Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Do you have a favorite...

12/06/2012 new

Christmas ornament? Is it handmade or inherited, musical or whimsical? Was it given to you by a child, sibling or special friend? Is it part of a collection spanning years? What is the story behind it?

It's too hard for me to pick just one as a favorite, but I am partial to the igloo with an Eskimo and a husky that I gave my husband our first year together. We had always dreamed of going to Alaska. Little did I know that we would get our own husky many years later. I'm reminded of many good times with both of them in this small, simple decoration.

12/06/2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Christmas ornament? Is it handmade or inherited, musical or whimsical? Was it given to you by a child, sibling ...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Christmas ornament? Is it handmade or inherited, musical or whimsical? Was it given to you by a child, sibling or special friend? Is it part of a collection spanning years? What is the story behind it?

It's too hard for me to pick just one as a favorite, but I am partial to the igloo with an Eskimo and a husky that I gave my husband our first year together. We had always dreamed of going to Alaska. Little did I know that we would get our own husky many years later. I'm reminded of many good times with both of them in this small, simple decoration.

--hide--

I have a book that is a Christmas Ornament that tells the Christmas Story, by way of talking about a Grandpa who carved a Nativity. The book talks about the Shepherd giving the baby the choice Sheep from his heard as a gift. I got the book when Andrew was little, he would have me read that story over & over several times a night during the Christmas season. My Sister in Law painted a ceramic Nativity for us when Andrew was around four. Andrew looked over the two sheep that Alesa painted for me and chose one to give the baby. He laid the sheep very close to the manger. I still have the book & read it often even now.... angel
12/06/2012 new

I have ones that my mom gave to me over the years. Ones that my nieces & nephews made for me. They are all special to me. Its hard to pick just one.

12/07/2012 new

(Quote) Elaine-525333 said: I have ones that my mom gave to me over the years. Ones that my nieces & nephews made for me...
(Quote) Elaine-525333 said:

I have ones that my mom gave to me over the years. Ones that my nieces & nephews made for me. They are all special to me. Its hard to pick just one.

--hide--

It is hard. It takes me forever to decorate because I have to tell the story of each one.

12/07/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have a book that is a Christmas Ornament that tells the Christmas Story, by way of talking abo...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I have a book that is a Christmas Ornament that tells the Christmas Story, by way of talking about a Grandpa who carved a Nativity. The book talks about the Shepherd giving the baby the choice Sheep from his heard as a gift. I got the book when Andrew was little, he would have me read that story over & over several times a night during the Christmas season. My Sister in Law painted a ceramic Nativity for us when Andrew was around four. Andrew looked over the two sheep that Alesa painted for me and chose one to give the baby. He laid the sheep very close to the manger. I still have the book & read it often even now....
--hide--

That is such a tender story, Brenda. Thank you for sharing. hug

12/07/2012 new

Oh yes.I made some beaded Christmas tree decorations last year with red green and clear beeds You get a Gold Star! .So proud of myself biggrin biggrin

12/07/2012 new
A pair of tap shoes that says "Tappy Holidays." I love tap dancing and got it when I was little.
12/07/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Christmas ornament? Is it handmade or inherited, musical or whimsical? Was it given to you by a c...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

--hide--
Mine would probably be a little wooden soldier I bought when I was 20. I was drawn to it when my roommate and I were shopping that first Christmas we were living away from our parents. Not sure why it means so much to me (we bought other ornaments). Maybe because the "love of my life" was in the military reserves, and the ornament reminded me of him.

Have to include a pom-pom snowman too. My son was so proud to have chosen that for me from the school's Christmas Shoppe when he was in kindergarten. He knew I collected snowmen.

12/07/2012 new

When putting up my little tree the other night I used little ornaments that I have had for years. I do not remember who gave those to me. Will have to check with Mom today when I see her. It was something different on the tree & special too since I have had them for years.

12/07/2012 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Oh yes.I made some beaded Christmas tree decorations last year with red green and clear be...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

Oh yes.I made some beaded Christmas tree decorations last year with red green and clear beeds .So proud of myself

--hide--

Please tell me more Sherrill-Anne. I'd love to know know at they look like. (I'm crafty that way and appreciate the homemade pieces, too.)

Posts 1 - 10 of 20