Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

How are you searching?

Dec 3rd 2012 new

I've officially been on CM for 3 months. Woot! And what a 3 months it has been! I feel like I have gone through some type of unofficial/official cycle as a single here: excited, expectant, disappointed, discouraged, discerning (lots of d's here!), acceptance, and now I'm just plain enjoying it! I consider it my special, fun, Catholic Facebook. biggrin

I will admit - I was a Forum stalker for a while. All these people were asking questions, and all these other people had already answered. Why did I need to post anything? So I snuck around, pondering deep questions, laughing with the fun, and praying for the intentions. And then, God hit me with it - what if those posters were right, and posting on the Forums meant you met people? (Gasp!) What if the posters were right and there was a perfect plan in an LDR? What if what if what if....yeah, I am prone to what if'ing myself into oblivion. wink

So, I posted. A little. I prayed alot. So, I expanded my search. And prayed alot. And I have met someone awesome folks here! I have had some great message-conversations and a fun F2F with some cool gentlemen, and enjoyed some sweet new confidants and encouragement from amazing ladies.

Why, you may ask, have I posted this possibly-goofy, rambling post? Because I want to encourage all you Forum stalkers and on-the-fencers: get yourselves out here! God brought you to CM for a reason. Open your heart to HIS plan and HIS search. Open your heart to the fun, support, and encouragement out here. See, and be seen (that means "post"!).

And all you better Forum veterans than I - - - what encouragement can you add to this? How do you search, and have fun while you're searching?

God bless, everyone!

Dec 3rd 2012 new
Melanie, you are an awesome writer...maybe you can publish a book about catholic online dating...now that's a lot of fun :)
Dec 4th 2012 new
Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: I've officially been on CM for 3 months. Woot! And what a 3 months it has been! I feel like...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

I've officially been on CM for 3 months. Woot! And what a 3 months it has been! I feel like I have gone through some type of unofficial/official cycle as a single here: excited, expectant, disappointed, discouraged, discerning (lots of d's here!), acceptance, and now I'm just plain enjoying it! I consider it my special, fun, Catholic Facebook.

I will admit - I was a Forum stalker for a while. All these people were asking questions, and all these other people had already answered. Why did I need to post anything? So I snuck around, pondering deep questions, laughing with the fun, and praying for the intentions. And then, God hit me with it - what if those posters were right, and posting on the Forums meant you met people? (Gasp!) What if the posters were right and there was a perfect plan in an LDR? What if what if what if....yeah, I am prone to what if'ing myself into oblivion.

So, I posted. A little. I prayed alot. So, I expanded my search. And prayed alot. And I have met someone awesome folks here! I have had some great message-conversations and a fun F2F with some cool gentlemen, and enjoyed some sweet new confidants and encouragement from amazing ladies.

Why, you may ask, have I posted this possibly-goofy, rambling post? Because I want to encourage all you Forum stalkers and on-the-fencers: get yourselves out here! God brought you to CM for a reason. Open your heart to HIS plan and HIS search. Open your heart to the fun, support, and encouragement out here. See, and be seen (that means "post"!).

And all you better Forum veterans than I - - - what encouragement can you add to this? How do you search, and have fun while you're searching?

God bless, everyone!

--hide--
Hi Melaniewave

I could write a book about my last two years of experience on CM - most of it good. I hope I am on my last chapter. For myself I never thought I would pursue a LDR but God does have a sense of humor and yes I am in the smack dab middle of one myself and so far it has been a great experience. Still kind of new - but I decided with God all things are possible. He is a very sweet man, nice looking, good father to his children, funny, hard working and worth every ounce of energy I put into it. crossfingers

Dec 4th 2012 new

I'm so glad for you! Many blessings to you!!!!

Dec 4th 2012 new

Thanks, Khoa! I do enjoy writing, and internet dating has its moments! wink

Dec 5th 2012 new

I see it as not searching, but engaging. I first need to know that I must build my decision making on an ethical framework. Thus, I have values that I want to express and solicit from a woman. I realize that she is a person too that demands respect. Then I inject into the conversation deep, meaningful thoughts and ideas. Therefore, I am attractive to women who handle good conversations.

How do I have fun?---I make sure I am real, show her a good time, and allow her freedom such that if she says "No" then she will better at spoting her man later. I am getting better as I grow younger.

Dec 6th 2012 new

nnnnnnot searching..

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: I've officially been on CM for 3 months. Woot! And what a 3 months it has been! I feel like...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

I've officially been on CM for 3 months. Woot! And what a 3 months it has been! I feel like I have gone through some type of unofficial/official cycle as a single here: excited, expectant, disappointed, discouraged, discerning (lots of d's here!), acceptance, and now I'm just plain enjoying it! I consider it my special, fun, Catholic Facebook.

I will admit - I was a Forum stalker for a while. All these people were asking questions, and all these other people had already answered. Why did I need to post anything? So I snuck around, pondering deep questions, laughing with the fun, and praying for the intentions. And then, God hit me with it - what if those posters were right, and posting on the Forums meant you met people? (Gasp!) What if the posters were right and there was a perfect plan in an LDR? What if what if what if....yeah, I am prone to what if'ing myself into oblivion.

God bless, everyone!

--hide--

I think I went through the same stages that you went through. As for my searching, the paradox is that I have fun on the forums as well and the more I am on the forums, the more inquiries I get on my profile. As for plans to find Her...I've given that to God.

Dec 7th 2012 new

There is not much wisdom to share or a success story as yet.

I think that God has been guiding me and telling me to see beyond that 'I am single and searching' attitude and to smell the roses as I go along. To meet people and appreciate them, pray for them and with them and to learn from their great encounters with the Lord and of their faith.

I have entrusted the searching or even leading the right man into my life to God. I know that He does everything perfect.

I now don't feel a thing when an ex is getting married, or someone is having a baby or being single at parties and Christmas and Valentine's Day, etc. God has given me that peace and I praise His name for that.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11