Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Some Charles Taylor videos

Dec 3rd 2012 new

Charles Taylor is a well regarded Catholic political philosopher.

I think people on this forum, of all political stripes, will find much to agree with:

History of American Secularism (4.5 min)

www.youtube.com

The case for spiritual rediscovery (5 min)

www.youtube.com

The key to living together (2.3 min)

www.youtube.com

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Charles Taylor is a well regarded Catholic political philosopher. I think people ...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

I think people on this forum, of all political stripes, will find much to agree with:

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

--hide--

11.8 minutes of pompous gibberish.

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Charles Taylor is a well regarded Catholic political philosopher. I think people ...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

--hide--

I listened to the "key to living together." He did not say anything. Don't even know what he was trying to
say.

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:I listened to the "key to living together." He did not say anything. Don't even ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I listened to the "key to living together." He did not say anything. Don't even know what he was trying to
say.

--hide--

Ah, Marianne, but he said nothing in such a cultured voice.

What I found interesting is that he is just like Obummer, he threw out a lot of nothing but in such a manner that he left it to each indivual wasting their time listening to him to insert their own opinion. Ergo he is a highly regarded whatever.

What is so disconserting is that supposedly educated people listen and hang on to his every word as if they were gold. They even warded him prize.

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Ah, Marianne, but he said nothing in such a cultured voice. What I found interesti...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Ah, Marianne, but he said nothing in such a cultured voice.

What I found interesting is that he is just like Obummer, he threw out a lot of nothing but in such a manner that he left it to each indivual wasting their time listening to him to insert their own opinion. Ergo he is a highly regarded whatever.

What is so disconserting is that supposedly educated people listen and hang on to his every word as if they were gold. They even warded him prize.

--hide--

I did find his speaking voice to be irritating, and maybe because of the vocalization I understood nothing.

I even tried very hard to find some little bit to hang onto to get the jest of his speech, but to no avail.
I just got annoyed.

People hang on to his every word? Are you sure? OMG rolling eyes

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I did find his speaking voice to be irritating, and maybe because of the vocalization ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I did find his speaking voice to be irritating, and maybe because of the vocalization I understood nothing.

I even tried very hard to find some little bit to hang onto to get the jest of his speech, but to no avail.
I just got annoyed.

People hang on to his every word? Are you sure? OMG

--hide--

Well, Cathy thought what he had to say was important.

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Well, Cathy thought what he had to say was important.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Well, Cathy thought what he had to say was important.

--hide--

Maybe she heard him better than I was able to?

Posts 1 - 7 of 7