Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: It appears the Seeking section is still there,...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

It appears the Seeking section is still there, albeit renamed to "About My Ideal Match"

Jerry ,I used the expand and the" About MY Ideal Match" has NOTHING in it!
I wonder why the infor from SEEKIng was NOT transfered there?

--hide--

I just checked mine and it was copied, so we'll have to leave this one for Nathan to answer tomorrow.

12/04/2012 new

My seeking section was missing also, but it was very easy to copy my old one & paste it in. My first reaction was I hate, hate, hate, hate, it...!!! That is till I figured out there was room to freely write in several places about our family background, faith walk, travels, etc. I think in the long run it may make it easier to learn more about each other... It's just a learning curve.... rose

12/04/2012 new

Nathan,

A suggestion is to expland the available choices in the pull down menus to include prohibitions. In particar, I'm alergic to tobacco smoke so my home must remain smoke free. The only choice available to me right now for Smoking Habits is "I don't". However, that choice could easily be viewed as a don't care when in fact it is a big issue to my health. A "Cannot be around" choice would more accurately desribe my situation to anyone reading my profile. Similar prohibitions could be included for drinking and pets.

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: My seeking section was missing also, but it was very easy to copy my old one & paste it in. ...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

My seeking section was missing also, but it was very easy to copy my old one & paste it in. My first reaction was I hate, hate, hate, hate, it...!!! That is till I figured out there was room to freely write in several places about our family background, faith walk, travels, etc. I think in the long run it may make it easier to learn more about each other... It's just a learning curve....

--hide--

You may want to save a copy on your computer as well: Nathan indicated that changes made to the beta page may not be carried over to production when the changes go live.

12/04/2012 new

Thanks Jerry....

Will do!

12/05/2012 new

(Quote) Rose-921185 said: Sorry Nathan. I really don't like what you have done. I spent a lot of time working on my prof...
(Quote) Rose-921185 said:

Sorry Nathan. I really don't like what you have done. I spent a lot of time working on my profile and now need to make many changes to the new format. I also lost some information (seeking). I don't like being forced into forced-choice questions and prefer to answer in my own words (as was available on the old profile). Had I known that CM was going to do this, I may have not subscribed. I really don't like the new profile. Please leave the option of keeping the old profile. This kind of feels like all the Facebook changes that have gone on and I am really annoyed with them too.

--hide--

I am sorry if I have complained too much but I don't really like the new format, though I understand that you are trying to improve the way things work. The new "Favorite Things" feature forces you to choose certain items in a list format. I tried inputing "USA" in the travel section several times but the new system doesn't seem to recognize it and has deleted it from my list at least 4 times. I don't want to list all 50 states individually and I am using country names for the rest of the inputed items. Can this please be improved? I've also had this problem for other sections of the Favorite Things feature as well.

12/05/2012 new

(Quote) Changes made on this beta preview may not be kept. Changes to photos DEFINITELY won't be.
(Quote)

Changes made on this beta preview may not be kept. Changes to photos DEFINITELY won't be.

--hide--

Brian,

I don't understand what "changes made on this beta preview may not be kept. Changes to photos definitely won't" means. Can you explain that Brian.

12/05/2012 new
Brian,

I've noticed for the past few days, on my homepage when I clicked on "scrap book photos", I am sent directly to the persons profile. Before, I was able to see the photos without having to check the profile, which I liked. Is this part of the new profile changes?
12/05/2012 new

W duck Bow When will all this playing around be over? I have changes ln my profile and will make adjustments when all the changes are finalized.

Is this a one time fix or is it on going? crazy

12/05/2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: Jerry ,I used the expand and the" About MY Ideal Match" has NOTHING in it! I wond...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

Jerry ,I used the expand and the" About MY Ideal Match" has NOTHING in it!
I wonder why the infor from SEEKIng was NOT transfered there?

--hide--

It appears that yours did not transform correctly. The good news is that we can recheck the conversion and find out where it went. Additionally, since we're doing a full data transform, the old data will be left intact. I actually threw together a page that has everything as it now in case something was lost in the favorites conversion (such as Donna's, who has full sentences that don't translate well).

I'm looking into it! wink

Posts 31 - 40 of 65