Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

I did WHAT?????

Dec 5th 2012 new

I had to bring my son to the emergency room last night because he swallowed his food and could not get it down all the way. He was wide awake, and stable, but I did not want the situation to become dire at home.

When he was being treated I called his mother to let her know what was going on, and lo and behold, I actually had a civil conversation with my exeyepopping

Don't you dare tell anybody else, and shame on whoever it was who was praying for melaughing

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: I had to bring my son to the emergency room last night because he swallowed his food and could n...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

I had to bring my son to the emergency room last night because he swallowed his food and could not get it down all the way. He was wide awake, and stable, but I did not want the situation to become dire at home.

When he was being treated I called his mother to let her know what was going on, and lo and behold, I actually had a civil conversation with my ex

Don't you dare tell anybody else, and shame on whoever it was who was praying for me

--hide--
shocked for the emergency room trip, but biggrin that he's ok. How old is he?
And congrats for the civil moment with your ex angel !

Dec 5th 2012 new
Continuing to pray for you and your son.....hope he is doing ok now. As for the ex I am glad you were able to put your sons needs first.....
Dec 5th 2012 new

My hope for you is God's grace to always have civil conversations with her, for the sake of your children, for your sake. Holding onto anger is like taking poison and expecting her to get sick. Proud of you and happy for you, and most happy for your children. heart

Dec 5th 2012 new

OH STOP you guys. You're making me feel icky...lol

Dec 5th 2012 new

Praying

Dec 5th 2012 new

rosary Praying rosary

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: I had to bring my son to the emergency room last night because he swallowed his food and could n...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

When he was being treated I called his mother to let her know what was going on, and lo and behold, I actually had a civil conversation with my ex

Don't you dare tell anybody else, and shame on whoever it was who was praying for me

--hide--

Yes, anger, even if justifiable, has to dissipate for our sakes. I firmly believe though that writing it down or telling a trusted friend about it when it does build up, is necessary or it will come out in other ways. I think so many times we hear "Don't be angry" but having vows trashed is not right and just and I don't like that fact to be watered down.

I am glad your son is okay and God bless you!! biggrin

Dec 5th 2012 new

A very important part of this story is that before leaving for the hospital he went to his room to get his Rosaryrosary

Dec 5th 2012 new

Daniel... sometimes we are allowed to see God's plan... the comfort and compassion elicited from your exwife when your son was hurting has helped to dissolve the hurt and angry feelings toward her. the rosary is his comfort. (what a good kid)!

Posts 1 - 10 of 19