Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Tom-755074 said: .....and if it still doesn't move.....USE KROIL!! http://www.k...
(Quote) Tom-755074 said:

.....and if it still doesn't move.....USE KROIL!!

www.kanolabs.com

--hide--

Hmmm.....This looks like something I could have used when trying to extend a stuck post on the basketball net. Next time, I'll know what to do. Thanks for sharing!

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: On a related note, how many of us when we were kids thought duct tape was duck tape? This is me raising m...
(Quote) John-746882 said: On a related note, how many of us when we were kids thought duct tape was duck tape? This is me raising my hand now. What have I used it for? Everything. The latest was to temporarily repair a small wood strip that pulled off my house during a storm. And I too have a duct tape wallet made for me by my 8 year old nephew.
--hide--
LOL.....John. I soooo.....thought of this the other day. Because when I was young I did indeed think that was what it was called.
The other day Jim....(you know....the guy downstairs) took the "easy" way out and "taped" a light fixture back up....that had half-way fallen down! It worked for a bit....but gravity took over...and just as I was walking under it I "ducked" because the light fixture was falling down again! And so I laughed thinking....."Well this lends new meaning to the two words......"duck tape!"laughing (Btw, after I showed him...he repaired it!)

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: (Quote) Mike-646924 said: (Quote) Linda-624584 said: <...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Quote:
Mike-646924 said:

Quote:
Linda-624584 said:

I once used duct tape and a pair of panty hose (that I was wearing at the time) to rig up an muffler.

hey Linda! Just wondering if ya still wearing those panty hose?!! Y a know Christmas is coming!!

I think that's the best use for panty hose! (That and for scraping bugs off of windshields.)

--hide--
Hey Mike, that was years ago. Haven't worn panty hose in twenty years. Kathy is right.....bug scraping would be a good use. wink laughing laughing

12/02/2012 new

By the way Kathy.....I CAN fix things.....just don't ask Jerry to COOK!.....Oops! Who's the lady who used to do the COOKING shows? Julie Bennell?
Anyway she would have faint watching me cook! She would have said, "My word...you haven't learned a thing!"laughing embarassed

12/02/2012 new
Funny story Jerry about duck tape! It quacks me up. (I can all the groans now about my bad joke.) You know when writing about Duck tape I thought to myself "avoid the quack up joke", but it seems I can't help myself.
12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: By the way Kathy.....I CAN fix things.....just don't ask Jerry to COOK!.....Oops! Who's t...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

By the way Kathy.....I CAN fix things.....just don't ask Jerry to COOK!.....Oops! Who's the lady who used to do the COOKING shows? Julie Bennell?
Anyway she would have watching me cook! She would have said, "My word...you haven't learned a thing!"

--hide--

Anyone can cook, Jerry. In fact, it saves a lot of calling when the smoke alarm goes off...Dinner's Ready!

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: (Quote) John-746882 said: On a related note, how many of us when we were kids tho...

Quote:
John-746882 said: On a related note, how many of us when we were kids thought duct tape was duck tape? This is me raising my hand now. What have I used it for? Everything. The latest was to temporarily repair a small wood strip that pulled off my house during a storm. And I too have a duct tape wallet made for me by my 8 year old nephew.

LOL.....John. I soooo.....thought of this the other day. Because when I was young I did indeed think that was what it was called.
The other day Jim....(you know....the guy downstairs) took the "easy" way out and "taped" a light fixture back up....that had half-way fallen down! It worked for a bit....but gravity took over...and just as I was walking under it I "ducked" because the light fixture was falling down again! And so I laughed thinking....."Well this lends new meaning to the two words......"duck tape!" (Btw, after I showed him...he repaired it!)

--hide--

I was just thinking of this the other day. I always labored under the assumption that "duct" tape was the correct usage. But, it turns out I may have been wrong. Both "duck" and "duct" seem to have valid origins, with "duck" possibly being the older term.

en.wikipedia.org

12/02/2012 new

Of course, before we had duct tape or WD40, we had spit & bailing wire!

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Joanne-846477 said: I'd at least find you handsome, but it sounds like you're pretty handy, too.
(Quote) Joanne-846477 said:

I'd at least find you handsome, but it sounds like you're pretty handy, too.

--hide--

You are most kind and generous, Joanne. Though the latter is true, you might be stretching the point on the former! laughing

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: By the way Kathy.....I CAN fix things.....just don't ask Jerry to COOK!.....Oops! Who's t...

Anyway she would have watching me cook! She would have said, "My word...you haven't learned a thing!"

--hide--

See, now John can fix things AND cook! Just don't expect too much from him in the way of cleaning. Remember Oscar Madison? laughing

Posts 41 - 50 of 134