Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: Should EVERYTHING be visible when you first go to the profile, even if it makes it 5+ pages long?...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

Should EVERYTHING be visible when you first go to the profile, even if it makes it 5+ pages long?

--hide--

YES! Or at least make it a user setting. It is much easier to scroll down 5 pages than to click on umpteen dozen expand buttons.

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Rose-921185 said: I also lost some information (seeking).
(Quote) Rose-921185 said:

I also lost some information (seeking).

--hide--

It appears the Seeking section is still there, albeit renamed to "About My Ideal Match"

12/04/2012 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Maybe, to do a keyword search, the format HAS to change, but I don't know since computer programming is not an ...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Maybe, to do a keyword search, the format HAS to change, but I don't know since computer programming is not an area I'm familiar with....

I'm not in favor of making many sites look like each other. I suppose it's for ease of operation, comfort, something...but I prefer uniquenesses rather than conformity.
--hide--

There was a keyword search a couple years ago.

I dont like the new profile format either. It looks STERILE...as in hospital sterile.

This is terrible announcing this today and telling us that tomorrow or next day, that it will be like this....you mean permanently, right?

Well, that sad hissyfit
12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: Is clicking to expand the short answers a hassle? Should EVERYTHING be visible when you first go ...

Is clicking to expand the short answers a hassle? Should EVERYTHING be visible when you first go to the profile, even if it makes it 5+ pages long?

--hide--

Yes and yes! Scrolling is not an issue for me at all, but I suppose if you wanted to have the expand/collapse all option still available, the default should be for things to be expanded at first. Honestly though, I can't think of why I personally would want to collapse something.

I find it a bit confusing that there are two sections with similar content and titles ("About my Family/Background" and "Background") but they aren't anywhere near each other. Likewise "About my Faith" and "Faith." I think it would be good if these things were grouped together. (Relocation and permanent living preferences seem to go well together too.)

Is it possible to have tags AND free-form short answer? I know you say this free-form information is not "usable" but it's certainly usable to me as a writer and reader of profiles. Could we have the free-form portion located directly above the tags so it's clear they are associated?

Out of curiosity, why would some of my information not show up in the Beta? For example, my Seeking section didn't get transferred over to the "About my ideal match" section, only one of three musical artists originally listed showed up in the new profile, and the explanation in my permanent living preferences is gone.

Also, if we didn't put any answers for a category, will it still show up on the new profile? For example, I have no favorite sports information on my current profile, and this category doesn't even show on my profile. However, it IS showing up on the beta profile and says "No favorites added to this category..." I kind of like that it doesn't show up if it's blank.

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: If you go to rc.catholicmatch.com you can see some changes that will be coming ou...

If you go to rc.catholicmatch.com you can see some changes that will be coming out today or tomorrow.

The main goal is to simplify the profile creation process a bit, as well as making more relevant questions that we're asking. One new thing is a tagging system, which will allow in the near future searching on keywords directly from profiles. Matching will also benefit from this.

Changes made on this beta preview may not be kept. Changes to photos DEFINITELY won't be.

--hide--

Since it is all in the programming and a computer can be programmed to search on any criteria programmed into it, there is no real need to make the changes in the profile.

The more you force people into boxes to simplyfy the programming job, the less real information about the person will be available for people to make rational decisions.

You hint that changes are also coming to the way photos are handled. At least from the viewing end of things, you already have a superior one. Why fiddle with success?

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: YES! Or at least make it a user setting. It is much easier to scroll down 5 pages than to...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

YES! Or at least make it a user setting. It is much easier to scroll down 5 pages than to click on umpteen dozen expand buttons.

--hide--

What do you care Junior?.. Your profile has been the same since the beginning of time.. rolling eyes laughing You're not even 'looking'..

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Since it is all in the programming and a computer can be programmed to search on any ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Since it is all in the programming and a computer can be programmed to search on any criteria programmed into it, there is no real need to make the changes in the profile.

The more you force people into boxes to simplyfy the programming job, the less real information about the person will be available for people to make rational decisions.

You hint that changes are also coming to the way photos are handled. At least from the viewing end of things, you already have a

and [quote] Laura-896845 said:

Is it possible to have tags AND free-form short answer? I know you say this free-form information is not "usable" but it's certainly usable to me as a writer and reader of profiles. Could we have the free-form portion located directly above the tags so it's clear they are associated?

--hide--

To chime in here, I also appreciate individuality and creativity in writing, as opposed to a defined list (or one word at a time). It helps me get a picture of the other person's thought process, humor, and creativity in describing things. Otherwise, I'm fine with the new format itself. The collapsed piece didn't bother me, hopefully it won't puzzle those who see it for the first time.

12/04/2012 new

ok, as I look again at the sections above the favorites, it looks like there still is some room for creative expression in some of the sections. The favorites section looks a little awkward however, especially when favorite prayers, music groups, and places are two or three words long, but the spacing makes them individual words, if you know what I'm saying. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out! Nice job, Nathan and team.

12/04/2012 new

All of my SEEKING was lost! About my ideal match, shows nothing at all.

In SEEKING was "our opportunity" to let the others know the kind of person we were looking for, without that, its hit and miss!
Other infor was missing also!

Change can be good, BUT "not always"-----Please reconsider !

12/04/2012 new
Alot of my profile is missing too. This new way is not individualistic in any manner. It is a block and template form. Again...It sad hissyfit hissyfit Not a good thing.
Posts 11 - 20 of 65