

The Ford Exploder! I don't even know if duct tape fan help you there!

--hide--
laughing laughing Kathy, I bought the Exploder from a good friend AFTER he'd driven it, passed it down to his son and daughter for school, and I got it with 128,000 miles on it. I had it for 7 years, and went through THREE trannies--one apiece--for me, daughter #1, then daughter #2. I finally traded it in at the 2010 Cash For Clunkers Program--only way I could get rid of it without paying the towing fee!! It literally was held together by duct tape--headlights, tail lights (used old bicycle reflectors!), bumpers, glove box. laughing laughing laughing

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (that I was wearing at the time) to rig up an muff...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (that I was wearing at the time) to rig up an muffler.

--hide--
laughing laughing clap Bow I love it, Linda!

Ya know, I think Kathy, you, and I all belong in the same women's club: The Three Musket-Ducts! Or maybe that should be Musket-tear-Ducts?

Posts 1 - 10 of 134