Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 4th 2012 new

Amen!!

Dec 4th 2012 new

I think most of it, we could all get used to, but where is the seeking section? I really don't think that should be taken out.

Dec 4th 2012 new

Hi Nathan,

I like the idea of the keywords/tags, but miss the paragraph About Me/Seeking.

Also, is that the only way the tags could be indicated? It seems like it makes the profile really long.

Dec 4th 2012 new

Nathan, as an engineer and a programmer, I can understand the need to simplify the server's job of tracking, tagging, and searching for data. I do agree with the other posters that the new format is not organic. We are organic people, not just raw statistics.

I noticed that some fields seem to be replicated: some of the information in the Background section is a repeat of what was posted earlier, and as one who got zapped twice by this double-dip recession (unemployed), I don't really appreciate having this stated doubly in my new profile. It's bad enough that I freely admit that I am between paying jobs (I'm donating my time to the Lord right now in thanks for what He has given me in the past), but to have it plopped down twice in the profile is just bad form. And the information in the seeking section is indeed gone, as many have already posted. I've made a copy of the text so I can find a way to get it back when the profile switches. Duane

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: If you go to rc.catholicmatch.com you can see some changes that will be coming out...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

If you go to rc.catholicmatch.com you can see some changes that will be coming out today or tomorrow.

The main goal is to simplify the profile creation process a bit, as well as making more relevant questions that we're asking. One new thing is a tagging system, which will allow in the near future searching on keywords directly from profiles. Matching will also benefit from this.

Changes made on this beta preview may not be kept. Changes to photos DEFINITELY won't be.

--hide--

Some of the changes seem to make the profile redundant.. I like things simple and answer to be simple.. Seems that there are too many drop down menus.. I don't like that..I like to see a full page.. But that is just my preference.. I think those of us that have created a profiles already should be able to stay with our old format.. If the reason is to simplify profile creation let it be for only those that are New to creating a profile.. Just my thoughts from being a longtime member ... Kathleen

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Duane-917052 said: Nathan, as an engineer and a programmer, I can understand the need to simplify the server's j...
(Quote) Duane-917052 said:

Nathan, as an engineer and a programmer, I can understand the need to simplify the server's job of tracking, tagging, and searching for data. I do agree with the other posters that the new format is not organic. We are organic people, not just raw statistics.

I noticed that some fields seem to be replicated: some of the information in the Background section is a repeat of what was posted earlier, and as one who got zapped twice by this double-dip recession (unemployed), I don't really appreciate having this stated doubly in my new profile. It's bad enough that I freely admit that I am between paying jobs (I'm donating my time to the Lord right now in thanks for what He has given me in the past), but to have it plopped down twice in the profile is just bad form. And the information in the seeking section is indeed gone, as many have already posted. I've made a copy of the text so I can find a way to get it back when the profile switches. Duane

--hide--

I made a copy of my orginal profile so I have a record of the information for later

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Duane-917052 said: Nathan, as an engineer and a programmer, I can understand the need to simplify the server's j...
(Quote) Duane-917052 said:

--hide--

I made a copy of my orginal profile so I have a record of the information for later

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:I think those of us that have created a profiles already should be able to stay with our old for...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

I think those of us that have created a profiles already should be able to stay with our old format.. If the reason is to simplify profile creation let it be for only those that are New to creating a profile..

--hide--

Unfortunately, that's not feasible from a programming perspective: instead of simplifying the implimentation, it would be significantly more complicated.

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Amber-413562 said: I think most of it, we could all get used to, but where is the seeking section? I really don'...
(Quote) Amber-413562 said:

I think most of it, we could all get used to, but where is the seeking section? I really don't think that should be taken out.

--hide--

It appears the Seeking section is still there, albeit renamed to "About My Ideal Match"

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: It appears the Seeking section is still there, albeit renamed to "About My Ideal Mat...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

It appears the Seeking section is still there, albeit renamed to "About My Ideal Match"

--hide--
Jerry ,I used the expand and the" About MY Ideal Match" has NOTHING in it!
I wonder why the infor from SEEKIng was NOT transfered there?

Posts 21 - 30 of 65