Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Dec 7th 2012 new
Prayers
Dec 7th 2012 new
Praying I have been at the memorial several times & I had a sad feeling & eerie feeling when I

was there.The oil still bubbles up from where the ship went down with the brave men inside.
Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Tom-432657 said: Today is the 71st anniversary of the japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. My prayers go to the victims of that...
(Quote) Tom-432657 said: Today is the 71st anniversary of the japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. My prayers go to the victims of that day December 7, 1941.
--hide--
Two of my uncles enlisted shortly after the news broke. Back in the 1960's, I worked with a guy who survived the Arizona when the sea around it was in flames from the burning oil. He jumped into that hell, swam underwater and periodically swept the flames on the surface aside to gulp air until he was clear of them. I saluted him then and I salute him and all his shipmates today. May we never forget their noble sacrifice.

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Tom-432657 said: Today is the 71st anniversary of the japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. My prayers go to the victims of that...
(Quote) Tom-432657 said: Today is the 71st anniversary of the japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. My prayers go to the victims of that day December 7, 1941.
--hide--

Praying Praying rosary rosary theheart theheart

Dec 7th 2012 new

Years ago when I was in the Marine Corps, I recieved orders to report to a rather intense training exercise in the scorpion infested jungle of Oahu island. Afterward, a handful of us were rewarded with a trip across the mountain to visit Pearl Harbour. It was really quite moving; like a pilgrimage! Bonus. After all these years, I still have the Hawai'ian shirt I bought as a momento when I was there.

Dec 8th 2012 new
Prayers for all who perished that day and in the war to follow, and all who have died in the service of our country since. We entrust their souls to Jesus, and on this day, through the intercession of the Patroness of the United States, the Immaculate Conception. I've always found it an amazing fact that WWII began and ended on two major feasts of Our Lady. I read this in a letter written by my Great Grandmother, the day after the surrender, in which she hoped for the return of two of her sons and one of her daughters from service. They all came home safely. She spoke of it beginning on the feast of the Immaculate Conception, the day after Pearl Harbor was attacked, and ending on the feast of the Assumption. I was curious so I researched this and it is true, even though there are alternate surrender dates and differences in time zones can result in different dates. God bless and protect men and women serving in the military.
Dec 8th 2012 new

--hide--

Listening to the country station on the way to work, they played a remembrance song for those who lost their lives that day...and I cried.

Requiscant in pace... rosary

Dec 8th 2012 new

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart United States Flag

Dec 8th 2012 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: Prayers for all who perished that day and in the war to follow, and all who have died in the service of our country...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Prayers for all who perished that day and in the war to follow, and all who have died in the service of our country since. We entrust their souls to Jesus, and on this day, through the intercession of the Patroness of the United States, the Immaculate Conception. I've always found it an amazing fact that WWII began and ended on two major feasts of Our Lady. I read this in a letter written by my Great Grandmother, the day after the surrender, in which she hoped for the return of two of her sons and one of her daughters from service. They all came home safely. She spoke of it beginning on the feast of the Immaculate Conception, the day after Pearl Harbor was attacked, and ending on the feast of the Assumption. I was curious so I researched this and it is true, even though there are alternate surrender dates and differences in time zones can result in different dates. God bless and protect men and women serving in the military.
--hide--

Well said John. As a bit of a history buff like my brother, I was thrilled when he contacted me today to say he stood on board the USS Cassin Young, moored in Boston Harbor and shook the hand of a US Serviceman who survived the attack that fateful day. Not too many folks can say today , "I was there!" Prayers to all that perished in that war and all conflicts. As Lt. Gen Harold Moore, Retired once said, "Hate war, love the American warrior." Amen.
Dec 8th 2012 new
Thank you for this post Tom.

Praying Praying Praying United States Flag
Posts 11 - 20 of 26