Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Hi folks! Anyone else going to the opening night showing of "The Hobbit?" I ...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Hi folks!

Anyone else going to the opening night showing of "The Hobbit?" I will not only be there, but I'm getting dressed up! You will find me in line in elf regalia- medieval dress, cloak, boots, and pointy little ears!

Anyone else joining in the fun???

--hide--
NOPE not ME

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: NOPE not ME
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

NOPE not ME

--hide--

wink

You're missing out! I bet you could pull off "hobbit"... or maybe a tall dwarf! laughing

Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I would dress up, but I don't have any Middle-earth costumes and I don't think I can squee...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

I would dress up, but I don't have any Middle-earth costumes and I don't think I can squeeze it in the budget right now.

I am, however, going to an early bird show on Saturday the 15th, at the Meadowbrook Mall Cinema. It's a good distance to my south, and there are closer theaters, but there is a Denny's restaurant nearby and they are having a Hobbit-themed menu as a tie-in with the movie. Second breakfast anyone????

--hide--

Yes, I heard that Denny's had a Hobbit-inspired menu! How fun!!!

Dec 1st 2012 new
"My Precious!!"
Dec 2nd 2012 new

I'm going with some buddies from St. Norbert's and Sacred Heart. I don't think anyone else will, so at the risk of being the lone oddball, I'm wearing a green cape, high boots and bringing a longbow. Not sure how to pull together the rest of the costume since there are no headshops any more at the local mall sad

Dec 2nd 2012 new

P.S. I have to dress up. Tolkien is my hero, and I first read the Hobbit in second grade- I didn't understand it very well at the time, but it's one of those books you grow into. Definitely more enjoyable now than reading it in grade school.

Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Angelie-248306 said: P.S. I have to dress up. Tolkien is my hero, and I first read the Hobbit in second grade- I didn't unders...
(Quote) Angelie-248306 said:

P.S. I have to dress up. Tolkien is my hero, and I first read the Hobbit in second grade- I didn't understand it very well at the time, but it's one of those books you grow into. Definitely more enjoyable now than reading it in grade school.

--hide--
Yea! Totally Agree!
Dec 3rd 2012 new

I miss my faire garb! I developed a latex allergy so I can't put the ears on anymore, not until I can afford the much more expensive silicon set. Unfortunately the theatres around here that will be showing the Hobbit all seem to have put anti-costume policies in place since the Batman shooting. :(

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: I miss my faire garb! I developed a latex allergy so I can't put the ears on anymore, not...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

I miss my faire garb! I developed a latex allergy so I can't put the ears on anymore, not until I can afford the much more expensive silicon set. Unfortunately the theatres around here that will be showing the Hobbit all seem to have put anti-costume policies in place since the Batman shooting. :(

--hide--

How sad!

Posts 11 - 19 of 19