Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Dec 2nd 2012 new

Joy to the World; O Holy Night; Feliz Navidad; Silent Night; Away in a Manger; Go Tell it on the Mountain; The Little Drummer Boy just to name a few.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

Little Drummer Boy www.youtube.com is not my favourite version, but the video is pretty awesome Canada
Another classic Canadian Christmas song www.youtube.com
It's too hard to pick a favourite regular Christmas song.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-645007 said: For me it has been "Merry Christmas Darling" by Karen Carpenter for many, many year. I ...
(Quote) Jerry-645007 said:

For me it has been "Merry Christmas Darling" by Karen Carpenter for many, many year. I used to be in love with her!

www.youtube.com

--hide--
weeping weeping Oh, Jerry....I couldn't even bring myself to listen to it just now...just the memories! The first time I fell in love, my college boyfriend sent this 45 by Special Delivery to my parents' home, where I was 400 miles away for the holidays, and TOTALLY MISERABLE without him for three weeks... Four years later, I moved into my very first grown-up apartment (alias: Marlo Thomas in That Girl) in Los Angeles. The name of the apartments? The "We've Only Just Begun" for marrieds, and "Close to You" for singles. laughing laughing

Dec 2nd 2012 new

biggrin I love ALL the music everyone is bringing up! It makes me want to put on the music and sing along! note

Which means I also need to add a few more favorites to my first post....

Silent Night, sung a capella anywhere, but mostly on Holy Christmas Eve Night

The entire Nutcracker Suite

Oh Holy Night, but in French: ("Minuit Chretian", I think...I learned it in 11th grade, along with "Il Est Nee Le Divine Enfant" and "Un Flambeau Jeannette Isabella")

note wreath xmastree note You get a Gold Star! note Fa la la la la, la la, la laa! note

Dec 3rd 2012 new

I love all of the traditional carols, as well as some more modern music, such as sung by Bing Crosby, etc. However, with my different tastes in music, I must say there are a few that really get me into the spirit of Christmas, like nothing else can.

First, J.S. Bach's Magnificat. The text is The Canticle of Mary, from the Gospel of Luke, all sung in Latin. I love this performance by the Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra: youtu.be

Next, The Messiah, by Handel. Although only the first third pertains to Christmas and the birth of Jesus, I prefer to hear the entire piece in one sitting!

youtu.be

One of my favourites from The Messiah is "For Unto Us A Child is Born". Just so beautiful!

youtu.be

And finally, there is Bach's Weihnachts-Oratorium, or Christmas Oratorio. The oratorio is in six parts, each part being intended for performance on one of the major feast days of the Christmas period. I listen and can't help but hear God's beauty in this and the other music.

youtu.be

"Sleighride", by Leroy Anderson, is also great!

youtu.be

Posts 41 - 45 of 45