Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

sad Someone I love very deeply is dying. She has been sick for a long time, and she is finally going to enjoy peace.

Her journey and mine have paralleled in that we both deal with similar illnesses on a daily basis. While physical death has certainly been a reality in our lives for several years, we have always found joy and laughter together through the journey. Now, I have realized that, in all likelihood, I will be going tthe rest of this journey without her ever present laughter and strength by my side. I know she will not go far. We always have had an inside saying that, where ever she goes, she will light a fire, and I will see her. And where ever I go, I will do the same for her.

I can recall so many times when she sat by my bedside during intense, painful ER visits, or when I looked up from a drug induced haze from a hospital bed and she was there. Funny, according to her, I was the good, loyal friend. But, the reality is that it was quite the opposite. She taught me, through her example, the intimacy of friendship.

That kind of relationship knows no boundaries of space...and time. My wish is that we join in praying that I am the strong one for now, so that she will see my faith and confidence in this journey's destination. And, that maybe, some of the ever-present ,selfish sadness I feel is lessened, just a bit, until I can see the fire.

12/06/2012 new
Praying hug Praying praying for her soul and all those left behind who love her now and always
12/06/2012 new

Prayers for a peaceful passing. Lord hear our prayers. Amen. Praying rosary Dove hug

12/06/2012 new

So sorry to hear that.... rosary Praying rosary

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Someone I love very deeply is dying. She has been sick for a long time, and she is finally going ...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

Someone I love very deeply is dying. She has been sick for a long time, and she is finally going to enjoy peace.

Her journey and mine have paralleled in that we both deal with similar illnesses on a daily basis. While physical death has certainly been a reality in our lives for several years, we have always found joy and laughter together through the journey. Now, I have realized that, in all likelihood, I will be going tthe rest of this journey without her ever present laughter and strength by my side. I know she will not go far. We always have had an inside saying that, where ever she goes, she will light a fire, and I will see her. And where ever I go, I will do the same for her.

I can recall so many times when she sat by my bedside during intense, painful ER visits, or when I looked up from a drug induced haze from a hospital bed and she was there. Funny, according to her, I was the good, loyal friend. But, the reality is that it was quite the opposite. She taught me, through her example, the intimacy of friendship.

That kind of relationship knows no boundaries of space...and time. My wish is that we join in praying that I am the strong one for now, so that she will see my faith and confidence in this journey's destination. And, that maybe, some of the ever-present ,selfish sadness I feel is lessened, just a bit, until I can see the fire.

--hide--
I Celia,

I pray to the Blessed Mother as she always gives me peace. She has lost and survived to help us...her other children.Praying hug Praying

12/06/2012 new
Praying rosary theheart
12/06/2012 new

(((Celia))) prayers ascending for you, my love. May you find comfort that we are family here in CM.. Mother Mary joins us in prayer as we pray for you and your friend.

Love you with the Love of the Lord Jesus.

Praying rosary rosary

12/06/2012 new

Celia,

Prayers for you, your friend and their family.

St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus, is an excellent saint to pray to for a happy death. Also, Our very own Guardian Angels are some of our best advocates. They assist us with any need. We just have to ask.

May our Lord, our Lady, St. Joseph, and all of the angels and saints protect your friend from all spiritual harm.

God bless,

12/06/2012 new
(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Someone I love very deeply is dying. She has been sick for a long time, and she is finally going to enjoy peac...

Someone I love very deeply is dying. She has been sick for a long time, and she is finally going to enjoy peace.

--hide--

Celia,

The Divine Mercy Chaplet is an appropriate prayer for the sick and dying. Although it could and should be said at any time, the 3:00PM hour is the hour of great Mercy because it is the hour of Jesus' death.

www.thedivinemercy.org

www.ewtn.com

You can also pray to St Joseph, who is the Patron of the dying, because we believe he died in the arms of Jesus and Mary. See link below for prayers.

www.catholictradition.org

Your friend is happy to have you. I will be praying also. rosary rosary hug hug
12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Someone I love very deeply is dying. She has been sick for a long time, and she is finally going ...

That kind of relationship knows no boundaries of space...and time. My wish is that we join in praying that I am the strong one for now, so that she will see my faith and confidence in this journey's destination. And, that maybe, some of the ever-present ,selfish sadness I feel is lessened, just a bit, until I can see the fire.Praying Praying Praying theheart

--hide--

Posts 1 - 10 of 20