Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Chew on this, neocons!

11/30/2012 new

As always, the Vatican is on the right side for Peace and Justice. The US should follow it's example.

www.reuters.com

11/30/2012 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: As always, the Vatican is on the right side for Peace and Justice. The US should follow it's example. <...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

As always, the Vatican is on the right side for Peace and Justice. The US should follow it's example.

www.reuters.com

--hide--

Not to hail the correctness of the Vatican's stance on this, but the main barrier to the regularization of a Palestinian State has not been Israel, post Clinton, but the PA authority themselves. The Arabs have never been interested in peace with Israel.
11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Not to hail the correctness of the Vatican's stance on this, but the main barrier to the r...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Not to hail the correctness of the Vatican's stance on this, but the main barrier to the regularization of a Palestinian State has not been Israel, post Clinton, but the PA authority themselves. The Arabs have never been interested in peace with Israel.
--hide--
I'm not about to step on that hornet's nest again here in the forums. I'll just say that lumping everyone in the same box in unfair. Saying "the arabs" is no different than saying, "the blacks" or "the Jews." Hamas does not represent all of the Palestinian people, and neither does the Palestinian Authority. The overwhelming population of the Palestinian people just want to live their lives and raise their children in peace. As you know, a small number of them are Christians. The American media avoid the word, "occupation" when reporting on the Israel/Palestinian conflict because they don't want to offend our Israeli "friends." That and they don't want to risk losing their jobs. Perhaps those 138 countries are more informed on this issue than most Americans?

11/30/2012 new

Israel has done everything to promote the growth of radical Islam. Israel and the United States have emptied the Middle East of Christians.

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Israel has done everything to promote the growth of radical Islam. Israel and the United States ha...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Israel has done everything to promote the growth of radical Islam. Israel and the United States have emptied the Middle East of Christians.

--hide--
Our massive aid to the Israeli military hasn't helped the situation, that's for sure. There were no arab terrorists prior to the founding of Israel. If you ask the average American who started modern terrorism, they would say arabs, of course! They would be wrong:

www.youtube.com

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Our massive aid to the Israeli military hasn't helped the situation, that's for sure. The...

Our massive aid to the Israeli military hasn't helped the situation, that's for sure. There were no arab terrorists prior to the founding of Israel. If you ask the average American who started modern terrorism, they would say arabs, of course! They would be wrong:

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Gang-counter-gang strategy to fuel perpetual conflict...

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Our massive aid to the Israeli military hasn't helped the situation, that's for sure. The...

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Sorry, Peter you are wrong. Islamic terrorists existed long before Israel was founded.

For example, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem in the 30's was the one who proposed the "final solution" to Hitler and even helped develop the methods that were used.

Arab fanatics have been killing Jews as well as Christians and their fellow Muslims for almost 2 millenniums.

11/30/2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Sorry, Peter you are wrong. Islamic terrorists existed long before Israel was founded.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Sorry, Peter you are wrong. Islamic terrorists existed long before Israel was founded.

For example, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem in the 30's was the one who proposed the "final solution" to Hitler and even helped develop the methods that were used.

Arab fanatics have been killing Jews as well as Christians and their fellow Muslims for almost 2 millenniums.

--hide--
Paul, I got off subject there- it's a moot point anyway. This is all about today- what is going on now, and the Vatican is on the right side. The American media when reporting on Israel/Palestine is under strict censorship of material they are allowed to disseminate. Reporters have lost their jobs if Israel was not presented as the good guy. Even a liberal rag like the NY Times is slanted towards Israel. You will not see the word "occupation" in most of the mainstream media because groups like AIPAC want Americans to believe it doesn't exist. Unless Americans understand the reality of the occupation and it's consequences, they have no idea what is going on over there. The pure hatred of an entire people is wrong, and I am suggesting the Holy Father has considerably more wisdom and insight than you or I do, and we need to pay attention to his message. Unless something drastic changes with our relationship with Israel, our grandchildren will be fighting their neverending wars. The status quo must end now.

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Paul, I got off subject there- it's a moot point anyway. This is all about today- what is goi...

Paul, I got off subject there- it's a moot point anyway. This is all about today- what is going on now, and the Vatican is on the right side. The American media when reporting on Israel/Palestine is under strict censorship of material they are allowed to disseminate. Reporters have lost their jobs if Israel was not presented as the good guy. Even a liberal rag like the NY Times is slanted towards Israel. You will not see the word "occupation" in most of the mainstream media because groups like AIPAC want Americans to believe it doesn't exist. Unless Americans understand the reality of the occupation and it's consequences, they have no idea what is going on over there. The pure hatred of an entire people is wrong, and I am suggesting the Holy Father has considerably more wisdom and insight than you or I do, and we need to pay attention to his message. Unless something drastic changes with our relationship with Israel, our grandchildren will be fighting their neverending wars. The status quo must end now.

--hide--

Hi Peter, may I ask where you get your inside knowledge? Who are you talking about when saying "pure hatred of an entire people"?
Just trying to understand where you are coming from.

12/01/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Hi Peter, may I ask where you get your inside knowledge? Who are you talking about whe...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Hi Peter, may I ask where you get your inside knowledge? Who are you talking about when saying "pure hatred of an entire people"?
Just trying to understand where you are coming from.

--hide--
Laura, I could ask you where you get your information, but I already know- mainstream American media, sanitized for your protection. One of my sources is Haaretz- an Israeli publication and website. It is far more open regarding the conflict and criticizes it's own country when appropriate, as any media institution should have the freedom to do.

I posted this merely to point out that the Vatican is on the right side of promoting a peaceful solution to the neverending Middle East conflict. The UN vote for a non voting participation by the Palestinian Authority was 138 countries in favor to 9 opposed. It doesn't mean anyone is going to "push Israel into the sea." My intention was not to get dragged into another discussion on the conflict which no one can win. We've thrown the best diplomats we can find at the problem and they've all thrown in the towel, so we're not going to solve it here.

Posts 1 - 10 of 18