Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

That's RIGHT - we did it! We set a new CM record at our Indy Christmas Party this past weekend -

biggrin heart EQUAL NUMBER OF MEN AND WOMEN at an event! clap hug

None of this being 'outnumbered' this time - we had 11 of each gender at the party. And at mass beforehand, the men outnumbered the women 11-7. Do you know how wonderful it was to worship together surrounded by male voices strong in song and prayer? To the gents who were there, I thank you for being the wonderful faith-filled Catholic men you are. hug

I commented on this in another thread, but I really thought the numbers ALONE were worthy of their own thread in this room. Hopefully some other men will be encouraged to come to an event, any event, in Indy or anywhere else - and join in.

POTENTIAL ATTENDEES - look at it this way - if you were looking for a job, you'd be networking like crazy, putting your best foot forward, presenting your best YOU to those you meet. Well, here you're looking for your match, right? So get out there and meet as many people as you can! Be friendly, have some fun, get to know more CMers in real life. You may not find your match at your first event - but you'll make some new female friends. You may not be the match for us - but we know a LOT of other available ladies and we'll spread the word about how great you are.

We had a handful of first time attendees, and I think they ALL had a wonderful time with us. They said they're looking forward to the next one - which by the way is our Chili Cook Off on Feb 9th!! (Shamelss plug.)

BTW - the mistletoe came in handy for several attendees. Friendly Christmas cheer was all over the place! wink shhh

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: That's RIGHT - we did it! We set a new CM record at our Indy Christmas Party this past weekend...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

That's RIGHT - we did it! We set a new CM record at our Indy Christmas Party this past weekend -

EQUAL NUMBER OF MEN AND WOMEN at an event!

None of this being 'outnumbered' this time - we had 11 of each gender at the party. And at mass beforehand, the men outnumbered the women 11-7. Do you know how wonderful it was to worship together surrounded by male voices strong in song and prayer? To the gents who were there, I thank you for being the wonderful faith-filled Catholic men you are.

I commented on this in another thread, but I really thought the numbers ALONE were worthy of their own thread in this room. Hopefully some other men will be encouraged to come to an event, any event, in Indy or anywhere else - and join in.

POTENTIAL ATTENDEES - look at it this way - if you were looking for a job, you'd be networking like crazy, putting your best foot forward, presenting your best YOU to those you meet. Well, here you're looking for your match, right? So get out there and meet as many people as you can! Be friendly, have some fun, get to know more CMers in real life. You may not find your match at your first event - but you'll make some new female friends. You may not be the match for us - but we know a LOT of other available ladies and we'll spread the word about how great you are.

We had a handful of first time attendees, and I think they ALL had a wonderful time with us. They said they're looking forward to the next one - which by the way is our Chili Cook Off on Feb 9th!! (Shamelss plug.)

BTW - the mistletoe came in handy for several attendees. Friendly Christmas cheer was all over the place!

--hide--

This is great!!!! clap clap clap

12/06/2012 new
It was our best Christmas party, yet!! I had a terrific time!and Mary is right-- it means so much to hear so many strong male voices lifted in song and prayer. And, boy, did we laugh!!! So much and so hard.

A very memorable weekend with good connections being made!!

I too got to benefit from the lovely mistletoe that was hand all around. Can't wait for the Chili Cook-off!!hyperparty
12/06/2012 new

Good news!! clap

12/09/2012 new

clap clap clap Sorry I missed it! I hope to make the next one!

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: Sorry I missed it! I hope to make the next one!
(Quote) Laurel-904204 said:

Sorry I missed it! I hope to make the next one!

--hide--

Thanks Maia, Line and Laurel - hope you can ALL join us some day! We really do have a ton of fun when we get together! hug biggrin Keep an eye on this Forum room AND the Event pages - we post things all the time.

The Indy group is unique, in that we keep our focus on the 'ease of attending' whenever we plan anything.

We usually begin with Saturday evening mass. It's a main highlight of each gathering to attend mass together as a group. Praying

Then we plan pitch ins meals, so there are no excessive restaurant charges for food or drink (plus tax and tip.) It's always BYOB - everyone can bring what they want - their call. Cheers!

We provide a place for our out-of-towners to spend the night if they wish - and we encourage anyone who has been indulging in spirits to stay. A few of us open our homes - you just need to bring bedding, a blow up mattress, and pillow. (At the Christmas party, the ladies slept at Nancy's house, and the men divided up between Rob's and Pat's homes. Spare beds, floors, couches - just make yourself comfortable.) For those that prefer a hotel, we have recommendations. faint

Then we regroup in the morning for a pitch in breakfast. Coffee

Folks can depart as they wish - some spend the whole day with us - playing games, doing an activity (walk, bowling, movie), or just continuing our many discussions. We love the give and take of various viewpoints, the male vs female perspective and interpretations, etc. eyepopping laughing

Ask anyone who has attended an Indy get together - they'll encourage you to join right in! wave

Posts 1 - 6 of 6