Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/06/2012 new

I, for one, have left messages for those who have browsed my profile or whose profiles I have browsed...and only ONE responded back. Many of them have never even stopped by to view my profile. I have only been on here for about 6 weeks and am confused... Should I be leaving messages for others or not? I don't want to be seen as "forward", but I'm also not paying to be here, just "waiting" for someone to find me!

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) BIll-154597 said: It would make sense if you were very young but it seems that adult women should be able to...
(Quote) BIll-154597 said:

It would make sense if you were very young but it seems that adult women should be able to do some initiating.

To be honest, many women seem to enjoy the chance to turn a man down.

--hide--

Sorry Bill..You have that backwards..It's the older women who were raised with the warnings from their mom about not being forward and waiting for the man to ask.. Having raised 3 sons, I can tell you many girls today have no such inhibitions..

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: We're so beat up from the hiding you women give us when we do approach. You ladi...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

We're so beat up from the hiding you women give us when we do approach. You ladies have succeeded at cowing us, so we back off.

Help us out. If you're interested in a guy LET HIM KNOW. We're clueless. You'll wither on the vine waiting for him to realise you like him and come after you.

--hide--
wave Amen to that Brother! I agree with ya 100% (especially at our ages)!! Mike "peace"!!

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: "I don’t think you should need to know in advance that a woman is interested before yo...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

"I don’t think you should need to know in advance that a woman is interested before you ask her out. I think it is part of our job as men to risk rejection and be the initiators of dates and dating relationships, and if you wait until she has gone out on a limb and made her interest known, you’re asking her to take the risk instead of taking it on yourself."

...just sayin'

--hide--

Is this in addition to clanking around in chain mail and plate armor and holding open doors and doing whatever else you women THINK we should be doing??

Go ahead ladies. Let your own fears and pride and archaic silly rules keep you from making a man aware of your interest. Go ahead, wither on the vine cuz that's where it will get you.

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Is this in addition to clanking around in chain mail and plate armor and holding ope...

Is this in addition to clanking around in chain mail and plate armor and holding open doors and doing whatever else you women THINK we should be doing??

Go ahead ladies. Let your own fears and pride and archaic silly rules keep you from making a man aware of your interest. Go ahead, wither on the vine cuz that's where it will get you.

--hide--
good grief David - no withering on the vine here - sometimes I am too forward and that has gotten me into trouble too laughing laughing and then I have to ask Jesus to bail me out embarassed

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: good grief David - no withering on the vine here - sometimes I am too forward and that has gotten...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

good grief David - no withering on the vine here - sometimes I am too forward and that has gotten me into trouble too and then I have to ask Jesus to bail me out

--hide--

let's not create false dichotomies. it's not an either/or situation. there's plenty of solid middle ground. helpus out ladies. and if you do get approached, please DON'T bite the poor guy's head off.

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: David there have been lots of men I was 'interested' in over the years..I'...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

David there have been lots of men I was 'interested' in over the years..I've been burned often enough by their that I would show interest to have become gun shy about making any kind of first move.. All I've got to say is that any man who leaves here disgruntled because he didn't have success has gotten what he deserved.. Because there are a great many of us women that would be thrilled to be getting contacts.. Many of us end up asking ourselves "What is wrong with me?" I have seen many men come here with 'a plan' to leave with a wife and do so.. I think too many drop the ball.. I get weary of only having penpals that lead nowhere.. Good grief guys..Just ask us out!!

--hide--

So, it's all up to the man? Whenever something doesn't work out it's because HE dropped the ball?? It can never be the other way around - i.e. HER doing?

There are plenty of wonderful marriagable women on CM. Moreso than any other dating site. But you won't find many of them on the forums. I'm starting to believe that this is the damaged floor models section of the furniture store. The marriageable women find a man, fallin love, and marry him. Those who are consitutionally incapable of sharing theirlives with ANYONE sit around carping and scolding men. I'm so fed up with that attitude many here espouse. Not you - you're always fair and never mean-spirited. But many women on these forums are pirahnas. wink

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: We're so beat up from the hiding you women give us when we do approach. You ladi...

We're so beat up from the hiding you women give us when we do approach. You ladies have succeeded at cowing us, so we back off.

Help us out. If you're interested in a guy LET HIM KNOW. We're clueless. You'll wither on the vine waiting for him to realise you like him and come after you.

--hide--

I don't think it's so much as were clueless, as we're just plain tired of being told to pound sand because of some stupid superficial reason. Which plays heavily on our confidence. (which for some odd reason, women supposedly like)

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-235584 said: I don't think it's so much as were clueless, as we're just plain tired of ...
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said:

I don't think it's so much as were clueless, as we're just plain tired of being told to pound sand because of some stupid superficial reason. Which plays heavily on our confidence. (which for some odd reason, women supposedly like)

--hide--

Hear that ladies???

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: So, it's all up to the man? Whenever something doesn't work out it's bec...

So, it's all up to the man? Whenever something doesn't work out it's because HE dropped the ball?? It can never be the other way around - i.e. HER doing?

There are plenty of wonderful marriagable women on CM. Moreso than any other dating site. But you won't find many of them on the forums. I'm starting to believe that this is the damaged floor models section of the furniture store. The marriageable women find a man, fallin love, and marry him. Those who are consitutionally incapable of sharing theirlives with ANYONE sit around carping and scolding men. I'm so fed up with that attitude many here espouse. Not you - you're always fair and never mean-spirited. But many women on these forums are pirahnas.

--hide--
David you are so annoying sometimes - good thing I like you hug

Posts 21 - 30 of 200