Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

11/18/2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: The arguments about the merits or demerits of Rice are a red herring. Rice has t...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

The arguments about the merits or demerits of Rice are a red herring.

Rice has to be regarded as the messanger, as Democrats in Congress (it pains me to say it, folks) correctly point out. The real argument is with the one who crafted and ordered the dissemination of the message, which would be Obama himself.

Thus, when he said, "if you have a problem, take it up with me," there was truth in that statement as he was the one responsible for crafting the "film caused the attack" official narrative. This is a narrative that has lead to the alleged maker of the film to Federal lockup as a de facto political prisoner.

--hide--

But the Congressional Men are saying that she had to be aware that her statement would have been bogus because
all of the information going around, yet she continued to say it. As you said, Obama might have forced her to say it,
and then it is his responsibility. If they hold Rice accountable also, then Obama will have to see that his allies will be held
accountable, and he may not be able to use them as puppets so freely, which will be good.

Now I am hearing that both parties, Dems And Republicans are lieing and covering up the story. Have you heard that?

11/18/2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: True and isn't it interesting that we have heard nothing more of this poor fellow.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

True and isn't it interesting that we have heard nothing more of this poor fellow.

Oh wait (for all the conspiracy people) it was all a plot since the CIA manufactured up the whole incident under Obummer's orders, then needed a scapegoat to keep the story going. He actually was not arrested, just whisked away so he could hide out.

UMM! Sounds like a good plot for a novel. We can even work in the operatives of Opus Dei, some sleazy Jesuits a mad Pope and make Obummer the hero savior of the world.

Excuse me now, my tongue is really stuck to the side of my cheek.

--hide--

And just think, this is how our country is being run at the top. We may all be in trouble.

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Kyle-841608 said: I feel that the Benghazi hearings are for show. The persons who were ultimately responsible for se...
(Quote) Kyle-841608 said:

I feel that the Benghazi hearings are for show. The persons who were ultimately responsible for sending help were Hilary Clinton and the president. Both were convincingly negligent in their responsibilty. There is no way, the way this administration works that either one of them will be held accountable. So this dog and pony show that they are holding is a farce. The whole administration is a farce. When you surround yourself with fools you only prove yourself to be a greater fool.

The media will go out of their way to protect both of them and prove their innocence. The president has lied time and time again, why should this be any different.

--hide--

Well, Kyle, two weeks ago we felt that nothing much would come out of these hearings, and I think (am afraid) that
has been the outcome.

There even hasn't been any change in protecting our embassies or consuls abroad, even if they ask for help. That is a darn
shame.

Why is our Government doing this to its citizens who go overseas to work? It makes no sense except to prove that
the threat of Osama bin Laden has been eradicated. And we know that is not true.

12/02/2012 new

Seems to me if Ambassador Rice lied, then she should not be confirmed into any other post on government ever again.

Seems obvious to me that if the President wants to take responsibility for her actions, then he should be impeached. He is essentially daring the House to impeach him, and they probably should do so.

Of course, there will be no punishment, because according to the Constitution, only the Senate can punish the President, and the Senate is still controlled by Democrats who are OK with his behavior. But still, a proper impeachment by the House would be a matter of record and make an important point. Obummer would then be the second Democratic President in a row to be impeached for lying. A pattern is beginning to develop.

But, if you ask me, there is another impeachable offense more serious than lying, and that is violating our our rights to Freedom of Religion, by the new HHS rules. I'd recommend that as soon as the fiscal cliff issue is resolved, the House get to it and impeach President Obama for his violation of the First Amendment. Again, the Senate would likely not fire him, but another important point of record would be made, and that point could guide the Supreme Court in the years ahead.

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: Seems to me if Ambassador Rice lied, then she should not be confirmed into any other post on gov...
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Seems to me if Ambassador Rice lied, then she should not be confirmed into any other post on government ever again.

Seems obvious to me that if the President wants to take responsibility for her actions, then he should be impeached. He is essentially daring the House to impeach him, and they probably should do so.

Of course, there will be no punishment, because according to the Constitution, only the Senate can punish the President, and the Senate is still controlled by Democrats who are OK with his behavior. But still, a proper impeachment by the House would be a matter of record and make an important point. Obummer would then be the second Democratic President in a row to be impeached for lying. A pattern is beginning to develop.

But, if you ask me, there is another impeachable offense more serious than lying, and that is violating our our rights to Freedom of Religion, by the new HHS rules. I'd recommend that as soon as the fiscal cliff issue is resolved, the House get to it and impeach President Obama for his violation of the First Amendment. Again, the Senate would likely not fire him, but another important point of record would be made, and that point could guide the Supreme Court in the years ahead.

--hide--

All truths, Gerry.

What do you say to those who feel that Rice was following orders to lie to US citizens? That is the point that many
people are making. Personally, I feel if she could tell us lies, while the truth was out there, and many of us knew
it, she lost her credibility. And that made her a puppet of the President.

I hope you are right that the Supreme Court takes note of these things.

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: All truths, Gerry. What do you say to those who feel that Rice was following o...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

All truths, Gerry.

What do you say to those who feel that Rice was following orders to lie to US citizens? That is the point that many
people are making. Personally, I feel if she could tell us lies, while the truth was out there, and many of us knew
it, she lost her credibility. And that made her a puppet of the President.

I hope you are right that the Supreme Court takes note of these things.

--hide--

Hi Marianne,

I can only speak for the military and Naval service where authority is even stricter than in civil service. There, one must always follow an order unless it is illegal or imoral. If an order is illegal or immoral, one is not just permitted but obligated to disobey.

Claiming one did wrong because one was under orders to do so is known as "The Nurumberg Defense." After the Nurumberg Trials, many of the defendents were hanged, and properly so.

If Obummer wants to hang in place of Rice, I would be OK with that. He should then, resign.

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:Hi Marianne,I can only speak for the military and Naval service where authority is even stri...
Hi Marianne,

I can only speak for the military and Naval service where authority is even stricter than in civil service. There, one must always follow an order unless it is illegal or imoral. If an order is illegal or immoral, one is not just permitted but obligated to disobey.

Claiming one did wrong because one was under orders to do so is known as "The Nurumberg Defense." After the Nurumberg Trials, many of the defendents were hanged, and properly so.

If Obummer wants to hang in place of Rice, I would be OK with that. He should then, resign.

--hide--

Not exactly on subject, but maybe everyone might be interested in an article in the latest issue of "Forbes", the Dec. 10th issue. On page 38, David Mapass, one of their regular columnest's writes about the erosion of our rights over the years. He is not directly addressing Obummers trampling of the Constitution. Rather he is more concerned how Congress has done so by obeying Constitutional requirements in a manner that in essence they abrogate their Constitutional duties and force continued budget increases without being subject to a debate or vote.

Add Obummers disregard of the Constitution whenever he feels he can get away with it, and a real mess is coming down the pike. In my opinion, it will take almost a second revolution to get things back the way they should be.

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: Hi Marianne,I can only speak for the military and Naval service where authority ...

Hi Marianne,

--hide--

Jerry: I feel the same way--that if it is immoral it should not be done. And I think it was immoral for Rice to
repeat such blatant lies, espcially in the face of the truth all around her.

You know, no one cares that Obama has lied to us. I do. The rest of the disinterested public doesn't give a
hoot. I think that is why we are watching our country go downhill in front of our eyes. Apathy.

12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Not exactly on subject, but maybe everyone might be interested in an article in the lates...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Not exactly on subject, but maybe everyone might be interested in an article in the latest issue of "Forbes", the Dec. 10th issue. On page 38, David Mapass, one of their regular columnest's writes about the erosion of our rights over the years. He is not directly addressing Obummers trampling of the Constitution. Rather he is more concerned how Congress has done so by obeying Constitutional requirements in a manner that in essence they abrogate their Constitutional duties and force continued budget increases without being subject to a debate or vote.

Add Obummers disregard of the Constitution whenever he feels he can get away with it, and a real mess is coming down the pike. In my opinion, it will take almost a second revolution to get things back the way they should be.

--hide--

No, Paul, I think it is on par with the subject. It seems that the more rules that are broken, the more rules
will be broken because of the precedent set. And none of us can do anything to remedy it.

12/03/2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Marianne-100218 said: The more I hear about Petraus and...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Quote:
Marianne-100218 said:

The more I hear about Petraus and those two flusies involved with Petraus' resignation, the more I realize why this
was not brought out before the election. The country is being run by a bunch of nuts. And how could the head of
the CIA be brought down by an FBI agent.

Well, it said on the news tonight that the FBInagent was left out of the loop as the investigation proceeded because it
was above his clearance level, but he went ahead and whistle blew about what he knew, and then wanted to be defended
as a whistle blower when he got into trouble.

That is the first level of blame.

I think it is interesting how well they have taken advantage of the Thanksgiving break to silence everything around this issue! I pray that all of the TRUTH can come out!

This morning I heard that the hearings are behind closed doors and in an underground location. A bit strange I would
say.

--hide--

Posts 21 - 30 of 33