Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Gerard,I am never adverse to change if for the better. However, I agree with Linda's p...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Gerard,

I am never adverse to change if for the better. However, I agree with Linda's post and I vote to leave everything status quo. I am not into bonus points for each game.

Something though you may wish to consider: I feel we all know who will have a realistic chance of winning the whole enchilada. Those who are close in ranking going into Week 17 choose two games and predict the final score. Determine their prediction versus the actual score and whomever comes closet to the final score, wins the tiebreaker. I say two games as just one may still result in a tie. The poster picks his/her two games.

Just my opinion.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Leon,

Thank you for the input.I pick the scores each week and RARELY get one right.There are a number of times that I'm within ten points,of the total score.The majority of the time,I'm not even close.

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: You know Gerard.....I think it is fine the way it is....if it's all the same to you. Leon'...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

You know Gerard.....I think it is fine the way it is....if it's all the same to you. Leon's idea...or variation thereof...would work.
But I think for now lets leave it status quo....just my opinion...and vote~

--hide--

Thank you,Jerry.

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) George-80266 said: My picks for week # 14 Denver over the Raiders Buffalo over the Rams Falcons...
(Quote) George-80266 said:

My picks for week # 14

Denver over the Raiders

Buffalo over the Rams

Falcons over Carolina

Cincinnati over Cowboys

Cleveland over KC

Colts over Titans

Jets over Jacksonville

Vikings over Bears

Pittsburg over San Diego

Tampa Bay over Philadelphia

Ravens over Washington

San Francisco over Miami

Giants over the Saints

Seattle over Arizona

Green Bay over Detroit

Texans over Patriots

--hide--

George,

Thank you for the picks.Good luck.

12/06/2012 new

I have come to a decision,on this matter.The vote is three against, two in favor and I could only hope for a tie.We will keep everything status quo,until week 17.Every game that week will have a possible bonus point.We will also choose one game(of each persons' choice) and try to predict the final score,in terms of both actuality and total points.The winner will receive five bonus points.If that person also has the EXACT SCORE,there will be an additional five points.The determination will be made from (1)total points,(2)winning team.

I will give an example,as we approach that time.

12/06/2012 new

Okay...."Dandy Don Meredith" May God rest his soul.

Don Meredith is my all-time choice as favorite player for the Dallas Cowboys...and maybe all time PLAYER period. As a kid I practically worshipped this guy. He was a native Texan (Mt Vernon) and starred in both Basketball and Football. His achievements/records at Mt Vernon High are still stashed in the trophy cases there. Actually in high school he was a better basketball player but seemed to love football more. He received a scholarship to Southern Methodist University (SMU) For this reason he piqued my Dad's attention since he went there years before. Don was a college All-American. From there he went on to star for the Dallas Cowboys being picked in the first round in either 1960 or 1961. Tough, determined, personable....FUNNY for sure and a great quarterback....he was popular with men and women everywhere. To me, as a 10 year old who held Johnny Unitas in such high esteem....my allegiances gravitated to players in Dallas...like Meredith. And the man COULD and did play with injury and pain. Broken ribs, torn knees, separated shoulders, broken digits, broken nose (several times) and concussions...to name some injuries plagued him throughout his career. Inspite of a weak offensive line and MANY sacks Don still performed at a high level and absolutely would not give up on a game or his team...unless pronounced "out" Don shared time with a smallish veteran named Eddie LeBaron (5'7!) at first..then took over for good in 1961. He threw lots of T.D.s to Frank Clarke, Pettis Norman, Billy Howton...and was backed up by a stellar fullback named Don Perkins. Later, many of his LONG throws went to Bob Hayes. I still believe if he had ever had an offensive line....there would be many records which would still stand! One of them does. He owns the record for most yards in a game; 460!

Taking the mighty Green Bay Packers to task 2 years in a row....he and the Cowboys played outstanding games....almost winning one in -13 degree weather at Lambeau Field. After losing against them and then the Browns the following year....he finally had had enough...and retired.

He then became even more famous after becoming one of the 3 announcers for the brand-new addition of Monday Night Football. His antics and humor were unsurpassed. He would get Howard Cosell (co-announcer) laughing so hard in the booth....(one time he nearly swallowed his cigar!) When a game was "well at hand" he was famous singing "turn out the lights....the party's over" ....more less "rubber stamping" a loss.

(though I remember one time he sang it TOO early!) Dandy even tried acting.

Once my Father took me to a mall where 3 or 4 Cowboys were signing autographs....including Dandy Don. I was "star struck" just holding my pad out for him to sign...and my Dad telling him my name! Since Meredith was 6'3....he seemed like a giant to me! But I truly loved Don Meredith and his play....and ability to play with pain and injury.

To me he was "Number 17 in your playbook......number 1 in your heart!"

12/06/2012 new

[/quote] Sorry for the late input ... working way too many hours right now.

Here's my week 14 picks

Denver over Oakland

Baltimore over Washington

Kansas City over Cleveland

Pittsburg over San Diego

Indianapolis over Tennessee

NY Jets over Jacksonville

Chicago over Minnesota

Atlanta over Carolina

Tampa Bay takes Philidelphia

Buffalo over St. Louis

Dallas over Cincinnati

San Francisco beats Miami

New York Giants over New Orleans

Seattle over Arizona

Green Bay over Detroit

New England over Houston

Let the games begin!! Good luck to everyone.

Nancy Praying

12/06/2012 new

Predictions for Week 14.

Broncos rougher than the Raiders,31-23.

Rams knock over the Bills,24-21.

Bengals jump on the Cowboys,34-27.

Chiefs smoke out the Browns,21-17.

Colts run past the Titans,28-21.

Buccaneers grab the Eagles,24-10.

Bears chase the Vikings,27-24.

Redskins cage the Ravens,24-20.

Falcons topple the Panthers,35-14.

Jaguars attack the Jets,21-16.

Chargers zap the Steelers,27-24.

49ers cook the Dolphins,29-17.

Seahawks fly above the Cardinals,17-14.

Saints hover above the Giants,28-24.

Lions bite the Packers,30-22.

Texans outlast the Patriots,34-29.

Good luck to everyone.

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-513644 said: Sorry for the late input ... working way too many hours right now. Here's my ...
(Quote) Nancy-513644 said:

[/quote] Sorry for the late input ... working way too many hours right now.

Here's my week 14 picks

Denver over Oakland

Baltimore over Washington

Kansas City over Cleveland

Pittsburg over San Diego

Indianapolis over Tennessee

NY Jets over Jacksonville

Chicago over Minnesota

Atlanta over Carolina

Tampa Bay takes Philidelphia

Buffalo over St. Louis

Dallas over Cincinnati

San Francisco beats Miami

New York Giants over New Orleans

Seattle over Arizona

Green Bay over Detroit

New England over Houston

Let the games begin!! Good luck to everyone.

Nancy

--hide--

Nancy,you made the deadline,with at least 22 minutes to spare.

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Okay...."Dandy Don Meredith" May God rest his soul. Don Meredith is my all-time ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Okay...."Dandy Don Meredith" May God rest his soul.

Don Meredith is my all-time choice as favorite player for the Dallas Cowboys...and maybe all time PLAYER period. As a kid I practically worshipped this guy. He was a native Texan (Mt Vernon) and starred in both Basketball and Football. His achievements/records at Mt Vernon High are still stashed in the trophy cases there. Actually in high school he was a better basketball player but seemed to love football more. He received a scholarship to Southern Methodist University (SMU) For this reason he piqued my Dad's attention since he went there years before. Don was a college All-American. From there he went on to star for the Dallas Cowboys being picked in the first round in either 1960 or 1961. Tough, determined, personable....FUNNY for sure and a great quarterback....he was popular with men and women everywhere. To me, as a 10 year old who held Johnny Unitas in such high esteem....my allegiances gravitated to players in Dallas...like Meredith. And the man COULD and did play with injury and pain. Broken ribs, torn knees, separated shoulders, broken digits, broken nose (several times) and concussions...to name some injuries plagued him throughout his career. Inspite of a weak offensive line and MANY sacks Don still performed at a high level and absolutely would not give up on a game or his team...unless pronounced "out" Don shared time with a smallish veteran named Eddie LeBaron (5'7!) at first..then took over for good in 1961. He threw lots of T.D.s to Frank Clarke, Pettis Norman, Billy Howton...and was backed up by a stellar fullback named Don Perkins. Later, many of his LONG throws went to Bob Hayes. I still believe if he had ever had an offensive line....there would be many records which would still stand! One of them does. He owns the record for most yards in a game; 460!

Taking the mighty Green Bay Packers to task 2 years in a row....he and the Cowboys played outstanding games....almost winning one in -13 degree weather at Lambeau Field. After losing against them and then the Browns the following year....he finally had had enough...and retired.

He then became even more famous after becoming one of the 3 announcers for the brand-new addition of Monday Night Football. His antics and humor were unsurpassed. He would get Howard Cosell (co-announcer) laughing so hard in the booth....(one time he nearly swallowed his cigar!) When a game was "well at hand" he was famous singing "turn out the lights....the party's over" ....more less "rubber stamping" a loss.

(though I remember one time he sang it TOO early!) Dandy even tried acting.

Once my Father took me to a mall where 3 or 4 Cowboys were signing autographs....including Dandy Don. I was "star struck" just holding my pad out for him to sign...and my Dad telling him my name! Since Meredith was 6'3....he seemed like a giant to me! But I truly loved Don Meredith and his play....and ability to play with pain and injury.

To me he was "Number 17 in your playbook......number 1 in your heart!"

--hide--

Jerry,

Another great story.I remember the original MNF crew...

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Gerard,I am never adverse to change if for the better. However, I agree with Linda's p...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Gerard,

I am never adverse to change if for the better. However, I agree with Linda's post and I vote to leave everything status quo. I am not into bonus points for each game.

Something though you may wish to consider: I feel we all know who will have a realistic chance of winning the whole enchilada. Those who are close in ranking going into Week 17 choose two games and predict the final score. Determine their prediction versus the actual score and whomever comes closet to the final score, wins the tiebreaker. I say two games as just one may still result in a tie. The poster picks his/her two games.

Just my opinion.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Gerard: I'm inclined to keep everything status quo as well. I was thinking of Leon's suggestion with just picking the score of one final game, but he makes a good point as one may still result in a tie and two less likely. I'm flexible though, so just tell me whether I need to punt an pull some scores out of a hat all games, two of the games or none. laughing

I just enjoy reading the posts and submitting my picks.

Posts 11 - 20 of 125