Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

12/01/2012 new

I read somewhere: "If it can't be fixed with Duct Tape or a Martini, it ain't worth fixin'!"

Cheers!

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (that I was wearing at the time) to rig up an muff...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (that I was wearing at the time) to rig up an muffler.

--hide--
hey Linda! Just wondering if ya still wearing those panty hose?!! Y a know Christmas is coming!!laughing laughing laughing wave

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: They should at least find you handy." - Red GreenAs a tribute to the colors of the s...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

They should at least find you handy." - Red Green

As a tribute to the colors of the season, what have you fixed with duct tape? And now, with all the colors and patterns available, it can even be used in decorating.

My son's band teacher admonished him for using duct tape to fix his trumpet. I didn't know he had done this, but was proud of his creativity.

I used black duct tape recently to fix some random piece on top of the lawn mower that fell off and I ran over. I don't know what it was for, but it still looks good and the mower doesn't seem any worse for wear.

Duct tape also makes short work of repairing book bindings.

--hide--
Another maxim to keep in mind: "If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD40." (Original source unknown)

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: BTW, they'd certainly find me handy. Problem is, they rarely find me at all!
(Quote) John-132457 said:

BTW, they'd certainly find me handy. Problem is, they rarely find me at all!

--hide--

I'd at least find you handsome, but it sounds like you're pretty handy, too.

I know a girl at the highschool where I worked who made a purse and a pair of pants out of duct tape. She wore the pants to school. cool She came into my office in the afternoon... she was miserably HOT! flamed

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Kathy....one of my brothers is good at painting (something I loathe) trim work, fixin up the hous...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Kathy....one of my brothers is good at painting (something I loathe) trim work, fixin up the house etc. But when it came to cars he was so limited on what he could do. One time he asked for my help to fix a car he had. (I shoulda brought my tools) I said, "M, I'm gonna have to go home and get some MORE tools to fix this water pump" He said , "Why?" (course now I exaggerated) I said, "Well when YOUR tool box is limited to a pair of pliers and a butter knife it's kinda difficult!"

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing GOOD ONE JERRY!! clap

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Another maxim to keep in mind: "If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn'...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Another maxim to keep in mind: "If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD40." (Original source unknown)

--hide--

.....and if it still doesn't move.....USE KROIL!!

www.kanolabs.com

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: (Quote) Linda-624584 said: I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Quote:
Linda-624584 said:

I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (that I was wearing at the time) to rig up an muffler.

hey Linda! Just wondering if ya still wearing those panty hose?!! Y a know Christmas is coming!!

--hide--

I think that's the best use for panty hose! (That and for scraping bugs off of windshields.)

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: I read somewhere: "If it can't be fixed with Duct Tape or a Martini, it ain't worth f...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

I read somewhere: "If it can't be fixed with Duct Tape or a Martini, it ain't worth fixin'!"

--hide--

Good advice!

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Another maxim to keep in mind: "If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn'...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

--hide--

WD40, another great invention! Thanks, Ray

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Joanne-846477 said: I know a girl at the highschool where I worked who made a purse and a pair of pants out of d...
(Quote) Joanne-846477 said:

I know a girl at the highschool where I worked who made a purse and a pair of pants out of duct tape. She wore the pants to school. She came into my office in the afternoon... she was miserably HOT!

--hide--

That's hysterical, Joanne! Ya gotta love the creative spirit in her, though. clap

Posts 31 - 40 of 134