Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-622151 said: A pair of tap shoes that says "Tappy Holidays." I love tap dancing and got it when I was litt...
(Quote) Andrea-622151 said: A pair of tap shoes that says "Tappy Holidays." I love tap dancing and got it when I was little.
--hide--

That sounds really cute, Andrea. Do you still dance?

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Mine would probably be a little wooden soldier I bought when I was 20. I was drawn to it when my r...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Mine would probably be a little wooden soldier I bought when I was 20. I was drawn to it when my roommate and I were shopping that first Christmas we were living away from our parents. Not sure why it means so much to me (we bought other ornaments). Maybe because the "love of my life" was in the military reserves, and the ornament reminded me of him.

Have to include a pom-pom snowman too. My son was so proud to have chosen that for me from the school's Christmas Shoppe when he was in kindergarten. He knew I collected snowmen.

--hide--

I think the memories are way more valuable than the actual ornament, Lina. It's nice you can associate a happy time with your little soldier. We try to buy an ornament each year to reflect what was most special our year. I gave a crystal engraved with a church for the year we returned. And a nativity scene made from olive trees in Israel. I guess if I ever lose my memory, I'll just gave to get my box of ornaments out. My whole life (from age 21) is there. I do love the kids crafts, too. They are so gery precious.

Psssst...I collect snowmen, too. highfive (Apparently we don't have a snowman icon.)

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: I think the memories are way more valuable than the actual ornament, Lina. It's n...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

I think the memories are way more valuable than the actual ornament, Lina. It's nice you can associate a happy time with your little soldier. We try to buy an ornament each year to reflect what was most special our year. I gave a crystal engraved with a church for the year we returned. And a nativity scene made from olive trees in Israel. I guess if I ever lose my memory, I'll just gave to get my box of ornaments out. My whole life (from age 21) is there. I do love the kids crafts, too. They are so gery precious.

Psssst...I collect snowmen, too. (Apparently we don't have a snowman icon.)

--hide--

Please replace all "gave"s with have. embarassed

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Elaine-525333 said: When putting up my little tree the other night I used little ornaments that I have had for years...
(Quote) Elaine-525333 said:

When putting up my little tree the other night I used little ornaments that I have had for years. I do not remember who gave those to me. Will have to check with Mom today when I see her. It was something different on the tree & special too since I have had them for years.

--hide--

I can just imagine how sweet that must look!

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Please tell me more Sherrill-Anne. I'd love to know know at they look like. (I'm ...

Please tell me more Sherrill-Anne. I'd love to know know at they look like. (I'm crafty that way and appreciate the homemade pieces, too.)

--hide--

Ok, I've had it with this autocorrect feature on my phone. Why don't they install spellcheck instead?

Dec 7th 2012 new
All of my grandmother's handmade ornaments are my favorites and they are on my tree right now.

Sharon
Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Sharon-738482 said: All of my grandmother's handmade ornaments are my favorites and they are on my tree right now. ...
(Quote) Sharon-738482 said: All of my grandmother's handmade ornaments are my favorites and they are on my tree right now.

Sharon
--hide--

What kind of things did she make, Sharon? I have a little needle holder my grandma had made that I treasure. I'd love to hear more about what your grandma did.

Dec 7th 2012 new

my favorite christmas ornament are all of them. from the kids making them at school, to the ones found in the various church bazaars, yard sales and auction houses. my greatest find and i do love these are my mica japanese houses, i was lucky tp find 7 in a bag for about 3$. they look very pretty on windowsills and the mantle. decorate the houses with the bottle brush trees.

Dec 8th 2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: That sounds really cute, Andrea. Do you still dance?

That sounds really cute, Andrea. Do you still dance?

--hide--
No. I had found an adult tap class that I joined for a few years, but I now my s he'd use conflicts.
Dec 12th 2012 new
My favorite ornament is actually one that my mother has had since she was a child. It looks like an oblong snow globe & on the inside it has a little plastic deer & pine tree with fake snow. Around the top & bottom it has red ric-rac & silver glitter. I always remember asking my mom when I was little, how the deer got on the inside. I remember taking it off the tree & staring at it forever. I have my own tree now, with lots of special ornaments that my kids have made for me that I just adore. But when I go to my parents house, I still look for that special ornament with the deer & I'm transported right back into my childhood.
Posts 11 - 20 of 20