Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

If you go to ---------- you can see some changes that will be coming out today or tomorrow.

The main goal is to simplify the profile creation process a bit, as well as making more relevant questions that we're asking. One new thing is a tagging system, which will allow in the near future searching on keywords directly from profiles. Matching will also benefit from this.

Changes made on this beta preview may not be kept. Changes to photos DEFINITELY won't be.

UPDATE - It's live now! Thanks for the feedback already given - and please continue - we'll be refining the changes in the coming days.

Dec 4th 2012 new

Hmmm..I can already see things I would have to change..Like the implication that I will eat any kind of spicy food.. wide eyed

I kind of like my profile the way it is.. weeping

Dec 4th 2012 new

I like the way thing were as well, especially after I spent all the the time on it.

Dec 4th 2012 new

Sorry Nathan. I really don't like what you have done. I spent a lot of time working on my profile and now need to make many changes to the new format. I also lost some information (seeking). I don't like being forced into forced-choice questions and prefer to answer in my own words (as was available on the old profile). Had I known that CM was going to do this, I may have not subscribed. I really don't like the new profile. Please leave the option of keeping the old profile. This kind of feels like all the Facebook changes that have gone on and I am really annoyed with them too.

Dec 4th 2012 new

Are these changes being made so that keyword searches can be conducted?
Is there no way to make those searches be possible without losing the old profile format?

Dec 4th 2012 new

Sorry, Nathan, but YUCK. irked I don't like it--the presentation of information appears so linear and black and white--unpersonalbe to me.

I agree with Lina--go ahead and enable a "keyword" search feature, but please don't change the profile format. Praying

Dec 4th 2012 new
Maybe, to do a keyword search, the format HAS to change, but I don't know since computer programming is not an area I'm familiar with....

I'm not in favor of making many sites look like each other. I suppose it's for ease of operation, comfort, something...but I prefer uniquenesses rather than conformity.
Dec 4th 2012 new

I am all for making profiles fully searchable (like I can search for "lawyer" and hopefully find all the laywers on here).

It does seem that everyone will have to do some updating to their profiles, but if it gets us more features, I am for it.

Thanks.

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: If you go to rc.catholicmatch.com you can see some changes that will be coming out...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

If you go to rc.catholicmatch.com you can see some changes that will be coming out today or tomorrow.

The main goal is to simplify the profile creation process a bit, as well as making more relevant questions that we're asking. One new thing is a tagging system, which will allow in the near future searching on keywords directly from profiles. Matching will also benefit from this.

Changes made on this beta preview may not be kept. Changes to photos DEFINITELY won't be.

--hide--

I think it will all turn out ok. I am up for it and think it always works out. For me- resisting changes is unnecessary...I think it will work out. I have too much in my favorites section..

Dec 4th 2012 new

No information has been lost. Strike that. Favorite color was removed. As far as I am aware, nothing else has been lost. Some questions have been collapsed, but everything is still there.

As for favorites - some things aren't 100% perfect. The "Favorite things" were intended to be a list of things, but people ended up using them as a write whatever you want in thing. This made it impossible for us to have these search-able or otherwise usable. Now it will be usable data, able to be incorporated into search and matches. Most profiles will be accurately translated, but some members who wrote full sentences when the questions were asking for a list of things should check their profiles. There were 12+ million records that needed to be converted, so this absolutely had to be an automated process.

The actual presentation of the profile will improve in the near future, but we need to get this data conversion done quickly. The more time that goes by the harder it becomes. I welcome some details of what the shortcomings of the changes are. Is clicking to expand the short answers a hassle? Should EVERYTHING be visible when you first go to the profile, even if it makes it 5+ pages long?

Real feedback is appreciated, but I'll be honest: posts that consist of "OH MY. I FEEL LIKE YOU JUST RAN OVER MY DOG!" type sentiments are going to be removed. We can fix stylistic or usability issues. I can't fix your dead dog.

(I'm trying to be a bit humorous here. If your dog actually just died, you have my sincerest apologies!)

Nathan

PS: There are other improvements, such as photo management, etc, but I have a feeling that they'll likely be overshadowed. Ah well.

Posts 1 - 10 of 65