Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Locked Posts?

Dec 2nd 2012 new
Dec 2nd 2012 new

Oops! Hit the wrong button.

What does it mean when posts are locked and why does that happen?

Dec 2nd 2012 new

Sometimes I post before I look hard enough for info. Jerry posted that it was due to the thread's size (or something like that). Could there be any other reason?

Dec 2nd 2012 new
Topics become locked at 200 posts.

I've never heard of your city...
Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Julie-909449 said: Sometimes I post before I look hard enough for info. Jerry posted that it was due to the thread&#...
(Quote) Julie-909449 said:

Sometimes I post before I look hard enough for info. Jerry posted that it was due to the thread's size (or something like that). Could there be any other reason?

--hide--

Hi, Julie, besides the length of the thread (i.e. hitting 200 posts) Administration will sometimes lock a thread that has run its course: for example, a question was asked and has been answered, or also due to the direction the thread has taken, if for example if it deteriorates into an argument with a lot of name-calling and questioning of the others' Catholic faith and morals, they'll just lock the thing (and maybe even delete some of the more offensive posts).

Dec 2nd 2012 new

Hi Gustavo-

It's a very small town in the Sierra Foothills above Fresno. It's the nicest place (in my opinion) that's still close enough to an urban area to commute.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

Thanks Michael!

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Topics become locked at 200 posts.
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Topics become locked at 200 posts.
--hide--

Technically speaking, once a topic his 185 posts, it has a 1 in (200 - the current post count) chance of being locked after a post. That avoids people trying to get the last word in by waiting to be post #200 ;)

Yes, I had too much time on my hands one day a few years back.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8